Status
Not open for further replies.

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
Here's one for the oldies. How do the generic KR808D batteries stack up to the Vapor King? I've had mine for about three weeks now and I love the thing. I'm planning on getting my dad a kit to try them out, but he's a longtime smoker and I'm not sure if he'll take to it or not. I'm considering getting him a cheaper generic kit to see if he likes it first and then steering him to vapor4life thereafter. But, if the generic batteries aren't in the same performance ballpark, then that would defeat the purpose. Thoughts?

The Vapor King is so much better then the generic 808's, for a few reasons

1) longer draw/hit

2) better air flow

3) longer battery life

4) just better over all performance

Davo

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Heart of Dixie
Here's one for the oldies. How do the generic KR808D batteries stack up to the Vapor King? I've had mine for about three weeks now and I love the thing. I'm planning on getting my dad a kit to try them out, but he's a longtime smoker and I'm not sure if he'll take to it or not. I'm considering getting him a cheaper generic kit to see if he likes it first and then steering him to vapor4life thereafter. But, if the generic batteries aren't in the same performance ballpark, then that would defeat the purpose. Thoughts?

Plane Crash... I wouldn't by your Dad some junk, think about it... it's your Dad. Plus if he doesn't pick it up, you'll have some more stuff and you will need it. And, you want have junk, you'll have the good stuff. I've had a number of folks buy kits and give up... it has been a source of discounted goodies for me (I know it sounds bad, but hey I felt bad they quit and I recommended it, it worked out best for is both).

JupiterV

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
Jupiter, FL
Hi all and thanks for this thread! I have been looking EVERYWHERE and can't find this answer.
38 days into this and really getting into it. Graduated from the 510 mega batteries.
Have a 900 mah eGo. Prefer cartomizers, standard. Looking into dripping. Can I put a drip tip on a cartomizer? is the result equal to or at least close to an atty/drip? What is the exact procedure for the cartomizer/drip thingy?

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Jupiter,

Just tilt the carto with the drip tip on it..it won't go down the center hole and works just fine! here are mine:

driptip.jpg

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Hi all and thanks for this thread! I have been looking EVERYWHERE and can't find this answer.
38 days into this and really getting into it. Graduated from the 510 mega batteries.
Have a 900 mah eGo. Prefer cartomizers, standard. Looking into dripping. Can I put a drip tip on a cartomizer? is the result equal to or at least close to an atty/drip? What is the exact procedure for the cartomizer/drip thingy?

These are the ones I use http://ikenvape192.corecommerce.com/All-Cartomizers/IKV-510-Cartomizer-Drip-Style-p110.html They are wonderful but they work best at 3 to 4.5 volts. He engineers his cartos for performance and man do they perform. He has some you could use.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
tLynn, here's a thread I found for you. It seems that some of the Flavorart flavors do have sunflower oil in them..please check before ordering..sugar and oil are atty killers.
I doubt chocolate flavors do though. They say the rest are mixed with P.G. so that should mean they are good to go. BUT read the site first~! LorAnn's candy flavors are concentrated, you DO need to add P.G. or risk being death by flavor..just kidding, but they are overpowering.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/39671-flavourart-flavor-list.html

When I first started vaping I had trouble with tasting the flavors and used Lorann's to punch up my flavors. Once my taste buds came back I was ok with out adding flavors. Some people swear they can't taste chocolate at all..thaank goodness I am not one of those...lol!

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Just a little update: Well it took a couple of weeks but I was able to drain one of the questionable auto batts to dead status via keying the L.E.D. light. Threw it on the charger for 8 hours, unplug and replugged the charger for another 2 hours when the indicator light read green and the results were the same, battery life=30 minutes.

Given that these batts sport the newer 4 hole design I think the original prognosis is correct. These batteries are not truly compatible with the wall rechargers or pcc's, it's a logic problem.

Sallyem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
California
Given that these batts sport the newer 4 hole design I think the original prognosis is correct. These batteries are not truly compatible with the wall rechargers or pcc's, it's a logic problem.[/QUOTE]

Again....FOUR holes? I have batteries purchased between Feb. and a week ago.....NO four hole batteries. Please carefully double check.

Joyce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
West Virginia
Does anyone know if there is any reason that vapor would irritate my sinus membranes more than analog smoke? I have chronic sinus problems and also am a migraineur, albeit mostly controlled. Since I started vaping, I have had a noticable increase in sharp throbbing pain in my sinuses that I usually associate with either an oncoming migraine or sinus headache. It seldom gets to the full-blown headache stage, but it's getting more and more frequent as I vape more and smoke less. Drinking more water seems to help, but this is making me nervous, because it is increasing.

Thanks, oldies!

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
Does anyone know if there is any reason that vapor would irritate my sinus membranes more than analog smoke? I have chronic sinus problems and also am a migraineur, albeit mostly controlled. Since I started vaping, I have had a noticable increase in sharp throbbing pain in my sinuses that I usually associate with either an oncoming migraine or sinus headache. It seldom gets to the full-blown headache stage, but it's getting more and more frequent as I vape more and smoke less. Drinking more water seems to help, but this is making me nervous, because it is increasing.

Thanks, oldies!

I'm not an oldie but I've read about several people having problems like this and their doctors told them that vaping dehydrates you, so actually drinking lots of water is the right thing to do, especially if you find that it helps. If drinking more water helps I don't think you have any reason to worry more about it. Hopefully someone will add more to your question, there's a thread called e-cig and health on the main forum, you could also ask there or look around for the same problem;) G'luck!!

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
+1 Sallyem I was thinking the same thing. I have mixes of different mg's and I can always detect any over 18mg by the way the nic makes my sinuses numb out.

As for the 3 or 4 hole design, it appears the only problem is the 4 hole. Remember the limmerick/poem contest? Well, I hooked up a buddy and V4L sent him a kit. That kit had 2 black 4-hole batts, after testing Chad sent 2 more out, same problem.

Since the kit was free (contest) I decided not bother V4L again over the matter. Up till then I had never seen the newer 4-hole regular auto design. I still have my original 3-hole batts from my starter kit, a manual XL, and they work great.

In the meantime my buddy got frustrated so I sold him my only mod a Buzz and I bought Varivolt.
I also read on the V4L sight under the reviews of the auto regulars that this is a shared problem. I played with all 4 of the 4 hole design batts and I must say when they work, they work great!

Like your new avatar Sally!

Joyce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
West Virginia
UPDATE: Based on Sallyem's advice, I started mixing my 11mg flavors with some 0 mg menthol I have and my headaches went away. The bad news is I had just ordered a lot of 11 mg and "medium" flavors and carto samplers to try on the juice sale. I guess I'm going to have to order some 0 mg juice flavors to mix with those. Too bad about the carts, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread