Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Hi over the last few years I have accumulated a bunch of mech tubes (clones and reals), for one, some rba's and some regulated boxes, I've not been able to sell.
Some pretty high end gear, some cheap but good clones, and it is never going to be used.
Some questions:
1. If i am giving away some pretty pricey stuff, do I have to pay shipping?

2. Some of the mech tubes need maintenance, and some RBA's require more than a newb experience to setup, fixup whatever, i was hoping someone who needed would know what to do with them... can I stipulate that?

3. I wish I could just PIF groups of things; like used Mech tube devices, used RBA's, that someone could clean up, and use or pass on... can we just make a box of gear and PIF in one shot?

4. Do i have to post a photo of everything?

Thanks,
Uke

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
Hi over the last few years I have accumulated a bunch of mech tubes (clones and reals), for one, some RBA's and some regulated boxes, I've not been able to sell.
Some pretty high end gear, some cheap but good clones, and it is never going to be used.
Some questions:
1. If i am giving away some pretty pricey stuff, do I have to pay shipping?

2. Some of the mech tubes need maintenance, and some RBA's require more than a newb experience to setup, fixup whatever, i was hoping someone who needed would know what to do with them... can I stipulate that?

3. I wish I could just PIF groups of things; like used Mech tube devices, used RBA's, that someone could clean up, and use or pass on... can we just make a box of gear and PIF in one shot?

4. Do i have to post a photo of everything?

Thanks,
Uke

I'm assuming you mean you'd like to give away stuff in the treasure chest thread (the actual pif thread can't have stipulations and must follow rules in the first post of that thread - and this would exceed swap thread limits)

1 - yes you pay shipping. ECF prohibits money exchanging hands in pif or anywhere outside the classifieds.
2 - you can place any stipulation you'd like - as long as it doesn't violate any ECF or pif rules. It's your stuff - If you want them to go to someone wearing bunny ears and fuzzy slippers - you can stipulate that ;)
3 - if that's what you'd like to do pm me - we can work it out
4 - you don't need any pictures.

Welcome to pif :)

olscratchy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
Graham, N.C.,United States
I have some juice new bottles that were won from madvapes in a pif contest that my cousin didnt want, He gave them back to me & I figured since it was a pif Id keep in the spirit + nobody took them in trade... lol
Should I just post in treasure chest?
I also have a few open bottles that I dont like, are they ok to pif?

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
Hurhmmmm .. I haven't been around in three years and the new(er) PIF(s) are a bit confusing to me. A few questions if you will:
  • Is there a 'summary' of the PIFs in a sticky I am missing?
  • Is there still a PIF where you can just offer up something without accepting anything?
  • How is the 'value' determined that requires something go into ECF Classifieds?
    • This I ask specifically because I have two Delta II tanks and two Lemo 2 tanks that retail higher than $35 but aren't worth the trouble of trying to manage a sale or trade with my schedule.
  • Do PIF feedbacks go into ECF new (to me) feedback scores?
Thanks! -Mags

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Hi, Magnus, welcome back. It's always nice to see someone interested in PIFing to others. :)

• There is a PIF Rules Summary thread, but each PIF thread gives a detailed explanation of the rules and guidelines in the first post.
  • You can give away any items you choose without accepting anything in return in the PIF Group Treasure Chest thread. There are no upper or lower value restrictions. You could give away your tanks or other items there
  • Our PIF Small Items Swap thread has an upper limit of $35 value per swap. The value of an item doesn't necessarily mean the original retail price. Vape gear, like most other things, decreases in value depending on condition, age and use. Your tanks most likely would qualify for that thread as well.
  • PIF feedback does not go into ECF feedback scores which are for Classified feedback only. Positive PIF feedback goes here: PIF Positive Feedback and negative feedback goes here: PIF Negative Feedback
I hope this information helps, but if you have any other questions please feel free to ask. If you get a chance make sure to check out some of our other threads.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
  • Useful
Reactions: NatashaTMT

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
@Tinkiegrrl, giving away items in the Treasure Chest doesn't have the same restriction against clones that applies to the Classifieds here on ECF. No money is allowed to change hands in PIF, so you must pay postage on items sent. Please feel free to post to the Treasure Chest and give away any gear you have that you no longer need or want. It is very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread