Arkansas ACT 1235 (SB978) Shuts Down Online Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is the skinny on the Arkansas law...all whole sellers must provide three moral character references, pay a $500.00 permit fee, for each store and each product, possible multiple permit fees, kinda unclear on that one. They can cancel your permit at any time for any reason. I know of one store personally that has closed its doors already, and I imagine more will follow. All you other states best be quit looking at this sb 140 bs and pay attention. Big tobacco just found the blueprint to kill vaping. They are not going to ban it, they are going to price you out.

The law has been in effect for 2 days.. Also, there is only a limited number of wholesale license being granted. Bet you can't guess how many were applied for.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I know I would be leary of paying any permit fees if they can revoke the permit for any reason, real or not

People will just buy from online as usual. There's no way to enforce a ban on sales from other states...
Misses the point brother, these are real people just trying to make a living. Online sales will continue I am sure. But I like to go to stores and interact with people and just b.s. ya know. Someone just lost their job. Someone just lost rent. A city just lost tax revenue.

They have agents hired to intercept. Is what they said anyway.

It says in the law, if someone is caught bringing in vape stuff, they will confiscate the vehicle used, sell it , and give the proceeds to the A.T.C. aka Arkansas Tobacco Control.

Reactions: skoony

Utsuru

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Arkansas, USA
Misses the point brother, these are real people just trying to make a living. Online sales will continue I am sure. But I like to go to stores and interact with people and just b.s. ya know. Someone just lost their job. Someone just lost rent. A city just lost tax revenue.

I like to go to my B&M as well. As far as juice is concerned, their price is the same as online. $12 for a 15ml of Cuttwood for example, they even give you a free bottle of juice after you buy eight 15ml bottles. However I can't see myself paying their price for certain hardware. $150 for an IPV 4? You can get it for almost half that online. A 5-pack of Nautilus Mini coils was $20, double that of the online price. I'm just not going to do it. I'll acquire things from online by other means, you're not going to see me defeated so easily. Vaping isn't done in Arkansas, it just became a bit less convenient. It should still be perfectly legal for me to order "gifts" for someone online and shipped to them which in turn will be re-gifted back to me. ;)

I hope this is the case.

I like to go to my B&M as well. As far as juice is concerned, their price is the same as online. $12 for a 15ml of Cuttwood for example, they even give you a free bottle of juice after you buy eight 15ml bottles. However I can't see myself paying their price for certain hardware. $150 for an IPV 4? You can get it for almost half that online. A 5-pack of Nautilus Mini coils was $20, double that of the online price. I'm just not going to do it. I'll acquire things from online by other means, you're not going to see me defeated so easily. Vaping isn't done in Arkansas, it just became a bit less convenient. It should still be perfectly legal for me to order "gifts" for someone online and shipped to them which in turn will be re-gifted back to me. ;)

I hope this is the case.
OK ,I do see your point. As an experienced vapor, you know your options. A question however. When you decided to get off the stinkies, did you get your first ego off the internet, or did you go to a vape store?

Utsuru

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Arkansas, USA
OK ,I do see your point. As an experienced vapor, you know your options. A question however. When you decided to get off the stinkies, did you get your first ego off the internet, or did you go to a vape store?

In 2013 I got a C-twist and a protank online but was unsuccessful quitting due to breaking the tank and had no backup. In May of this year I got my MVP 2 online, it works perfect with my Nautilus Mini, vaping it now actually. I use it more than my IPV mini 2 and one of my two RDAs strangely enough.

Edit: the Nautilus was bought at my B&M for $35, $10 more than online. I wanted it then and there as well as to be sure it included the new cotton coils.

In 2013 I got a C-twist and a protank online but was unsuccessful quitting due to breaking the tank and had no backup. In May of this year I got my MVP 2 online, it works perfect with my Nautilus Mini, vaping it now actually. I use it more than my IPV mini 2 and one of my two RDAs strangely enough.

Edit: the Nautilus was bought at my B&M for $35, $10 more than online. I wanted it then and there as well as to be sure it included the new cotton coils.
Cool. The only point that I make is that a lot of people who want to quit cigs usually end up at a b&m. I work at one and see it on a daily basis. Now those same people who want to quit have another obstacle in their way. I think that kinda sucks. I hope that people continue to quit in Arkansas, I truly do, and I know that there are too many of us to get rid of it entirely. But this is the beginning of the legislation, not the end. We still have the fda to contend with. And if anyone out there likes their nicotine, and that is what is keeping them smoke free, what we gonna do if they label nicotine a controlled substance and ban the sale of it?

Reactions: YoursTruli

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Hardware does not apply

You're not the first person to say that, I'm just not sure where it's coming from. The law itself has a very detailed description of "vapor product" which seems to cover hardware surprisingly well, and I didn't see anything in the law saying that hardware is excluded. Someone mentioned they were told verbally that hardware wasn't included, but that's not what the law seems to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread