Not open for further replies.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Well, the Double Cross Zenith V2 arrived yesterday 9 weeks after ordering it.

I was a little (not a lot, just a little) disappointed. It was the dirtiest atty I've ever received. I don't mean just machine oil, but shavings every where. Bad enough that they interfered with the threads for the cap and the post screws. I run all new atties in the ultrasonic cleaner anyway and that cleaned it up just fine.

But that's when I noticed a tiny ding in the lip of the well and, though it won't affect function, I don't think it should be there. And inside the chamber, there is a mark that looks as if a bit slipped when creating the air holes. Again, just a tiny nit pick and no factor in function. Both blemishes are inside and not visible when assembled.

But here's the bigger problem. The 510 connection threading was just a tad off. I didn't notice it while building it on one of those atty ohm meters - probably because the ohm meter has rather sloppy brass threads to begin with. All but one of my mods have SS 510 connectors, though. It just would not screw onto my Gus Lord mod. I could get it on a ProVari, but it was not smooth at all. I thought about returning it, but . . .

. . . Fortunately, I have a M7 x 0.5 die for fixing 510 threads. Unfortunately, I broke one of my coils while fixing the threads. Ah well, I decided to run with the single 24g 8 wrap 0.48Ω coil.

Flavor is as good as I had hoped, and the AFC is perfect for me. I'm sure the AFC will be at least as good when I put a dual coil in there as well.

While it looks GREAT on the Gus Lord, I just don't think I should have to fix a $100+ dripping atomizer. It is a keeper, though and I hope nobody else runs into this.

lord_zenith.jpg

And yea, this ex squid needs to polish up some bright work.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I couldn't agree with you more BT. For that kind of loot you should expect it to be blemish-free. It kind of plants a seed of doubt in your mind. I'm glad it's working for you so far though. I also keep a M7 x 0.5 die on hand and use it to clean every 510 connector I acquire (before it even gets screwed on a mod). Only exception has been the SM Kayfuns. Those threads arrived perfect. I can only do harm to them by running a die on them. :)

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I'm pretty sure it was while reading one of your posts, General, that I learned which die to get. I munged the threads on a Cyclone while converting it to bottom feed and that die came to the rescue. So THANK YOU!

And yes, authentic Kayfuns literally spin right onto every mod I've tried them on.

Since I've been using BF and tanks for so long, I forgot that top-fed drippers like this tend to leak a bit out the air hole. Maybe I'll try stuffing the well with cotton as I've seen others do. But it's not much deeper than the well on an Igo-W, so . . .

jstjoehere

Jun 1, 2014
Wv, usa
I believe the closest relationship I have in my life right now is with my mailman. He's supposed to be bringing me two packages tomorrow. :blush:

Ha ha anytime I order something and see from tracking its out for delivery I almost hit the mailman with my car meeting hiim at the mailbox lol. Not really but Im watching for him.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I couldn't agree with you more BT. For that kind of loot you should expect it to be blemish-free. It kind of plants a seed of doubt in your mind. I'm glad it's working for you so far though. I also keep a M7 x 0.5 die on hand and use it to clean every 510 connector I acquire (before it even gets screwed on a mod). Only exception has been the SM Kayfuns. Those threads arrived perfect. I can only do harm to them by running a die on them. :)

what did you use to check the threads on the SM with???

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
HHV Summer Sale order, left Georgia June 25 - went off the grid for 12 days. In that 12 days it traveled to Miami June 30 - July 1 and then out to LA on the 2nd and out over the big pond on the 3rd. It's probably here in Thailand now and may hit the mailbox this week! YAY.

Fly Buzzy, fly!!! Find the mailman!

vulture2.jpg Atta boy! Fly!

Calve

Fat Bob Squadron
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2014
Sweet Home Alabama
500 ml more of HHV, I can't remember the flavors. Saw a post by killer I think about cherry bomb so am trying a bottle of that. Worst case I mix it with Pirates Booty.

2 more Magma's, shipped today with some ceramic tweezers and a spare ohm/volt meter gizmo. Not sure what to think about that thing.

1 Gus Lord telescoping mech. Kind of excited about that one. Not really stalking him though, I'm in Idaho and won't be home till weeks end. But when I get home, I'm done buying this junk. This is not, I repeat NOT a hobby. Well, that is until VapinBill tells me about the next latest and greatest.

DAMW

Mar 31, 2014
Ohio
I k ew I had a revisfered piece of mail with a bunxh of stuff I have been waiti g on from fasttech. It was my daughters 21st birthday, and she wanted to fo our to eat. I would not leave this house until he came, worse yet I called my cousin who lives 3 street s over to find out if he had been on her atreet yet. I tink he ate lunch in between tho because it took him like 3 hours to get here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread