Ask the OLDIES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj1100cl

Oct 11, 2010
Atlanta
my experience is that there are 3 caps.

one has a little stub inside. these come on the mouth end of a coolcart.
one has a little pointy nipple inside. these come on the atty end of a coolcart.
one has a long skinny plug inside. these come on both ends of a wow carto, but only the atty side has the skinny plug.

the long skinny plugs look like they're attached, but they're not. they pull right out. this was confusing at first when i was wondering where my caps with the long skinny plugs were disappearing to. they were just separating into two pieces. duh.

there are definitely two different diameters to the caps. some are a little looser, and will fly off with an unsecure Taryn spin (like on the end of a pass-thru for example - don't ask me how i know!)

i just received a syringe and a bunch of wow blank cartos. i'm going to try the syringe method of refilling today for the first time. i hope it goes well. i don't like the condom fill method, it's way too messy. so far i've been refilling with drips to the fluff through the mouth end, white plug removed, carto at a tilt.

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
i just received a syringe and a bunch of wow blank cartos. i'm going to try the syringe method of refilling today for the first time. i hope it goes well. i don't like the condom fill method, it's way too messy. so far i've been refilling with drips to the fluff through the mouth end, white plug removed, carto at a tilt.

What size needle did you get? I bought a 18 gauge blunt tip, but it smashed the filler on the first one I tried. Next I bought either a 20 or 22 beveled needle, but it's really slow going on drawing the liquid. Am I missing something? (Well, of course I'm missing something or I'd be able to do it!)

Last edited:

tj1100cl

Oct 11, 2010
Atlanta
What size needle did you get? I bought a 18 gauge blunt tip, but it smashed the filler on the first one I tried. Next I bought either a 20 or 22 beveled needle, but it's really slow going on drawing the liquid. Am I missing something? (Well, of course I'm missing something or I'd be able to do it!)

this particular syringe is an 18GA x 1" with a beveled point. (incidentally, $1 from bluemistvaping)

i have just filled two cartos, one new Wow blank, and one recycled Coolcart that I soaked in alcohol and rinsed.

This seems to be the right size, which may be why the vendor stocked this particular one. i'm not having any problem running 80/20 juice through it, and the beveled tip is an ADVANTAGE. it is easiest to slide in between the fluff and the carto wall, if you turn the needle opening TOWARD THE WALL. holding the needle at an angle, you can slide it in without snagging on the fluff at all.

then it's easy. i removed the plunger from the syringe, and added 30 drops to the measuring well. just barely pushing the plunger in is enough to push the juice through. if you overfill, the syringe will extract just as easily. nothing goes in the center tube of the carto. very nice. good luck!

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
I got 18 guage sharp needles. You should place the needle down the side of the carto until you reach the bottom, and then release the juice slowly. Don't go thru the
filler material, but rather to the side of it.

I need the "sharp" 18, not blunt. Thank you Sally :)

this particular syringe is an 18GA x 1" with a beveled point. (incidentally, $1 from bluemistvaping)

i have just filled two cartos, one new Wow blank, and one recycled Coolcart that I soaked in alcohol and rinsed.

This seems to be the right size, which may be why the vendor stocked this particular one. i'm not having any problem running 80/20 juice through it, and the beveled tip is an ADVANTAGE. it is easiest to slide in between the fluff and the carto wall, if you turn the needle opening TOWARD THE WALL. holding the needle at an angle, you can slide it in without snagging on the fluff at all.

then it's easy. i removed the plunger from the syringe, and added 30 drops to the measuring well. just barely pushing the plunger in is enough to push the juice through. if you overfill, the syringe will extract just as easily. nothing goes in the center tube of the carto. very nice. good luck!

bluemistvaping, got it, and thank you :) :)

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
The mouthpeice has a little nub on the center of it, and the buttplug has a bigger nub on the center of it, makes it a pain in the ... to refill lol. I lose all my condoms all the time, my stock is running out, and I am very picky when it comes to condoms cause if the carto can slip right in, I do not like it, it bearly has to slide in, otherwise I overfill it.

jayvap33

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
USA
home.comcast.net
I agree with what's already been said...Get yourself some 36mg in a strong (maybe a tobacco or coffee) flavor for this situation. I work in a hospital, so I know there are times when it's impossible to chain vape (which is what many of us do at the beginning when switching over). Instead of smoking the analog, vape the strong-flavored 36mg. This is what worked for me.

I recommend not using 36mg UNLESS you work in a hospital! :laugh:

Sallyem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
California
The mouthpeice has a little nub on the center of it, and the buttplug has a bigger nub on the center of it, makes it a pain in the ... to refill lol. I lose all my condoms all the time, my stock is running out, and I am very picky when it comes to condoms cause if the carto can slip right in, I do not like it, it bearly has to slide in, otherwise I overfill it.

Gosh....I haven't finished my first cup of coffee yet, and I really, truly do not understand what you are saying. You started earlier by saying there were no condoms on your cartos when you got them.
I guess I misunderstood...I thought you were saying they weren't sending the old-style condoms anymore. I guess that isn't what you meant. I assume by what you just said, you must fill your cartos using
the condom method. I really don't understand your last sentence at all.

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
Lol ok here is what I ment to say Sallyem sorry about that.

In my experience there are 4 types of condom/butplugs

one with no nub at all or stem in the middle.
one with a small nub
one with a large nub
one with a stem.

I use the one with no nubs or stems to refill, and I cap my refilled cartos with the nubbed ends, I never use the stems at all anymore.

Sallyem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
California
It is my belief that all the premiums are going to be in cool carts from now on. For awhile, you have seen them both listed for a flavor. The reason for that is that they still had
some of the regular carts available. I believe that after the old style is sold out, they will all be in cool carts. Then only the WOW will be in the premium carts, or I should say
WOW carts. I can't blame ANYONE for being confused....so many changes!

wader2k

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
NE Illinois
also how hard is it for you to ship overseas (APO) for the military. Have some men over there now who would like to try. I am state side so would it be easier for me to revive them and ship (APO) from my house?

We ship to APO and FPO no problem!!

To your other question... a 5 pack of cartos lasts me roughly 2 days. I smoked 1.5 packs/day of marlboro light 100's for 30 years.
YMMV...some folks vape more some less. Refilling is more economical, but most folks will save money either way after the initial outlay and a good mainstay flavor and strength is found.

ValleyGirl

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
... a 5 pack of cartos lasts me roughly 2 days. I smoked 1.5 packs/day of marlboro light 100's for 30 years.

Okay, I understand the YMMV theory, BUT...these cartomizers are lasting me, like, FOREVERRRRR. Am I just vaping them dry and too dumb to recognize the signs that they are dry?!? One cartomizer will last me like a day and a half EASY. Maybe towards the end of day two it tastes kinda plastic-y...does that mean it's dry? Haven't gotten a "burnt" taste from any of them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread