Ask IMAGINE & S_Steve - Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2012
WI
I know SI may not like this answer. But the iClear 16 heads for the 510 version will fit on the SI/808 version. So if you are in a bind you can order from someone else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thanks, that is helpful. I have been waiting for weeks and could really use a few of them.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    So I am gonna jump right in and say I am going to place a fairly large order soon. I plan on getting a couple each of X2's, Spinners, and MVP's. Finally getting some back ups and back ups for my back ups.:D(really its for both me and my fiance:oops:) I had a question regarding charging the MVP and Spinners.

Is it better to use the 1.5A wall charger or regular one?

marlou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 29, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Steve,

I just charged one of my Spinners and it was slightly warm when I took it off the charger. It works but I'd like to know if I should be using it or not. The battery is pretty new, purchased on May 23, so it shouldn't be worn out yet.

A few weeks ago another Spinner got very warm when charged. It wasn't hot but felt pretty warm. Much warmer than this last one did. I don't know the exact age but it's fairly old. It still works but I put it aside and stopped using it.

I've read conflicting opinions about whether or not they are safe to use. So, could you tell me what the facts are regarding batteries that get warm or very warm when charged? I don't want to use unsafe batteries, but would sure hate to dispose of them if they're okay to use.

marlou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 29, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Steve,

I just charged one of my Spinners and it was slightly warm when I took it off the charger. It works but I'd like to know if I should be using it or not. The battery is pretty new, purchased on May 23, so it shouldn't be worn out yet.

A few weeks ago another Spinner got very warm when charged. It wasn't hot but felt pretty warm. Much warmer than this last one did. I don't know the exact age but it's fairly old. It still works but I put it aside and stopped using it.

I've read conflicting opinions about whether or not they are safe to use. So, could you tell me what the facts are regarding batteries that get warm or very warm when charged? I don't want to use unsafe batteries, but would sure hate to dispose of them if they're okay to use.

Steve

or

Imagine

Let me know if you have an answer so I'll know if I need to look elsewhere for the information.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    Marlou, I saw your first post and didn't want to get into the mix, but....

Do you have more than one charger for your Spinners? Is the warming limited to one or two specific Spinners, assuming you have more than the two you mentioned?

If they are getting warm warm or even hot, it would indicate over current during charging. To be safe in the mean time, put them in a metal pot while charging them, just in case of a catastrophic failure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread