As We Enter Fall... What's topping your list right now??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaya

ECF Veteran
Curious to see what all the other gennyist die-hards out there are finding to be their recurrent, go-to genesis atomizers/hybrids as we enter Fall 2016. This could include old stand-bys or current blockbusters. Let's say we'll list our top five, preferably in order of preference if you can stand to make the distinction!

For me, it's got to be:

1.) The Nextasis by VapeWareMods. I use mine in 30mm mode on top of my Jemit Maximuses on the daily and they are simply superb.
2.) The Nextiny by VapeWareMods (and to be more specific, since getting a Nextiny Collector's Edition, I've been using that over the standard Nextiny in 30mm, 5mL capacity mode with the 4-way airflow atop a 26650 iHybrid alumabronze trinity with 316L SS wire... flipping fabulous).
3.) Since getting it setup properly, Athea mods' In'Ax MKIII (in all three of its modes, and on various devices) has been a consistent winner for me. Definitely something I bring to work all the time, and probably go through about nine tanks a day given its somewhat limited capacity in non-28.5mm mode. It just makes things delicious!
4.) Norbert's good ol' Origenny v2 MKII 6mL is my friend. And it shows.
5.) A surprising re-entry into the fold, the 26650 iHybrid Beast unified dual coil hybrid has been absolutely blowing me away after months of non-use. Some days, I argue I prefer to use it over the aforementioned VWM atties, and that's really saying something.

OK... your turn!!

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Great list mate...For me its got to be these..

1.) The Rocket Science 18500 Hybrid Genesis .. small simple to build and great taste on it. Its my most of the day vape at the moment.
Equal 1.) Rocket Science Rocket R Genesis. Since i re-wicked it with SS Rope its been vaping superbly, build quality out of this world, and I use it every day.
3.) NextGen. Another superb Genesis atty, and again one that i use every day, but I think slightly edged out by the Rsm Gennys at the moment.
4.) In'Ax MkIIR. again an excellent Genesis atomizer, with great taste and vapor production. Used every day, especially as i now have a threaded center post and have managed to dump those bloody awful grip sticks.
5.) MCR 303 Genesis atty. Again superb quality atomizer, that's easy to build again and gives a great vape with its tiny chamber, and easy fill etc. and absolutely not a single drip of leakage, Again I use this every day.

The order above is subject to change depending exactly what kind of vape i want at the time!! For example the MCR 303 is just so smooth a vape, never changes and I love these attys. Both Rocket Science setups are superb, and i interchange them as i want and they both vape so damn well. The In'Ax is a great tasting vape, and much easier to set up with that threaded post now..The nextGen, well its a nextgen! so it vapes as you would expect one of these to vape, superbly. By the way, I tend now to only use a Mech Mod, virtually stopped using variable wattage devices at all, except for my Tan Dna40. Most of these are used on a 26650 Black Oak which is superb or a Tesla Stealth ( also superb) for a carry round mod.
They are all Genesis Setups as i love the way they taste, and the overall build quality and ease of building. And with all these tanks, no leaks at all.. no matter how you lay them down or carry them.. Very happy with these five attys, but you never stop looking do you!:D

Reactions: 300fury

300fury

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2013
Rochester mn usa
Ok I will weigh in, but I have an incomplete list. I recently streamlined my vaping habits

1. Origen mkll 4 ml on my pico, small form factor, nice capacity, stealthy and sexy!!!
2. Origen mkll 6 ml, larger capacity but I still prefer the 4 ml
3. Origen dripper v3 on my reo grand. Although technically not a genny it is a vertical coil mesh setup( is there any other way.... No not in my mind)
I believe the lesson to be learned here is that Norbert has monopolized my vaping !!! Lol

Reactions: Taff Evans

300fury

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2013
Rochester mn usa
Just to clarify , all my gear is authentic. Nothing against clones, but in the past I have had so many hits and misses with quality that I don't bother purchasing clones . Vaping to me is an investment and hobby. These companies come up with great designs and I intend to support them so they can afford to continue making innovative and quality pieces

Vaya

ECF Veteran
Aye, my stuff's authentic too. I played around with clones for years, but made an official departure from using, owning or affiliating with anything cloned about 18 months ago and I gotta say.... NO regrets, man. I'm an aesthetics guy - If I like the look of something, I really want it (remember when the Stingray-X first came out? LOL I was drooling all over myself) but these days having something look tight but be falling apart internally just wont fly. Any, and every, thing I deal with now is authentic and I'm happy that way.

Xavier_Ninnis

Sep 24, 2012
PDX
Over fifty percent of the time I hit an Origen V2 MKII (6ml)
the rest of my vaping is pretty much divided equally among an In'Ax MkIIr, an In’Ax Mk III and a couple of stainless steel Kraken V2s–the Krakens are great for the tank eating (or in the In'Ax's case, o-ring eating) cinnamon that I crave once in a while.
All I've found to be ridiculously easy to set up (after many trials I much prefer going with a single coil) and deliver as much flavor as I could wish.

Vaya

ECF Veteran
Over fifty percent of the time I hit an Origen V2 MKII (6ml)
the rest of my vaping is pretty much divided equally among an In'Ax MkIIr, an In’Ax Mk III and a couple of stainless steel Kraken V2s–the Krakens are great for the tank eating (or in the In'Ax's case, o-ring eating) cinnamon that I crave once in a while.
All I've found to be ridiculously easy to set up (after many trials I much prefer going with a single coil) and deliver as much flavor as I could wish.

Arent the Kraken v2's only available with single coil heads? I had a 2.5 and I didnt see any location where one could install a secondary, or even a dual stacked, coil head in there... unless you're actually referring to the v1 'true genesis' Krakens?

aarcoleo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2014
Chicago Il
Hi All, just getting back into genny's again after a long absence. Need some advise from the expert team. Using a Origen V2 MK II. The first tank or two has superb, clean flavor, then, afterwords the juice darkens and flavor quality seriously degrades and starts to taste like burnt mesh. Tried various brands of mesh including Zivipf, wrapped with Temco 29 ga kanthal. About 1.1 in resistance. Mesh is oxidized from top to bottom and coils always have an even glow, so no hot spots. Rolling a straw wick. Should only the top 1/3 of the wick be oxidized or is there a better remedy. Thanks all for your feedback!

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Some people say that you should only oxidize the top part of the wick where the coil sits..
I don't agree. I always oxidize all the wick and burn off some juice on it before i install it on the atty.

My advice for you is to empty out the tank and wash it out. While you are doing that, rinse the coil (in Situ) and get the juice off it. Then fire the coil until its glowing brightly, blowing on it if you have to to get rid of the juice stored in the wick under it. Then while the coil is glowing hot, stick it under a running tap do this a couple of times and the wick and coil should now be clean. If you have to, use a toothbrush and GENTLY rub any deposits off the coil and wick.

Thats all i do to clean my wick and coils. Its also handy to check that you aren't getting any hot spots in your coil now, if its glowing evenly its ok. if not, give it a little fettling to make sure you have no hot spots. Sounds like you may have some mate, worth checking anyway.

You don't need to take the coil and wick apart, just wash them under a running tap.

Anyway mate...Hope this helps, as its a lot easier than re-wicking and re-coiling. I hardly ever do mine, just rinse em off and keep on vaping.

Cheers!

Vaya

ECF Veteran
Hi All, just getting back into genny's again after a long absence. Need some advise from the expert team. Using a Origen V2 MK II. The first tank or two has superb, clean flavor, then, afterwords the juice darkens and flavor quality seriously degrades and starts to taste like burnt mesh. Tried various brands of mesh including Zivipf, wrapped with Temco 29 ga kanthal. About 1.1 in resistance. Mesh is oxidized from top to bottom and coils always have an even glow, so no hot spots. Rolling a straw wick. Should only the top 1/3 of the wick be oxidized or is there a better remedy. Thanks all for your feedback!

You can try a few things. As mentioned above, try refraining from oxidizing the lower 2/3 of the wick. I've found that sometimes this can help. Additionally, you can make the full wick length using SS cable, and only 'sleeve' the upper third of the wick with oxidized mesh.

Other times - in fact, i find this to most often be the case - it's simply the ingredients (usually the flavorings, specifically) in a juice that cause it to darken when exposed to heat. More often than not, these are 'buttery/confectionary' flavored liquids - caramels, chocolates, cakey flavors, frostings - and raising the resistance of the coil so fewer watts are required can help your issue. 1.1 is already a fairly high ohm, but you might try as high as 1.5 for a comparable, yet less heat-inducing, setup.

Lastly, I have a friend who absolutely swears by making the wick A.) with SS cable AND B.) making it only 1/3rd the total length of a standard wick, most often using 1/16" cable and not many revolutions of mesh. His claim is that any heating of the coil will cause the entire wick, being made of metal and thus conductive, to conduct heat - and the lower 2/3rds of the coil, when the wick is made to wick quickly enough, functions simply to conduct heat from the activated coil needlessly (i.e. without affecting vapor production up at the top) and causing premature heating of the juice down in the tank. He claims to never have juice-darkening issues. I've tried it, and with a natural hand-tilt that would otherwise be required anyway, it can and does work wonders. I, however, prefer to have wicking be a constant and round-the-clock process, which occurs with a longer wick extending more deeply into the juice and being constantly exposed to it. Since switching 100% to gennies, however, I found that 'cotton-friendly juices' (i.e. the types listed above) fell out of favor and became less and less a part of my running routine. As a consequence, even with a full wick, I no longer ever experience darkening of the juice except with two of the juices that I still love out of a genesis atomizer (Mad Murdock's 'Glowing Streetlight' and his as-yet-unreleased 'Test 45').

Your final option is to be religious about dry-burning the coil after every tank, or every-other tank at least, of juice. Since most darkening of the liquid that isnt caused by A.) native ingredients or B.) some form of premature heating is caused, or at least significantly affected by, resinous gunky buildup from up-top, this can eliminate the source of your issue. This is often the culprit when small dark specks can also be found drifting or sedentary at the bottom of the darkened tank of liquid after several refills.

Hope this helps!

~ J

Reactions: Taff Evans

aarcoleo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2014
Chicago Il
You can try a few things. As mentioned above, try refraining from oxidizing the lower 2/3 of the wick. I've found that sometimes this can help. Additionally, you can make the full wick length using SS cable, and only 'sleeve' the upper third of the wick with oxidized mesh.

Other times - in fact, i find this to most often be the case - it's simply the ingredients (usually the flavorings, specifically) in a juice that cause it to darken when exposed to heat. More often than not, these are 'buttery/confectionary' flavored liquids - caramels, chocolates, cakey flavors, frostings - and raising the resistance of the coil so fewer watts are required can help your issue. 1.1 is already a fairly high ohm, but you might try as high as 1.5 for a comparable, yet less heat-inducing, setup.

Lastly, I have a friend who absolutely swears by making the wick A.) with SS cable AND B.) making it only 1/3rd the total length of a standard wick, most often using 1/16" cable and not many revolutions of mesh. His claim is that any heating of the coil will cause the entire wick, being made of metal and thus conductive, to conduct heat - and the lower 2/3rds of the coil, when the wick is made to wick quickly enough, functions simply to conduct heat from the activated coil needlessly (i.e. without affecting vapor production up at the top) and causing premature heating of the juice down in the tank. He claims to never have juice-darkening issues. I've tried it, and with a natural hand-tilt that would otherwise be required anyway, it can and does work wonders. I, however, prefer to have wicking be a constant and round-the-clock process, which occurs with a longer wick extending more deeply into the juice and being constantly exposed to it. Since switching 100% to gennies, however, I found that 'cotton-friendly juices' (i.e. the types listed above) fell out of favor and became less and less a part of my running routine. As a consequence, even with a full wick, I no longer ever experience darkening of the juice except with two of the juices that I still love out of a genesis atomizer (Mad Murdock's 'Glowing Streetlight' and his as-yet-unreleased 'Test 45').

Your final option is to be religious about dry-burning the coil after every tank, or every-other tank at least, of juice. Since most darkening of the liquid that isnt caused by A.) native ingredients or B.) some form of premature heating is caused, or at least significantly affected by, resinous gunky buildup from up-top, this can eliminate the source of your issue. This is often the culprit when small dark specks can also be found drifting or sedentary at the bottom of the darkened tank of liquid after several refills.

Hope this helps!

~ J
Thank You Vaya for the comprehensive explanations. As the "genny" vape is superior, it certainly seems prudent to tweek the mechcanics to perfection. I'll get started with a higher resistance as I also noticed the viscosity breaks down to a more watery consistancy, most likely caused by excess heat.
Thanks again and enjoy your VWM goodies!!

Reactions: Vaya

Vaya

ECF Veteran
Thank You Vaya for the comprehensive explanations. As the "genny" vape is superior, it certainly seems prudent to tweek the mechcanics to perfection. I'll get started with a higher resistance as I also noticed the viscosity breaks down to a more watery consistancy, most likely caused by excess heat.
Thanks again and enjoy your VWM goodies!!

no problem, and thanks :)
Out of curiosity, what is/are the juice(s) you're experiencing the issue with?

Vaya

ECF Veteran
Good call mate. Will be trying something different today. Is the same true for the Nextasis? Have one sitting in the box that I havn't gotten to yet.

Again, it'd dependent on a lot of factors, but everything I've written already is generally applicable to most any genesis-style device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread