Are you done stocking up?

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
[

Pana...have you run across the joyetech CLR coils yet...

They're designed to be rebuilt (and each 5-pack comes with instructions)...

You remove 1 from the blister pack...screw into tank...then vape as usually do...

Then after awhile when flavor lessens...it's easy to just replace cotton/rayon...

Getting a little harsh...it's easy to dry-burn...

When coil (after a number of re-wicks and dry-burns) gets beyond repair...just wrap a new Kanthal/SS etc. coil...

Joyetech CLR Coils (5 pack)

A LOT of tanks can use the CLR coils. I prefer the eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank...because of its 4ml. capacity and GREAT AFC...

Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank

Mist hub has the whole set up for 29.95. Going to get it and put it in the stash. The selling point for me is TC! I will be storing it with my ocular c.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Mist hub has the whole set up for 29.95. Going to get it and put it in the stash. The selling point for me is TC! I will be storing it with my ocular c.

I just wanted to remind you that you don't want/need many things in stash with built-in batteries - batteries only last so long, whether they are being stored or being used.

I just wanted to remind you/everyone.. I didn't know if what your talking about has built in batteries or not.. just a reminder I guess..

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I just wanted to remind you that you don't want/need many things in stash with built-in batteries - batteries only last so long, whether they are being stored or being used.

I just wanted to remind you/everyone.. I didn't know if what your talking about has built in batteries or not.. just a reminder I guess..

Good reminder. I wish I had learned that earlier![emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Well.. out of all the tanks I have tried now,it's definitely the kayfun 4 for me or the Kabuki..

At least we have it narrowed down to what tank I need to stock up on!

I just got the Origen v2 MK11 and built it. Just not getting the flavor I'd like with this build anyway. Disappointing.

I have tried the Kayfun 5 and love the flavor more than the Kayfun 4, but am finding it a bit of a pita in comparison, although ill definitely keep it, but I probably won't get another.

I have tried the serpent mini and love love love the flavor but after a while it's started popping and hissing and burning my mouth, heard someone say this happens because there is not enough cotton through the coil, might try stuffing it again.. but my poor mouth, took a day to feel better after that... Lol..

Not happy with the airflow in the kayfun 3.1 so that's a no go for me..

Like the nectar styled rta, but you have to keep that thing upright at all times, and I'm bad bad bad about laying things down improperly.. so keeping that for emergency sake and a change periodically, but don't like the whole can't lay it down.

Found the taifun gt3 a pita although I did get the wicking finally.. still a pita and won't get another.. keeping for emergencies though.

I could go on.. but I won't bother... I believe it's the kayfun 4 for me.. and at least we have it narrowed down..

Only one problem, tobeco has discontinued making them.. guess ill have to find out how good of a clone eh pro is for stocking up purposes.

Sigh.. and life goes on..

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Good reminder. I wish I had learned that earlier!
If you're storing something with built-in batteries, or you have spare cells that are not currently "in service" keep them at 40-50% charge -- 3.7V is good. Do not store them fully charged! It's much harder on a Li-ion cell to sit around at full charge than it is to spend it's time at 40-50% of charge. Charge fully before using. Discharge down to 40-50% before putting in storage. Check 'em every 3-6 months too, 'cause you don't want to let them drop too low either.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
If you're storing something with built-in batteries, or you have spare cells that are not currently "in service" keep them at 40-50% charge -- 3.7V is good. Do not store them fully charged! It's much harder on a Li-ion cell to sit around at full charge than it is to spend it's time at 40-50% of charge. Charge fully before using. Discharge down to 40-50% before putting in storage. Check 'em every 3-6 months too, 'cause you don't want to let them drop too low either.

Good to know as all mine are fully charged. I'll take them out and use them for a little bit. Thanks for that info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Well.. out of all the tanks I have tried now,it's definitely the kayfun 4 for me or the Kabuki..

At least we have it narrowed down to what tank I need to stock up on!

I just got the Origen v2 MK11 and built it. Just not getting the flavor I'd like with this build anyway. Disappointing.

I have tried the Kayfun 5 and love the flavor more than the Kayfun 4, but am finding it a bit of a pita in comparison, although ill definitely keep it, but I probably won't get another.

I have tried the serpent mini and love love love the flavor but after a while it's started popping and hissing and burning my mouth, heard someone say this happens because there is not enough cotton through the coil, might try stuffing it again.. but my poor mouth, took a day to feel better after that... Lol..

Not happy with the airflow in the kayfun 3.1 so that's a no go for me..

Like the nectar styled rta, but you have to keep that thing upright at all times, and I'm bad bad bad about laying things down improperly.. so keeping that for emergency sake and a change periodically, but don't like the whole can't lay it down.

Found the taifun gt3 a pita although I did get the wicking finally.. still a pita and won't get another.. keeping for emergencies though.

I could go on.. but I won't bother... I believe it's the kayfun 4 for me.. and at least we have it narrowed down..

Only one problem, tobeco has discontinued making them.. guess ill have to find out how good of a clone eh pro is for stocking up purposes.

Sigh.. and life goes on..

I like the V4. my main stockpile tank.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I like the V4. my main stockpile tank.

Do you know whether or not Svoemesto is planning on labeling their packaging to suit the FDA for sale in the United States next month?

This is the whole thing.. after June without the new packaging on our tanks and mods saying they were made from tobacco, they won't be allowed to be sold here in the U.S...

This is worrying me as far as what companies are planning to comply so they can continue to sell here in the U.S...

If I have the time, then I can get a couple authentic, but before June? It's a definite no for me..

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
This is the whole thing.. after June without the new packaging on our tanks and mods saying they were made from tobacco, they won't be allowed to be sold here in the U.S...

This is worrying me as far as what companies are planning to comply so they can continue to sell here in the U.S...
In principle, anything that wasn't already on the market as of 8/8/16 isn't allowed to be sold in the US now either. Yet it seems there are plenty of new mods and atties being introduced on a regular basis.

One might speculate that enforcement of the Deeming is not among the new administration's priorities.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
In principle, anything that wasn't already on the market as of 8/8/16 isn't allowed to be sold in the US now either. Yet it seems there are plenty of new mods and atties being introduced on a regular basis.

One might speculate that enforcement of the Deeming is not among the new administration's priorities.

I hope that holds true come June! I know people are starting to move stock into clearance and I'm thinking it's packaging related.

I could be wrong, but a lot is starting to be moved into clearance.

As a beside, some companies sold like one beta prior to 8-8 in order to be able to legally sell it later, I heard that's true with the dna 75c board.. so it might be true with some others.. all they needed was one transaction to legally be able to introduce it later..

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I hope that holds true come June! I know people are starting to move stock into clearance and I'm thinking it's packaging related.

I could be wrong, but a lot is starting to be moved into clearance.
That's voluntary compliance, not enforcement.

As a beside, some companies sold like one beta prior to 8-8 in order to be able to legally sell it later, I heard that's true with the dna 75c board.. so it might be true with some others.. all they needed was one transaction to legally be able to introduce it later..
Yup, some US-based vendors definitely did that, including at least one here on ECF. But I don't think that's representative of what we're seeing.

Besides, wouldn't adding a sticker to the packaging with the appropriate wording solve the problem?

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Yup, some US-based vendors definitely did that, including at least one here on ECF. But I don't think that's representative of what we're seeing.

Besides, wouldn't adding a sticker to the packaging with the appropriate wording solve the problem?

Yes, it would.. and yes.. you are correct.. :)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Btw.. thank you.. your reassurance has made me feel better.. I've been worried about this upcoming date.. but thank you, I feel a bit like I can breathe a little easier.. :)

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Do you know whether or not Svoemesto is planning on labeling their packaging to suit the FDA for sale in the United States next month?

If I have the time, then I can get a couple authentic, but before June? It's a definite no for me..

All mine are tobecco bought about this time last year. I am not sure about europe regs but I think the max tank size is 2 ml.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
DFW Vapor has the SmokTech vape safe battery fuse for a penny! I just bought 100 of them for a dollar with free shipping. I intend on using these with my mech mods. I can use my mechs safely enough, but with the fuse I feel a bit more secure. SmokTech Vape Safe

EDIT: There is only about 230 fuses left.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
DFW Vapor has the SmokTech vape safe battery fuse for a penny! I just bought 100 of them for a dollar with free shipping. I intend on using these with my mech mods. I can use my mechs safely enough, but with the fuse I feel a bit more secure. SmokTech Vape Safe

EDIT: There is only about 230 fuses left.

Have you, personally, ever done business with them before now...?

Users who are viewing this thread