Ask The Chemist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samet

Jan 23, 2017
I hope everyone is doing well. Any new questions floating around in peoples minds that I may be able to answer?

Hello joshua, I'm from turkey. I need your knowledge about nicotine for a vape. It's hard to find nic in turkey and there is only one retailer I can buy from, can you tell me, is this right nicotine for a eliquid?

3f473fd53d3b44ad1e9a2a6c282184fb.jpg

4d20e024d29578d78eb051d0a3e53239.jpg

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Hello joshua, I'm from turkey. I need your knowledge about nicotine for a vape. It's hard to find nic in turkey and there is only one retailer I can buy from, can you tell me, is this right nicotine for a eliquid?

3f473fd53d3b44ad1e9a2a6c282184fb.jpg

4d20e024d29578d78eb051d0a3e53239.jpg

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi
Hi!

Yes, the (-) in front of the nicotine is the correct enantiomer of nicotine.

kennybo

Mar 2, 2016
Texas
I hope everyone is doing well. Any new questions floating around in peoples minds that I may be able to answer?

Hello, I just bought some ejuice on sale but all they had was 0 Nic. What can I do to add Nic without changing the flavor. I thought I would buy some at 6% (reg. price) and mix it 50/50 making it 3%. Or is there a better/less expensive way.

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Hello, I just bought some ejuice on sale but all they had was 0 Nic. What can I do to add Nic without changing the flavor. I thought I would buy some at 6% (reg. price) and mix it 50/50 making it 3%. Or is there a better/less expensive way.
Hi there Kenny, so a couple of things.
1) I want to clarify this for anyone that reads this thread. This is a common problem in this industry, but people commonly say 3% (meaning 3 mg), but 3 mg is 0.3%
2) The higher starting nic strength, the less you need to add. Therefore less dilution of the flavor. For Example: If you are using a 60 mg nic base and making 30 mL, you would need to add 1.5 mL of the 60 to achieve 3 mg. If you start with a 100 mg nic base, you only need to add 0.9 mL to make 30 mL of 3 mg.

kennybo

Mar 2, 2016
Texas
Hi there Kenny, so a couple of things.
1) I want to clarify this for anyone that reads this thread. This is a common problem in this industry, but people commonly say 3% (meaning 3 mg), but 3 mg is 0.3%
2) The higher starting nic strength, the less you need to add. Therefore less dilution of the flavor. For Example: If you are using a 60 mg nic base and making 30 mL, you would need to add 1.5 mL of the 60 to achieve 3 mg. If you start with a 100 mg nic base, you only need to add 0.9 mL to make 30 mL of 3 mg.
Thanks, that explains a lot. I was looking at online stores that sold Nicotine but I didn't understand what was meant by 60 or 100.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Thanks, that explains a lot. I was looking at online stores that sold Nicotine but I didn't understand what was meant by 60 or 100.
once you do what VC said, you'll see how easy DIY is and might decide to start making some juice. I mostly use recipes that other people have figured out already that are really good. The combo of flavors is the only tricky part. I figure there are tons of folks who are more than willing to share recipes, so why reinvent the wheel. lol

kennybo

Mar 2, 2016
Texas
once you do what VC said, you'll see how easy DIY is and might decide to start making some juice. I mostly use recipes that other people have figured out already that are really good. The combo of flavors is the only tricky part. I figure there are tons of folks who are more than willing to share recipes, so why reinvent the wheel. lol
I have thought about DIY. I'm retire from a candy co. where I batched flavors for 27 years. It just so convenient to order and pour.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I have thought about DIY. I'm retire from a candy co. where I batched flavors for 27 years. It just so convenient to order and pour.
oh kewl! You should have no problems then. It's so easy, and you can make really good juice for 5 cents / ml or even less sometimes. You should give it a try.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I diy and it saves tons of money, once you find a mix you like that is.
There are a lot of YouTube videos on diy. DIYORDIE and fresh03 are several I check out for recipes etc..
Main reason I bring this up is The Vapor Chronicles just paired with fresh03 to do a beginner diy show on Mondays (fresh from the kitchen). They can be a little crude but literally start with what you need etc... Might be worth a view.

The_Vapin_Chemist

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
I think he is planning to purchase that for DIY, but isn't that pure nicotine and extremely dangerous to handle?
Yes, it is pure. Nicotine is very dangerous, if not handled properly. As I told him in a PM, I cannot advise any individual to buy pure nicotine. However, if someone were to ignore this advice, please do A LOT of reading on safety and what is needed to handle it as safely as possible.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Yes, it is pure. Nicotine is very dangerous, if not handled properly. As I told him in a PM, I cannot advise any individual to buy pure nicotine. However, if someone were to ignore this advice, please do A LOT of reading on safety and what is needed to handle it as safely as possible.

Like, using ONLY the equipment normally available in a Laboratory?

Samet

Jan 23, 2017
    Like, using ONLY the equipment normally available in a Laboratory?
    Yes, I will follow your advise, I'm aware of the danger, for now I'm not interested to buy purenic. I'm trying to buy nicbase (36,48mg) from germany, if I can, there will be no problem. But if I have to take purenic, I have to open laboratory :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread