Aromamizer Single Coil Set-up With a TWIST

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
I was messing around with my Aromamizer a while back and discovered a cool way to do a single coil set-up without building between the posts on the velocity deck ,this will also work with the velocity rda and mini and some other rda's with velocity style build decks, that do not have airflow holes under the normal coil positions.

mod 1.jpg

The pos center pin post needs to be removed , and comes out pretty easy
mod 2.jpg

The way i did this without damaging the post itself or the center pin screw or threads

Take out ie undo the center pin screw from the base of the atty and use the blunt end of a 3mm drill bit which is a snug fit in the insulator bush and gently tap out the post .

drill bit size it pretty critical as to big and you may damage the insulator bush and too small and you could damage the threaded screw hole.

ITS PRETTY EASY BUT YOU ARE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK .
mod 3.jpg

In the above pic you can see a small silicone shim ,i cut from a piece of tube its only thin so it is held in place when post is replaced .
The extra hole i added is only realy needed if you want to run large coils and higher wattage. it helps as two of the normal holes are now blanked off .
The reason for blanking the two holes is so there is no need to try and cover them with wick to save flooding issues.
mod 4.jpg
mod 5.jpg

above pic shows all the juice holes used an unused the extra drilled juice hole can be covered by silicone shim if you decide to revert back to dual coil mode.
mod 6.jpg

for air flow you will now use two air holes next to each other rather than opposite and the air will hit the coil from both directions ie 45 degrees apart.
this is done with a hole punch and any old spare vape band you have to hand.
mod 8.jpg

here are a couple of pics to show what is now poss with the extra room on the deck
mod 9.jpg
mod 10.jpg

this is what i have been using for the past week or two and its flawless not a dry hit .

findings so far are less juice consumption and less battery drain due to single coil mode .

The main reason for this long post and explanation is i have searched the web and seems no one has done this yet to this atty and thought i would just put it out there so you can have more build options and make a great atty even more versatile.

please let me know what you think of this and show your builds not if but when you decide to try this config out

like i say if you go full on and drill the extra hole it can be covered with silicone shim when you put it back to normal mode

REMEMBER you saw it here first.

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
Thank You all

Just wanted to share my findings big coils and thick wicks are pretty cool and loads of vapor etc.

I realy just wanted share the single coil aspect of this type of deck , i have built between the posts horizontal and vertical but you are limited to the gap between the posts .

swing one of the posts around and out of the way and it frees up more space for a single coil build.

The idea came to me after watching a review for the latest Hobo RDA which has a movable post .

Have not seen any fancy builds yet with this style post configuration as the above mentioned RDA has not been out that long either .

The air flow works pretty well with the Aromamizer when using two holes beside each other as it covers most of the coil . There is still a portion to the rear that does not get any direct air, but the vapor production is good and the rear side will gunk a little quicker which is expected due to slight lack of direct air .

Its not the perfect solution I know but it is a good work around if you like this atty and want to run a single coil.

please keep the comments coming and any ideas on better tweaks etc are welcome .

Reactions: KayP

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
I was messing around with my Aromamizer a while back and discovered a cool way to do a single coil set-up without building between the posts on the velocity deck ,this will also work with the velocity RDA and mini and some other RDA's with velocity style build decks, that do not have airflow holes under the normal coil positions.

View attachment 539345
The pos center pin post needs to be removed , and comes out pretty easy
View attachment 539346
The way i did this without damaging the post itself or the center pin screw or threads

Take out ie undo the center pin screw from the base of the atty and use the blunt end of a 3mm drill bit which is a snug fit in the insulator bush and gently tap out the post .

drill bit size it pretty critical as to big and you may damage the insulator bush and too small and you could damage the threaded screw hole.

ITS PRETTY EASY BUT YOU ARE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK .
View attachment 539359
In the above pic you can see a small silicone shim ,i cut from a piece of tube its only thin so it is held in place when post is replaced .
The extra hole i added is only realy needed if you want to run large coils and higher wattage. it helps as two of the normal holes are now blanked off .
The reason for blanking the two holes is so there is no need to try and cover them with wick to save flooding issues. View attachment 539378 View attachment 539379
above pic shows all the juice holes used an unused the extra drilled juice hole can be covered by silicone shim if you decide to revert back to dual coil mode.
View attachment 539381
for air flow you will now use two air holes next to each other rather than opposite and the air will hit the coil from both directions ie 45 degrees apart.
this is done with a hole punch and any old spare vape band you have to hand. View attachment 539382
here are a couple of pics to show what is now poss with the extra room on the deck View attachment 539383 View attachment 539384
this is what i have been using for the past week or two and its flawless not a dry hit .

findings so far are less juice consumption and less battery drain due to single coil mode .

The main reason for this long post and explanation is i have searched the web and seems no one has done this yet to this atty and thought i would just put it out there so you can have more build options and make a great atty even more versatile.

please let me know what you think of this and show your builds not if but when you decide to try this config out

like i say if you go full on and drill the extra hole it can be covered with silicone shim when you put it back to normal mode

REMEMBER you saw it here first.
what if you dont block off juice holes?

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
what if you dont block off juice holes?

when i first tried it without blocking off the almost covered juice holes under the post .

i had the 6mm id vertical coil in it and the wick was sucking the juice up so fast i could almost count the draws it took to drain the first tank it was basicaly flooding and the wick was almost keeping up, it was throwing some serious vapor .

If you realy wanted to mess with the wick and make sure it was tucked around and under the post you could prob get away with them left open .

It seemed more sense to block them and add the extra one which is better positioned to feed the wick.

It wicks ok on a small coil and lower power with just the two original holes . and two blocked

If you want to ramp up the power and use larger coils it does need the new hole added .or finness ya wick around and under the post . as two holes only will struggle to feed a thirsty coil .

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
I thought this would have had a lot more response as i read so many posts with users looking for single coil options on RTA's & RDA's and this also works with the velocity RDA and some others with velocity style decks.

maybe one of the mods could move this thread to the RTA section or rebuild section .

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
Wow

Well done man very good

Maybe you should get in touch with steam crave and give them some great fee back to show them tanks can be more

I dont think they realy interested as they get lots of people mail them with ideas etc .

All they would need to do is add the extra juice hole and a blanking shim to the kit and it would be so much more versatile for dual and single coils .

I have been vaping mine for a while now in this config and its got plenty of flavor and vapor .

I hope there are a few of you out there willing to try this and chime back in after with your thoughts on the flavor and vapor .

you dont need to do the huge 6mm id coil as that was just a lets see if it fits and how it vapes thing , it did vape realy good tho.

3.5mm and larger id's are working realy well and bigger coils means thicker wicks ,building just get easier and easier.

same wicking method as with duals cut lower section of wick level with edge of base then fluff it out and gently tuck it in lightly. DO NOT STUFF ,RAM, OR PACK IT IN TO TIGHT .

Reactions: reeftivo

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
I dont think they realy interested as they get lots of people mail them with ideas etc .

All they would need to do is add the extra juice hole and a blanking shim to the kit and it would be so much more versatile for dual and single coils .

I have been vaping mine for a while now in this config and its got plenty of flavor and vapor .

I hope there are a few of you out there willing to try this and chime back in after with your thoughts on the flavor and vapor .

you dont need to do the huge 6mm id coil as that was just a lets see if it fits and how it vapes thing , it did vape realy good tho.:thumbs:

3.5mm and larger id's are working realy well and bigger coils means thicker wicks ,building just get easier and easier.

same wicking method as with duals cut lower section of wick level with edge of base then fluff it out and gently tuck it in lightly. DO NOT STUFF ,RAM, OR PACK IT IN TO TIGHT .
I got a 3ml off them for beta testing and I'm just a regular vapour

You got a mind to play with .... you should get my free tank :thumbs:

Reactions: gadgetkeith

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
I got a 3ml off them for beta testing and I'm just a regular vapour

You got a mind to play with .... you should get my free tank :thumbs:

Well if ya wanna chuck it in this direction im good with that LOL

It would be great to try stuff out before release i am all for that and posting tips and tricks to help each other out is what its all about on these forums.

I did have 2 of the originals but a friend kinda stole my spare so i will need to get another as the one i have left is now staying in single coil mode as its just to good .

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
Please email steam crave because my friend owns 7 aromamisers they gave him two supremes to test

I mailed them and they said they had posted out there 3000 units for testing

We don't need to have a million YouTube subscribers to get these things

We are all vapours with all kids of knowledge

Reactions: gadgetkeith

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
Please email steam crave because my friend owns 7 aromamisers they gave him two supremes to test

I mailed them and they said they had posted out there 3000 units for testing

We don't need to have a million YouTube subscribers to get these things

We are all vapours with all kids of knowledge

ok email sent

would be nice to test some new stuff out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread