Status
Not open for further replies.

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
At my job, some times i have to spend time in close proximity, with people who still smoke analogs. And the analog smoke that they carry on them is plain offensive.

I just want to run in the apposite direction, so the smell (smoke BO) doesnt get on me.

Wish i could tell them to take anti radioactive bath before they interact with the rest of the none smokers in public.

I cant believe thats how i used to smell for so many years. If i knew this 10 years ago, i would have quit smoking 10 years ago.

The smell is is just efin toxic!!

end rant.

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
Maybe you should try to convert them instead of rant on them...

I have played the neutral card and most of the time i get similar answer; " i tried it and i gave up on, it wasnt working for me, i spent $100, i would rather smoke because its easier, etc etc."

Ive heard many excuses, like a judge in traffic court. If they dont want to quit, there should be a company law against smokers.

Several companies started charging extra insurance premium for workers who are over weight. Same thing should be done for smokers.

NIH campus in my area is a smoke free zone. So no one gets to smoke on NIH campus even out doors.

http://tobaccofree.nih.gov/tfpolicy.htm

Effective October 1, 2008, the use of all tobacco products (including cigarettes, cigars, pipes, smokeless tobacco, or other tobacco products) is prohibited at all times:
In all buildings;
On all outside property or grounds, including parking areas.

Last edited:

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
so you want to treat smokers with the same contempt you were treated with as a smoker? I don't understand

I dont know how i was treated as a smoker directly or indirectly. No one stood up and bluntly said anything to me.

As stated above, NIH is one example of taking issue in to their hands against smokers; smell or no smell.

Last edited:

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
Keep in mind the insurance companies that do charge smokers more don't care how you get your nic, if you test pos for nic use they charge you more

I have never heard of such tests. Even when i was a smoker, my insurance premium was the same as the rest of the employees(none smokers). And i never received a direct written notice telling me that im being charged more just because i smoke, even after a full blood work up... which told me that my salt intake was too high.

I do know for a fact, that smokers spend more money and have more frequent doctors visits, do to issues and side effects caused by smoking.

Then again, if im vegan and consume 20lbs for veggies each day, then tests will not be in my favor. Im sure they have a set XYZ Nic level in their tests. Similar levels that are set for people who eat bagels with poppy seeds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicotine

khalidmna

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Liverpool, UK
Sometimes I lose patience with friends, I tried to convert my cousin and he says, "oh but you don't know whats in them..." and then I told him it's just flavouring and PG/VG and he says, "yeah but still...better to be on the safe side" I know he hates the smell and I know deep down he knows ecigs are safer but it's just not gonna work on people who haven't decided to quit

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
At my job, some times i have to spend time in close proximity, with people who still smoke analogs. And the analog smoke that they carry on them is plain offensive.

I just want to run in the apposite direction, so the smell (smoke BO) doesnt get on me.

Wish i could tell them to take anti radioactive bath before they interact with the rest of the none smokers in public.

I cant believe thats how i used to smell for so many years. If i knew this 10 years ago, i would have quit smoking 10 years ago.

The smell is is just efin toxic!!

end rant.

I guess I'm lucky in that I still appreciate the smell of cigarette smoke. Ciggy breath not so much, but I don't let it get to me. I also don't consider it anywhere near to toxic.

I mean think about this for a sec. You're basically saying that you wish someone had told you to take an 'anti-radioactive bath' before you interacted with non-smokers when you were smoking. I don't know about you, but that wouldn't have gone over well with me when I was smoking :blink:

I'm not going to be that guy that who quit smoking and now goes all anti-smoking on people who still do it. That was me for 37 years and I knew I stank, I just didn't think about it too much at the time. I suspect most of us were like that, but that's just my opinion. I just couldn't quit until I got motivated enough and found vaping.

So I respectfully say suck it up buttercup and move on :)

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I know the feeling...My kids don't even like going to their grandparents house because they say it stinks over there. I don't have a strong sense of smelll so it doesn't bother me.

I have been slowly converting my mother...she still smoking but not near as much. My father tried it one time...and that was it. Won't touch it again.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
Haters gotta hate.

having BEEN a smoker I get it..
it's nasty..if there's someone next to us smoking at a stop light..put the windows up.

ridicule? not so much..suggest alternatives (vaping) IF asked...sure.

Pity, understanding and love is what I have for smokers and sure hope they all find vaping. :)

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
here's a thread about mandatory testing/mandatory adversion programs reported by a member in Ohio. California is considering legislation to not charge more for insurance premiums for nicotine users, but other states are codifying the Affordable Care Act to include allowing up to a 50% premium increase for nicotine users.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...n/353887-mandatory-nicotine-testing-work.html

also, to steal from Forbes.com under fair use: "Section 1201 of the Affordable Care Act requires that insurance plans sold to individuals or small companies can only vary their premiums by age (they can charge their eldest customers 3 times what they charge their youngest ones) and by tobacco use (they can charge smokers 1.5 times what they charge non-smokers)." Forbes, 7/13/2013, by Avic Roy (emphasis added)

Bgren99

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
MA
100% unreasonable to complain about smokers when you used to be one. Sorry but I will never suscribe to this thinking. Sure smokers smell like doo doo...but so didn't I when I smoked and I hated listening to people whine about my smoking. Yes I quit smoking, but i vowed never to be an anti smoking douche just becuz I don't do it anymore. When i was a smoker, nobody enraged me more than former smokers who all of a sudden ridiculed smokers becuz they're no longer associated with them. To me that's a character flaw, cuz if you were still a smoker, you would tell somebody with the same view that you have now to F off. Smokers stink, but so do some people whos culture's food makes them stink to me...can I ridicule them also. What if someone thinks your vape smells like dirty feet on exhale, would you accept their ridicule of it or would you say "smells delicious to me". I agree smokers smell horrid now, but leave the ANTZy comments to the ANTZ

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
...What if someone thinks your vape smells like dirty feet on exhale, would you accept their ridicule of it or would you say "smells delicious to me". I agree smokers smell horrid now, but leave the ANTZy comments to the ANTZ

I was vaping a juice from a local B&M, it was chocolate, coconut, and almonds (Almond Joy flavor) and my son smelled the exhaled vapor and started looking to see where the cat had urinated. I didn't think anything about it until I let it steep for about 2 months and when I exhaled it then, it TASTED like cat urine. Nasty! Had to throw that bottle out. Not all juices smell nice when exhaled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread