Are you KIDDING ME??? Vape banned for 4th of July!

Status
Not open for further replies.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Just to comment, they already have. My step-daughter's friends are running around with eGos and 0 nic juice and trying to blow out huge clouds and of course look ultra-cool doing it. And i live on a tiny island I can only imagine what is going on in the "big city"

Interesting. Do they smoke?

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
Oh, man! I remember those. They date at least back to the late '70s, when I tried them at age 10 or 11. They probably go much further back than that.

They're just chewy candy sticks that look like cigarettes. It used to be "cool" to go around with one hanging from your lips. Then after a minute or two, you chew it up, swallow it and grab another from your "pack".

EDIT: Some of them were chewing gum, as well.

Last edited:

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
They're just chewy candy sticks that look like cigarettes. It used to be "cool" to go around with one hanging from your lips. Then after a minute or two, you chew it up, swallow it and grab another from your "pack".

I blame big tobacco for turning me onto those and making me like them. Before that, when I was like 6, I was quite content being uncool eating razzles and lemon heads. After that point, anything with the word "cigarette" in it was something I had to have. And even though big tobacco didn't make those candy cigarettes, I still blame them. Just like I blame big agriculture for getting me into candy corn.

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
Oh, man! I remember those. They date at least back to the late '70s, when I tried them at age 10 or 11. They probably go much further back than that.

EDIT: Some of them were chewing gum, as well.

I remember having them in CHOCOLATE too !! :p

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I remember having them in CHOCOLATE too !! :p

The chocolate ones were yummy. You could also get a "smoking set" that had a pipe (liquorice) a cigar, and cigarettes. My favourite stuff was "Spanish Gold" - pretend pipe tobacco made out of coconut with a chocolatey, sugary coating. Yum! :)

JayQC

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2014
Canada
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Chill out in here please

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
Ah well, if only if was THAT simple !!! :)
Ah yes, if only wishing made it so. It will be far from simple. But we have the extensive efforts of CASAA in advocating for us to government. We have ECF educating as many people as can be brought here by Google, or by word of mouth, or by links from other sites, or by whatever other means are possible. And we have ourselves, individually spreading the truth about vaping to anyone who doesn't already know it, and calling our representatives whenever we can make a positive difference.

Try as I might, I can't predict the future. But I have faith in us. Faith that we can push hard enough to save this savior of an invention from being banned or regulated away before it can save millions of lives from smoking-related illness and death. Faith that we're strong and united, and that we want what's right. And brothers and sisters, that ain't just blowin' smoke.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
I hope you had a nice Independence Day :)

Picture courtesy of D ick Puddlecote (5 July 2014)

gsyzqcv.jpg

subtitle: Some Americans really don't get the 4th of July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread