Are you for or against being able to vape indoors in public places?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
Klutz is practically my middle name, and when I first started the coil-building thing, you could have written the Profane Dictionary with everything that was coming out of my mouth. :D Though it was actually the process of getting coils "mounted" in those tiny T3S heads that really brought on the cussing. :D I was terrified of pretty much everything about vaping, at first -- got a drop of 6mg juice on my hand, oh horrors! I'm washing it off frantically -- yesterday I got a few drops of 100mg on my fingers while mixing, no trauma, just rinse them off in cold water. :lol: And the coils, OMG, you'd think I was trying to build a nuclear reactor or something. :D I dunno if familiarity breeds contempt, but it certainly breeds calmness. :D

Andria
At least if I cuss in English, he might not understand me :D

Reactions: AndriaD

MotherOfCats

Jun 23, 2015
Ohio
I am not saying you are incorrect in your last statement, but I do question the validity of it. Many things including the company could be the cause of a headache/feeling unwell. Maybe one of the people had on too much cologne. Smells in general are huge headache triggers, but they are all around us even when vaping is not. IMO I just think it is unfair to automatically blame the vape.

I have been in the location multiple times. Both with the chronic vapers and without. The only problems I ever had were after being exposed to their clouds for more than an hour or so. Believe me I'm not just blaming the vape. Especially since I vape myself now. I am saying that despite not have used the scientific method, basic cause and effect lead to my conclusion that it was the constant vape cloud that caused it.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I'm a libertarian about it. I think the property owner has the right to set the rules on how his property-- even a public accommodation-- will be used. In the case of public property, I think some discretion is advised. In most cases, and with reasonable gear, I think it should be allowed. However, I have been in some e-juice bars where you get a half dozen cloud chasers huffing and puffing in a small space and it can get oppressive. I think that, and I'm a vaper myself. That's both wrong and impolite-- I really am a libertarian about it, I think the latter is worse than the former-- and I can see why there would be some reason to restrict making a public nuisance of yourself.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Perhaps, but I can't stand the smell of most people but while I may make an icky face behind their back I go about my business as I believe most non nosy bodies will do.

Americans are just accustomed to sterile environments. Spend some time in a Cosmopolitan European city and smells won't bother you...

There's 20 people here smoking, colognes and perfumes mixed with sweat and food where I'm at now. Doesn't bother me a bit...

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Americans are just accustomed to sterile environments. Spend some time in a Cosmopolitan European city and smells won't bother you...

There's 20 people here smoking, colognes and perfumes mixed with sweat and food where I'm at now. Doesn't bother me a bit...

So true ...

I live less than an hour from the Mexican border, and spend a considerable amount of time in Tijuana. My doctors are there, and an increasing number of retired friends ...

Its still amazing to me how much more I can relax there, without constant concern about setting off one of the "brittle people" that I encounter at home in the US ...

Not every culture tolerates a segment of society that is constantly seeking confrontation over real or imagined offenses ... :(

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA

I suppose that is true, but I was kind of joking. Or being tongue in cheek about it. I am not much of a city gal but do love going to places like Faunal Hall, Market Square, and China Town in Boston. Many are turned off by the smells but I am so amazed at all the wonderful food and culture that I forget about all that. Nothing better then seeing chicken feet hanging from the ceiling or a barrel of frogs (not legal anymore I don't think). I was really jut trying to make the point that there are a lot of things that can be bothersome to people but we have to either get used to it or stay home.

So true ...

I live less than an hour from the Mexican border, and spend a considerable amount of time in Tijuana. My doctors are there, and an increasing number of retired friends ...

Its still amazing to me how much more I can relax there, without constant concern about setting off one of the "brittle people" that I encounter at home in the US ...

Not every culture tolerates a segment of society that is constantly seeking confrontation over real or imagined offenses ... :(

Just setting the record straight.....Since it was I that Stevegmu replied to I want to let you all know......I am not one of those "brittle people". Hahahaha I was trying to make a funny point. I accept all, smelly or not. :lol:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
"brittle people"
That is so awesome that I am stealing it.
I'm not even going to ask, I'm just going to steal it.
:thumb:

I spent a lot of time in Tijuana during my formative years.
And I still wouldn't hesitate for one second to eat those bacon-wrapped hot dogs.
:)

Brittle people.
Love it.

I'm pretty sure the brittle people don't eat the bacon-wrapped hot dogs in Tijuana.
Heck, I'm pretty sure the brittle people wouldn't even GO to Tijuana.
:laugh:

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
That is so awesome that I am stealing it.
I'm not even going to ask, I'm just going to steal it.
:thumb:

I spent a lot of time in Tijuana during my formative years.
And I still wouldn't hesitate for one second to eat those bacon-wrapped hot dogs.
:)

Brittle people.
Love it.

I'm pretty sure the brittle people don't eat the bacon-wrapped hot dogs in Tijuana.

They probably don't eat meat at all. :D I'd guess they probably eat a lot of kale and tofu. ;)

Andria

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
tv%20skulls%20work%20freedom%20kids%20quotes%20fashion%20pavement%20job%20cigarettes%20driving%20law%201260x1024%20wallpape_www.wall321.com_83.jpg

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I'm in favor of not allowing the government to dictate whether a restaurant or bar owner allows indoor vaping or smoking.

I also used to enjoy smoking in a bar and wish I could vape in one in the new American era.

That's pretty much a pipe dream in the US, but there's always Prague...

v6t2q9.jpg

2rclxte.jpg

Reactions: Mad Scientist
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread