Aren't we all a bit obsessed about vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
No more obsessed than discussing optimum stat allocation for peak performance in dungeons. Or debating NA/FI/Nitrous applications for street cars. I've been a member of probably 30+ forums over the years, when I get interested in something I seek out places that have information about them. Forums just happen to be a great avenue for that exact purpose, then again I am obsessive about a lot of things in that way so it feels normal. :p

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
But i find it very interesting that since i started vaping that i somehow had this need to find fellow vapers and talk about it. Haven't had that feeling for years, to be part of something.

Same here - I've been trying very hard to get other people in real life to share this wonderful experience. Like I said somewhere else, smoking is something you did to fulfil an urgent need like drinking a glass of water because you are thirsty. vaping is like savouring a fine wine... you feel the need share it with someone else.

I also never ever attended a demonstration for anything in my life, but today in a couple of hours from now i'll be in Utrecht vaping with other vapers against the ****ty little regulations the EU forces on us vapers. I do this for multiple reasons;

1) i truly hate that whoever says i cannot do/buy/use something *as long i'm not hurting or bother someone else with it*
2) it pisses me off that the elite, may it be a person or the bigger companies use unfair tactics to get whatever they want
3) to meet fellow vapers and talk about... vaping.. :p

:)

I feel exactly the same way - what I do is my business and no one else's Good on you for publicly demonstrating. I'm with you in spirit.

Reactions: Lessifer

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I'm always reading here because it's a form of smoking cessation support for me. I'm still pretty new to vaping (and not smoking) so I need the continual reinforcement to keep from smoking. The only time I feel obsessed with vaping is when anything goes wrong with my set up and I momentarily panic lol.

It was definitely a support system for me as well, when I first quit smoking. Not sure I could have stuck with it without this forum. A little later it was a support system in a different way when I was trying out new gear. I can't imagine being faced with thousands of options and having to figure it out just by buying stuff and trying it out. Don't have that much time, or money. Later on again vaping got to be a hobby and again it's more fun having a community to share it with. Then the corporations and politicians decide to take it all away just as I'm starting to feel like I've broken free at last from the grip of the cigarettes, and ECF is there for support.

So it changes over time. Maybe there will be a time when I don't need ECF any more, but if vaping is still around I would likely still hang around to repay the debt by being there for new vapers.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I wouldn't say I'm obsessed, protective is more like it I think. I could be accused of being obsessed with Reo's and I wouldn't deny it, I own six of them and plan on another. I don't sit and watch tons of videos but I will go to a rally and write letters to those who can and do affect our lives through legislation and I actively defend vaping on social media. I'm not obsessed but...as for vaping in general I'll take a persons head off if I hear formaldehyde or cancer or tobacco in reference to vaping.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I cannot say I am obsessed with vaping. I look for comfort in vaping, which means (along with other things) that I am looking for settings that allow to spend the least possible time on routine vaping needs.
As for now I spend:
Daily: 0.5-1 minute on tank refilling (once or twice a day)
Weekly: 3-5 min on rewicking
Monthly: 10-15 min on recoiling
5 min on base juice solution (nic+PG+VG)
10 min on flavored solutions
5-20 min on cleaning​
Total: 1.5 hours per month, or 6 min per day on average.
Now I am prepared for vapocalypse (4 mods + nic for at least10 years) so no time will be spend for shopping for a long time

So, I do vape but I do not feel any obsession. As for ECF... Now I spend more time on ECF than on all my professional forums combined...

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I obsess over every hobby I touch and vaping is no different. I am pretty into new tech in general and there is always something new in this hobby to keep me interested. The more I learn the less I obsess but I still put a good amount of time into reading, watching videos and playing with my vape toys.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I suppose my better half would consider me obsessed with vaping, but it certainly has become a hobby. I am contemplating an inexpensive bottom-feeder mod, just to try one out, but I don't HAVE to have it. I have a mech mod that I just got recently (and it's mostly a preparation for any sort of "vapocalypse" - I used it a bit when I first got it, but not so much right now.)

I have coiling and juice-making supplies - mostly for the same reason. If I want something (e.g. new juice) I don't have to wait or go to a store - I just make it. If I want to play with building coils, I have plenty of stuff with which to do that.

I write letters when asinine legislation comes to the table (although, I don't feel like anyone reads or cares - they're still going to do what *they* want.... :p )

The biggest result of all this for me is that I haven't smoked a cigarette in almost 15 months. I'm quite sure that my overall health has improved as a result.

So, I come to ECF to see what everyone else is talking about, to offer moral or technical support where I feel it's appropriate, and mostly because I feel like this is somewhat of a family to me....

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Obsessed no, hobbyist yes.
For the first few years of vaping an Ego, it was just about not smoking and saving money, and that was it. But since I got into mods and mechs last year it's gotten significantly more, shall we say, involved. Yes I spend a lot of time and thought fine tuning my builds and mixing new flavours, but no more than anyone with a serious hobby would It's always been like this with humans, since we banging rocks together inside a cave. Having an interest, sharing that interest with others who like the same things and so on.

DoomiteAsh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2014
Amarillo, TX
Yeah, I'd say that I'm obsessed. I started vaping a little over a year ago, just to see what the fuss was all about. Y'all know what happened next, I liked my first setup so I ended up getting an MVP 2 to upgrade. Got a glass tank so I could vape tank cracker juices, and the snowball just kept on growing. Now I've got an MVP 3 and two Subtank minis for my home setup (and a couple mods to choose from to take to work with me). I want to get an MVP 3 Pro for my birthday in a couple months, and then get into dripping. Might even try my hand at DIY juice in the future. I haven't dipped since January, now I get my nic fix by vaping. With all the cool stuff coming out and the people I've met in here, I find it hard to believe that vaping is just a fad. If all the haters would get off our backs, we could prove to them what a great alternative vaping is to using tobacco. I definitely don't plan to stop vaping anytime soon!

Sent from Doomite Central!

Reactions: Lessifer

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
I managed to not be obsessed about vaping for a year when I had no income...then I started working, the mods started getting ordered again, I was once again able to buy my favorite juices and new tanks are sprouting from my desk like weeds....

Frankly, I prefer "obsessed' to the alternative I have already endured. :D

Reactions: DingerCPA

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Obsessed? Ya :) I have 21 mods sitting on my desk, all most 100 different flavourings for DIY
I mix juice build coils, wicks, mods, & buy way too much stuff. I spend way too much time on the site reading all the new post. I want to know about every new mod, Atty, board, BF'er that comes out. If I think I need it I get it usually right away.
I am the definition of Obsessed :) Even with all this I'm still saving a little money compared to smoking and saving my life. Priceless :) I'm Obsessed and I like it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread