Are you done stocking up?

I have about a dozen quality mechs in the stockpile along with about the same number of regulated devices.
I don`t, realistically, expect the regulateds to last more than a decade or so, even if unused.
Might get lucky, might not but my Mech`s will always work assuming the long-term availability of 18650s anyway.

I`m pretty old school. My only tanks are all kayfun Lite V2`s, mostly authentics, with a ton of spares for them and the mechs. I regard my regulated mods as, basically disposable and if I get lucky and they last many years then great but if not then I`m covered.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
My grandson was gifted with two new vaping toys yesterday so now we are in search of some really cheap Kanger T3D clearomizers and Kanger Dual Coil 1.2 or 1.5 ohm coils. If any of you are still stalking the clearance sales and see any please let me know :)

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I have about a dozen quality mechs in the stockpile along with about the same number of regulated devices.
I don`t, realistically, expect the regulateds to last more than a decade or so, even if unused.
Might get lucky, might not but my Mech`s will always work assuming the long-term availability of 18650s anyway.

I`m pretty old school. My only tanks are all Kayfun Lite V2`s, mostly authentics, with a ton of spares for them and the mechs. I regard my regulated mods as, basically disposable and if I get lucky and they last many years then great but if not then I`m covered.
Yep, best case scenario is all goes well for us Vapers and the Industry continues without Government and their Agents trying to kill it. Then you can easily trade or sell them for a good price. Worst case scenario, you're fully prepared to give them the finger for you're well prepared ;)

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
One thing I`m not sure has been mentioned for people stockpiling devices with OLED displays (Most current mods) is that the display by it`s nature degrades over time even if not in use.

Storage lifetime of an OLED display under optimal conditions is usually given as around 10 years so you could end up with a situation where the device itself functions fine but the display is dead even if it has never been used.

Just a thought...
Thanks for the heads up.
I'll set all of mine to 69W so they'll all be right where I want them.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I know how to tell when I've sufficiently stocked up....

Came in first place in a No-Limit Hold-em Poker tournament recently, (been running good lately) and stopped into a local B&M vape shop. Picked up ONE mod, a couple 18650 for it, and an unnecessary RTA, $115 total....and left with another $750 in my pocket. Just wasn't anything else I needed or wanted...:(

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5

Came in first place in a No-Limit Hold-em Poker tournament recently, (been running good lately) and stopped into a local B&M vape shop. Picked up ONE mod, a couple 18650 for it, and an unnecessary RTA, $115 total....and left with another $750 in my pocket. Just wasn't anything else I needed or wanted...:(
What up Stosh? What a coincidence running into you over here. :party:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Most of the info I found on Google pertains to OLED TVs.
I did find that oled shelf life is estimated at 10 years in this book from 2013
https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Light-Emitting-Diodes-OLEDs-Applications/dp/0857094254
Here's the direct link to "shelflife" search in that book - Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs)
Good info @Fubar1977 :toast:

My RX 200's and RX 200S's use different size oleds.
My SX350j mods probably do too so I think I'll get a few mechs after all.

I'll need freshly charged batteries because I like my dual coil Aromamizers @ .25Ω and my 100+ Crown coils are also .25Ω. I need 3.7v - 4.2v to get useful output. (55W-70W)

Ohm's law @ Steam Engine

Some (all?) mods for that other stuff use 510 connectors now but I dunno what wattage range they provide.

Last edited:

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle

Hah, you sound like me.

I'm so excessively picky and selective now, only think I'll pick up is something really, really peaks my interests.

I have to say though it is a relief not being in full blown panic mode to stock up on everything. Hell I even went so far as to stockpile over 20,000ft of wire, most of it is small thin gauge wrapping wire for fancy coils. I have a sneaky suspicion that possibly small gauge quality wire may be difficult to find. Probably not, but I just wanted to have that insurance for I do love making various Claptons, messing with ribbon wire, etc. (it's fun).

Most of the info I found on Google pertains to OLED TVs.
I did find that oled shelf life is estimated at 10 years in this book from 2013
https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Light-Emitting-Diodes-OLEDs-Applications/dp/0857094254
Here's the direct link to "shelflife" search in that book - Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs)
Good info @Fubar1977 :toast:

My RX 200's and RX 200S's use different size oleds.
My SX350j mods probably do too so I think I'll get a few mechs after all.

I'll need freshly charged batteries because I like my dual coil Aromamizers @ .25Ω and my 100+ Crown coils are also .25Ω. I need 3.7v - 4.2v to get useful output. (55W-70W)

Ohm's law @ Steam Engine

Some (all?) mods for that other stuff use 510 connectors now but I dunno what wattage range they provide.

The main source I found was this one:
http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/0f42/0900766b80f428a4.pdf

It`s from OSRAM and mainly relates to lighting but it`s reasonable to assume it would apply to any OLED application.
A really high quality OLED such as found in top-tier TV`s may have many thousands of hours lifespan but a cheap display in a regulated mod isn`t likely to be of an especially high quality.
I hope I`m wrong but I felt it was worth mentioning for people sinking all their prepping activities into OLED equipped regulated mods. A plan B is probably advisable.

Probably another reason to own a couple of earlier Provari`s with the old style LED displays as well.
I don`t at the moment but seriously thinking about getting a couple. I`m only put off by the need for button top batteries really.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Thanks for the heads up.
I'll set all of mine to 69W so they'll all be right where I want them.
I had to do a similar one haha.My main mod that gets used the most,took a very hard hit on a concrete floor a while back,and the screen cracked so it doesn't show anything anymore.I had to figure out how many clicks it took to get to my wattage i wanted.So if anyone uses a Fuchai 213 at 45 watts and your screen quits working,it's like 300 clicks to get there haha.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I finally got one of my FT orders, a Kayfun bases, tanks for them and some short chimneys. I think I have a few more coming just for stash. I am really loving the Kayfun Lite plus V2's, love being able to dry burn coils and rewick so they keep on going. Why oh why did I wait so long before learning this! I could have saved a ton of money years ago and had more $'s to buy more stash! LOL

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I finally got one of my FT orders, a Kayfun bases, tanks for them and some short chimneys. I think I have a few more coming just for stash. I am really loving the Kayfun Lite plus V2's, love being able to dry burn coils and rewick so they keep on going. Why oh why did I wait so long before learning this! I could have saved a ton of money years ago and had more $'s to buy more stash! LOL
I hear that, finally got my coil building for my Toptank RBA just right and really enjoying it better than the stock coils. Was going through a stock coil every couple of days.... it was getting expensive.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Congrats on the win. I like Texas Hold'em too.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
A little Bear we both know pushed and prodded to get beople to rebuild.

You can't say you weren't warned!

How many times did i say a coil cost 2-3 cents and 15-20 cents was enough for my coil, and numerous re wicks to do me 2 1/2-3 months

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I hear that, finally got my coil building for my Toptank RBA just right and really enjoying it better than the stock coils. Was going through a stock coil every couple of days.... it was getting expensive.

Congrats for starting rebuilding

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Congrats for starting rebuilding
Thank you, tried a couple times and sort of gave up. I needed more of an understanding of wire gauges, resistance, and power and how they all worked together. Once I got that, I nailed it. :)

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Hah, you sound like me.

I'm so excessively picky and selective now, only think I'll pick up is something really, really peaks my interests.

I have to say though it is a relief not being in full blown panic mode to stock up on everything. Hell I even went so far as to stockpile over 20,000ft of wire, most of it is small thin gauge wrapping wire for fancy coils. I have a sneaky suspicion that possibly small gauge quality wire may be difficult to find. Probably not, but I just wanted to have that insurance for I do love making various Claptons, messing with ribbon wire, etc. (it's fun).

Am am in the same boat.

A new vape store opened a couple of months ago about a mile from my house and I haven't even checked it out. I need nothing and don't want to go in and buy something just to buy something.

I have a couple of Coppervapes and cheap BF tanks coming from FT and I think that should be it.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Am am in the same boat.

A new vape store opened a couple of months ago about a mile from my house and I haven't even checked it out. I need nothing and don't want to go in and buy something just to buy something.

I have a couple of Coppervapes and cheap BF tanks coming from FT and I think that should be it.
A new flag ship store for IVC (juice company but they sell hardware too) just opened by me and haven't even went in there to check it out but I did go back to my other local shop for a couple RDA clones and am now hooked on RDA. Actually might go to a different store I have never been to and grab a rx2/3 with a coupon for $45 which is about as cheap as I can find them for online in stock. I don't need it right now (have 3 in black) but want a few of the other color combos for the stash.

Users who are viewing this thread