Are you done stocking up?

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I have 4 KFL lite's. Over time they had been put away as I tried other rta's, Recently I have been bringing them back out, and fitting them with Bell caps. The bell caps shorten them up, and makes them lighter. Now they are my favorite rta again. I'm going to order some KFL lite bases, and more bell caps from FT so I'll have lots of them.

View attachment 602981 View attachment 602983
I bought quite a few bell caps, glad I did :) I think I will like them.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
This is why you are getting a taste in the beginning,your putting it in a bit too tight if it's moving your coil.I make mine snug,it will try to pull at the coil just a bit,but will still slide through,and from the very first draw,all i taste is my juice,never any off taste at all.I love rayon,with cotton i always had to rewick every 2 days,with rayon i rewick about every 2 weeks haha.

thanks, I will try a bit less. I have a number of tanks in rotation daily with rayon and I usually go 2 - 3 weeks before I re-wick them and could probably go longer most of the time.

I've used the rayon on the RBA of the Toptank mini so far. It's not leaking, but I can see liquid around the AFC holes.

I only have one STM in rotation and it was set off to the side before I got around to trying the RBA with Rayon so I can't help with your issues on this tank I am afraid.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Seriously? Even with sweet juices? That would be so sweet... pun intended. :)
I don't vape many sweet juices,but i do use a small bit of sweetener in a few.No matter which juice i use,i get at least a week,but my usual juice which does have a bit of sweetness to it,i go at least 2 weeks,and usually only dry burn and rewick because i can't remember when i did it last,and figure it may need it haha.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I think I may have to try making my tails slightly thicker on my Toptank RBA because is has the juice holes, and not the channels. I would imagine it being much easier with channels on a deck.
The tanks I have like the Boreas that has 4 large juice holes on the bottom of the dual coil deck get thicker tails than my decks like a griffin or merlin that have juice channels. The RDA decks that I use for dripping my new recipe testers get even thicker tails.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
thanks, I will try a bit less. I have a number of tanks in rotation daily with rayon and I usually go 2 - 3 weeks before I re-wick them and could probably go longer most of the time.
When i first started using rayon,i did the same,i was really wedging it in there,then one day,i made it a bit thinner by mistake,but figured i would try it anyway,and was impressed with not having that off taste at the beginning,so i stuck with it.I've done it enough now,that i know exactly how much to pull off for the different coils i use to get it just where i want it.If using 2.5mm coils,i split the width of the rayon into 3 equal sections,so i get 3 wicks,but if i use a 3mm coil,i split the width of the rayon by half,then pull just a little more off of that.With the tails,i usually take just a bit less than half off them,but that depends on which atty i am using.Rda's,i only leave very thin tails,but rta's like my Griffins,i trim them to about half or so.
Yeah,i love not having to rewick all the time,i usually do it at around the 2 week mark,but could probably go much longer,i just usually can't remember when i did it last,so i just do it when i think about it haha.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Seriously? Even with sweet juices? That would be so sweet... pun intended. :)
I have gone over a month without rewicking the rayon in a Subtank Mini RBA and the tank was used daily with a strawberry custard juice. Huge difference over cotton.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
So with rayon, I twisted it to get it in the coil, it squeaked but I wonder if I had it too full, when I pulled on it it was starting to pull the coil with it, should it still slide thru the coil without too much drag??
Squeaking is good, the stuff compresses as it gets wet. So dry it "should" squeak a little.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
...If using 2.5mm coils,i split the width of the rayon into 3 equal sections,so i get 3 wicks,but if i use a 3mm coil,i split the width of the rayon by half,then pull just a little more off of that.....
Ahh, I did this yesterday on accident when I got a phone call while splitting the rayon to wick my Boreas' 3mm coils and the rayon taste went away much faster. I will try pulling a bit more off each half next time I do 3mm coil re-wicks. Thanks.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Zut, I mean this in the kindest way, but want to remind everyone that threads that include controversial topics belong in the Outside section found in the Lounge area of the forum.

I would hate to see bnrkwest's thread dumped to the basement. :)

Oh no!! Yes we need to stay on vape topic, keep controversy to cotton vs rayon or regulated vs mech please :) so much good info on this thread.

:lol: No probs :)

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I am still on my first 40ft box... probably have 37 or 38 feet left lol.
When i got mine,they were out of the 40ft. and the 500ft. boxes,so i got the huge 3 pound box.Me and my son have been using it for over a year,and i gave probably 30 feet of it to a friend,and i think the box may be down to 2.8 pounds now haha.I don't know how many feet comes in the 3pd. box,but i think there will be still be enough left to supply my family for a few generations to come haha.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I have gone over a month without rewicking the rayon in a Subtank Mini RBA and the tank was used daily with a strawberry custard juice. Huge difference over cotton.
Just wicked up two RBAs with cotton to use when my stock coils give out which I only get a couple days of anyways. Excited about the chance of not having to change cotton every couple of days.... here's hoping. :)

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
The tanks I have like the Boreas that has 4 large juice holes on the bottom of the dual coil deck get thicker tails than my decks like a griffin or merlin that have juice channels. The RDA decks that I use for dripping my new recipe testers get even thicker tails.
Thanks, after thinking about it, it makes sense and wicked a couple RBAs with a bit thicker tails for when I'm ready to use them.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I received info that yahoo has been hacked. Thought I would pass that along since so many have had cc fraud lately. I guess any sites that use Yahoo may have been compromised and that might explain part of this rash of fraud.

Users who are viewing this thread