Asolo by ijoy mod claims Temp control with any kind of coil/wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR. Mad

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan
This mod company claims temp control with any kind of wire ! I don't know about the rest of you but i think this would be pretty awesome if it works, what do you guys and gals think? Also it seems to monitor juice level and will flash a reminder to refill juice.
1-15052P201524G.jpg
1-15052P15PQH.jpg

1-15052P202564V.gif

Asolo Specification:

1. The mod can support almost all tanks from 0.08ohm~2.5ohm.

Remarks:
It can support 0.05ohm but we are not recommend you to do it because it may be dangerous.
2. It is various device from 5w~200w
3. Heating coil material: KANTHAL A1, Titanium (Ti), Nickel (Ni200), other normal materials for wire

Asolo 200W_Shenzhen IJOY Technology Co.,Ltd. - Ijoy e-cigarette/Most electronic cigarette manufacturer innovation

Last edited:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
I'll bet my house that it CAN'T and WON'T do TC with kanthal, any takers?

EDIT: Also there is about ZERO chance it has any ability to actually monitor the amount of juice in an atty/wick, either they're the most advanced e-cig/chip manufacturer ON THE PLANET or they're just making stuff up.

I'm betting on the latter.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla

EDIT: Also there is about ZERO chance it has any ability to actually monitor the amount of juice in an atty/wick, either they're the most advanced e-cig/chip manufacturer ON THE PLANET or they're just making stuff up.

Why not? A few years ago something like temp control was fantasy, yet someone figured it out.

So far every evolv design concept has been bettered by someone else. I remember when no one else had vw figured out either.

I'm not defending the device but at least give it a chance to fail first.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
All it takes is to discover that 1 thing everyone else overlooked

From face book
do you know all atomizers can be temperature control?
and it can avoid all burn taste and offer best taste, ijoy "ASOLO" box mod can do it.

Says they are getting reviewers lined up to prove it

Reactions: peterforpats

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Other devices try too hard to bother measuring the temperature and being accurate.
We don't really need the box to tell us the actual temperature, we only need it to stay at a temperature once we are happy with it.

It looks like with this box, you adjust to taste in vw mode, then you switch to tc mode .

*How does it offer best taste continually? Follow the steps:
1. In the wattage set up mode, to choose the taste you like after several puffs.
2. Enter the temperature control mode, it will keep the taste in memory, not only offer the user best taste but also user can vapor it without worry about it burn the coil.

Reactions: Thrasher

MR. Mad

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan

lol hmm ok i will bet 5 ... cotton pads vs your house .
i think it will work but not as people think it does . there will be some steps to set the temp you want then be able to lock it into place.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Why not? A few years ago something like temp control was fantasy, yet someone figured it out.

So far every evolv design concept has been bettered by someone else. I remember when no one else had vw figured out either.

I'm not saying innovation is not ongoing and constant, what i AM saying is the stream of BS that comes from many companies is equally as constant.

You, as well as i, understand the difficulty/complexity of doing the things this company claims its board will do.

Kanthal is just NOT going to work properly with "current iterations" of TC, the temp coefficient/resistivity curve is just too small. Its probable it will never work with the 'limited' sensitivity of components (re: resistance) that are being used in most boards.

Also, using what you know about how atties work, explain to me how they could possible have active monitoring of juice levels, beyond what TC already does, ie less juice equals higher temps equals watts throttling. Without a specific atty/sensor set-up there is just no chance they can actually make this measurement.

If you want to believe that some seemingly unknown company that just appeared and bested EVERYONE including Yihi, Evolv, etc and created the most advanced PV board yet, solving one of the larger innovation hurdles designers/tech engineers have been working on, then that's your choice.

I'll personally take their claims with a grain of salt, and believe it when i see it.

MR. Mad

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan
i like that this is turning into a good discussion because i enjoy it. i am not saying i believe what they are claiming but couldn't it be possible that once a temp has been set and locked in it takes into account the wick being saturated and the juice acting as a coolant of sorts if the coil starts going above the set threshold then it gives off an alert. sort of a passive temp control. would be a royal pain to having to reset every time you change wicks. yet again not saying this is what it does or that it works just throwing this out in the interest of discussion.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona

YiHi didn't better Evolv's chip, they copied it and threw in some optional power ranges. From what I have read, the YiHi has some short comings and doesn't do all the evolv chip can.

As far as the claims with this one..... I agree with xtwosm0kesx, it is highly unlikely these guys figured out how to make TC work with kanthal.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I'm not saying innovation is not ongoing and constant, what i AM saying is the stream of BS that comes from many companies is equally as constant.

You, as well as i, understand the difficulty/complexity of doing the things this company claims its board will do.

Kanthal is just NOT going to work properly with "current iterations" of TC, the temp coefficient/resistivity curve is just too small. Its probable it will never work with the 'limited' sensitivity of components (re: resistance) that are being used in most boards.

Also, using what you know about how atties work, explain to me how they could possible have active monitoring of juice levels, beyond what TC already does, ie less juice equals higher temps equals watts throttling. Without a specific atty/sensor set-up there is just no chance they can actually make this measurement.

If you want to believe that some seemingly unknown company that just appeared and bested EVERYONE including Yihi, Evolv, etc and created the most advanced PV board yet, solving one of the larger innovation hurdles designers/tech engineers have been working on, then that's your choice.

I'll personally take their claims with a grain of salt, and believe it when i see it.
Easy cowboy. No need to get bent

Make sure you get facts straight though.
Yihi is only 4 years old, never even made a ecig or mod, just a chip.

, ijoy is a massive company with several patents, one of them being the very first tank with airflow control and ISO certifications on their factories, there not quite the unknown you think they are. They make cigalikes, tanks, even mods.

They have preferred to go after the fashionable market. But don't mistake them for a flyby night nobody.

2 times I even said let them fail on their own, they made the claim let them at least try to prove it first.

Last edited:

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Monitoring "juice level" would actually be simple. Since the resistance rises faster as the coil dries out, all they'd have to do is monitor the rate of resistance climbing as you take a hit. When the rate of resistance change reaches a certain level the device tells you to add juice. On current TL devices we just notice a drop in vapor as the coil dries out. This could simply provide a visual indicator of this change. As far as TL using Kanthal, I have no idea!

Reactions: Frederick Hew

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Easy cowboy. No need to get bent

Make sure you get facts straight though.
Yihi is only 4 years old, never even made a ecig or mod, just a chip.

, ijoy is a massive company with several patents, one of them being the very first tank with airflow control and ISO certifications on their factories, there not quite the unknown you think they are. They make cigalikes, tanks, even mods.

They have preferred to go after the fashionable market. But don't mistake them for a flyby night nobody.

2 times I even said let them fail on their own, they made the claim let them at least try to prove it first.

Yep and just like many of um, they probably won't deliver on their promises and the people who pre-ordered off undeserved hype will end up paying the price.

I'm vaguely familiar with the company, sorry, replace "seemingly unknown", "not well known", honestly they're probably as well known for the video of them getting served back in the day as they are for their products.

Here's an example of why things like this bother me so much:
SMOK is a massive, established company, they claim the M80 will do TC, yet after multiple versions and 7ish firmware updates it's still unable to do the same thing cheap no-name DNA40 clones are able to do. It has no actual temp-control whatsoever, but you can still log onto SMOKS site and check out the fancy graphic explaining (re: lying) that the mod has TC. No retractions, no explanations, just more people buying a product that doesn't have a properly functioning TC, and possibly being scared away from TC without even knowing its true function/benefits.

I'm completely neutral regarding iJoy, but i'm pretty out-spoken when i see manufacturers making grandiose claims, and reviewing iJoy's most recent product catalog i don't see anything that screams 'bleeding edge innovation'.

Nothing personal against you obv, i'm just insanely skeptical, heck maybe it'll be best mod ever, and if so, i will happily eat crow.:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread