Are you embarrassed people might think your mod is some kind of illegal drug delivery device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArdDarvis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Okiphenoki, OK
OP, I'm with ya. I remember smoking cigarettes, basically not giving a dam where the smoke went or who saw me.

Now, walking between classes or otherwise, I'm very subconscious. I don't want the cloud to go in someone's face, and I certainly don't want to have to defend myself agianst someone who doesn't understand.

Everyone has had great input, but I feel ya OP- I thought I was the only one who felt this way.
:blush:

Sassyonemeis

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Albany NY
I have heard many comments about it being some kind of ..... I live in a small town and often run into the cops at the local convenience stores etc and have gotten some looks, but seriously, if it were something illegal I wouldnt be wielding it out in plain sight for any to see LOL. When I first started a few years ago, I did get the sideways glances and then outright questioned about it. I inform people what it is, and get many positive responses. A lot of smokers like my PV but when I say how much I spent on it (which is nothing compared to what some of the mod addicts here spend.. think provari and such) they cringe. Unfortunately, many people cant get past the initial setup costs and see past to the huge savings of not smoking cigarettes.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Once, when I was walking past an older couple in the parking lot, the guy had to LOUDLY comment to his wife, "Who knows what's in that thing, he could be smoking anything.". I just had to backtrack and say to his face, "I'm not smoking, and I know exactly what's in this thing. Do you guys know what's in those cigarettes?" Basically, I don't care what anyone thinks, and I tend to meet fire with fire of my own. However, if someone was to ask me a question politely, I would certainly politely respond.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 8, 2015
    Houston area
    I've found I get less dirty looks when vaping then when I smoked analogs. I did have a little old lady yell at me about being a drug smoking hippy ( okay, so she's 1/2right)... And no amount of trying to get her to stop yelling at me was working. When she threatened to call the cops, I handed her my phone. I don't really care anymore!

Reactions: KattMamma
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread