Are you done stocking up?

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I am using rayon almost exclusively now and love it.

I have tons of wire (2000 ft likely) but am finding the I grab pre-wound coils more and more. The $7 fasttech packs of 48 coils (8 different kids) make it hard justifying paying $15 for a small spool of Clapton wire or making the Claptons (or other fancy wires) myself. Forget about the time spent making coils.
ditto on that. I need to order some prebuilt SS coils next FT order as I prefer TC mode but am too lazy usually to twist up some ss wire and coil it so lately I have been digging into the 2 x 48 packs I got on my last FT order.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I tried out one of those shorty tanks on the Kayfun base, works well but I am having trouble finding a drip tip to fit, anyone else have that problem? Or do you use it as is no drip tip?

Did you order any of the silicone drip tips from FT? I found those fit on the shorty, flat top, bell caps. They're the only ones though, because they aren't rigid like all the other regular DT I have.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I tried out one of those shorty tanks on the Kayfun base, works well but I am having trouble finding a drip tip to fit, anyone else have that problem? Or do you use it as is no drip tip? It's a bit too hot for me like that.
I also tried the Red Velvet Cake DX, gave it a hot water bath, tastes a bit funky LOL I think it will get better with age :)
I usd a short Kayfun. I use a standard drip tip.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I tried out one of those shorty tanks on the Kayfun base, works well but I am having trouble finding a drip tip to fit, anyone else have that problem? Or do you use it as is no drip tip? It's a bit too hot for me like that.
I also tried the Red Velvet Cake DX, gave it a hot water bath, tastes a bit funky LOL I think it will get better with age :)
I found this shop a while ago. They have beautiful tips. The cleito tips also fit the Ultimo tanks. I ordered a few and they are stunning.

Acrylic Drip Tips Signature Series
Use the drop down for a list of all the type of tank tips they offer.
They have a post that they are in Fl until the 29th so shipping may be delayed.
:)

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I found this shop a while ago. They have beautiful tips. The cleito tips also fit the Ultimo tanks. I ordered a few and they are stunning.

Acrylic Drip Tips Signature Series
Use the drop down for a list of all the type of tank tips they offer.
They have a post that they are in Fl until the 29th so shipping may be delayed.
:)
Theirs are all I use these days.
The website still shows some single o-ring.
Old pics. They all have double o-rings now.

I have 9 of them. Here are a few of them and a Trinity Copa tip.

13227455_1779649372265885_2098990736675968692_o.jpg

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Did you order any of the silicone drip tips from FT? I found those fit on the shorty, flat top, bell caps. They're the only ones though, because they aren't rigid like all the other regular DT I have.
I'll have to try those because none of mine fit, I have one sort of resting on top for now LOL

Doublestemcell5

Moved On
Oct 24, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
Thought I'd placed my last FT order( I know silly me :lol:) but last week my grandson was gifted with two new vaping toys and now he needs some lower ohm coils for both of them :facepalm: FT's prices were way lower then anyplace else I could find so I placed a small order last night. It's already been shipped so it should be here next week. If he's satisfied with the lower ohm coils I'll still be looking to get some more if I can find them on a really cheap clearance sale.

One of the gifts was a iTaste DRV. I'm impressed with it. Its a really sturdy, well made 12 volt pass though for vaping in the car without needing any batteries. It's VV and can handle up to 20 watts. If I was still working and in my car every day I'd be looking for one in a clearance sale for myself. Since he's notorious for forgetting to charge his batteries it should come in really handy for him going and coming home from work. ;)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'll have to try those because none of mine fit, I have one sort of resting on top for now LOL

These are the ones that I ordered that definitely fit. They do have many other colors as always though, in the exact same ones...with an 8.6mm base diameter.

$1.97 Silicone 510 Drip Tip for SUBTANK Mini Clearomizer (10-Pack) - 20.6mm / Black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Edit: IMO the base diameter of 8.6mm on those is the key to them fitting, because it's a "just right" fit. I just twist it alittle as I'm putting it on, and it goes on easily and is a snug fit then. Other silicone ones have a larger or smaller base diameter (8.7mm and 8.5mm), and IMO they'd either be too big to fit or too loose once on the tank.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@grandmato5 - I've been looking for the Kanger T3D clearos on sale or clearance for you, as I've been checking deals on a few things for the neighbor.

Found them on Clearance at MountainOakVapors for only $.99! Got all excited to find them, but...they were sold out already. :(
Cheapest I've seen anywhere else so far is $3.99.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
@grandmato5 - I've been looking for the Kanger T3D clearos on sale or clearance for you, as I've been checking deals on a few things for the neighbor.

Found them on Clearance at MountainOakVapors for only $.99! Got all excited to find them, but...they were sold out already. :(
Cheapest I've seen anywhere else so far is $3.99.

Thanks JcinFLA :) I appreciate your help. I saw the Mountain Oak Vapors ones too, unfortunately too late :( I know I saw others in past weeks with similar price but I didn't know he'd be needing them at the time. FT price wasn't too bad and at least now he'll have something to use while I wait to find a good clearance sale again.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
These are the ones that I ordered that definitely fit. They do have many other colors as always though, in the exact same ones...with an 8.6mm base diameter.

$1.97 Silicone 510 Drip Tip for SUBTANK Mini Clearomizer (10-Pack) - 20.6mm / Black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Edit: IMO the base diameter of 8.6mm on those is the key to them fitting, because it's a "just right" fit. I just twist it alittle as I'm putting it on, and it goes on easily and is a snug fit then. Other silicone ones have a larger or smaller base diameter (8.7mm and 8.5mm), and IMO they'd either be too big to fit or too loose once on the tank.
I'll try those. I like the shorty for trying new juices, that way less waste if the juice really sucks LOL The Red Velvet cake is better today BTW :)

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
This new Kayfun base from FT has a too small screw in the fill hole. I could not get it out to fill, acting like it was stripped, hubby said turn it over to see if it comes out, yep it did, but it is too small. Just a heads up if anyone else has that problem. I need to look for my extra screws.

Reactions: Sara Love

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
This new Kayfun base from FT has a too small screw in the fill hole.

I ordered 2 of the SS and 2 of the GP ones, so I just checked mine since I read your post. 3 of mine look like what oplholik's pic shows above. Top of screw is sort of rounded, and when screwed in it sits well below the edge of the base. 4th one has a flat-top head and sits just barely below the edge of the base. All screw in OK though, but the 3 do need a tiny tap to come out when unscrewed all the way. I'm thinking it's just because they're so tiny. Other screw with flat top head has a longer post on it so unscrews out fully.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
It came with something other than the normal fill screw?

View attachment 609105
It is a smaller size only grabs at the last turn and it will not screw out, I have to flip the tank over for it to come out. Must be a little bit smaller size.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I need to check my other bases, another I have has the ok size screw but it is a bit wonky to screw in, but works ok. Also be sure to check the metal rectangle piece, where the coil goes over, above the insulator, be sure it is not cockeyed and sitting as it should, also be sure it is tightened down. The gold one I got was the one that shorted since it was cockeyed. Once I fixed it, it is working fine. Just have to look over the FT stuff :)

Users who are viewing this thread