aspergers and vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I just find the idea of vaping a liquid compared to a dry plant so odd! Do they have eliquid that tastes like Virginia tobacco or Pall Mall cigs? Or Nat Sherman? Lol.
No they taste better than those nasty things.

You can find some eliquids that taste the way tobacco smells before you burn it but there is no way to add the burnt taste to eliquid.

Check out Mountan Oak vapors and Backwoods Brew.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoFumus

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
We do have reddish clay :). We can and do flood pretty easily when it rains too much. NW Ohio was the Great Black Swamp.
We had the same clay in north Georgia, sticky stiff when wet. I was referring to the oxidized iron ore in the mountains of southern Egypt that when they have heavy rainfall turns the Nile red relatively often.

RobbyRocket

Aug 25, 2015
Tobacco is like coffee it smells way better than it tastes for sure. That's my big reason for wanting to start vaping is to get rid of the smell. I called one shop and asked the guy some questions about ejuice & starter kits & all he said was "uh yeah". Like it was a question he'd never heard before. I'd have thought those were common questions to ask.

Reactions: theddead

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Tobacco is like coffee it smells way better than it tastes for sure. That's my big reason for wanting to start vaping is to get rid of the smell. I called one shop and asked the guy some questions about ejuice & starter kits & all he said was "uh yeah". Like it was a question he'd never heard before. I'd have thought those were common questions to ask.

nothing is too common about most of us here and so I don't imagine many of our questions are either :)

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 18, 2015
    carson city nevada
    Yea I never knew there was such a thing as vaping oil or wax. But it does sound intriguing. If there was a way to vape like crushed tobacco leaves, without smoking it like a cigarette, now that would be perfect for me lol.
    have you considered trying pipe or cigar tobacco in an herb vaporizer Seego Reload Atomizer 1100mAh Slv Battery USB Charger Dry Herb Vape Vaporizer | eBay dry herb vaporizers are popular among the MMJ crowd and should work with real tobacco as well.cigarette tobacco has oxidizers added which may cause it to ignite in this type of vaporizer but good pipe or cigar tobacco should work

RobbyRocket

Aug 25, 2015
    nothing is too common about most of us here and so I don't imagine many of our questions are either :)

Lol common isn't in my vocab. And I like to ask questions. ;) One thing that intrigues me is how to figure out the ratio of pg/vg I like, guess that's trial/error. I'm not a cloud chaser by any means I want my vaping to be like smoking cigarettes just without the smell that people constantly ..... about. Seems like vg is heavier vapor from what I hear but pg is a better throat hit.

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    Central Texas
    I have an addictive personality not sure how much of that is mild autism vs. just addiction. Thing is, I never drank hardly any, never did drugs, but yet cigarettes are my vice I can't stop. I tried quitting once & couldn't. They're the only thing that make me motivated enough to be halfway sociable and also perk me up & get rid of anxiety. I've tried smokeless tobacco products, dip & chew are just nasty, but I do like dry snuff sometimes. But smoking is the only way I feel like I am getting my fix. Maybe vaping will be the solution for me finally.
    It was the solution for me after 33 years of HEAVY smoking. Thing is, I did vape for 2.5 years while cutting down on the smokes. Went from 2 packs a day, to 3 smokes a day. Finally, after a really bad respiratory illness, I quit the smokes completely 10 days ago. Give the vaping a try. And don't let anyone around you make you feel bad about it. :)

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    Lol common isn't in my vocab. And I like to ask questions. ;) One thing that intrigues me is how to figure out the ratio of pg/vg I like, guess that's trial/error. I'm not a cloud chaser by any means I want my vaping to be like smoking cigarettes just without the smell that people constantly ..... about. Seems like vg is heavier vapor from what I hear but pg is a better throat hit.
    It's a bit more complex than that but in general yes. I would start with a 50/50 mix or around there. I personally don't like the heavy lung feel high VG liquids have so I vape 70/30.

PG/VG

NoFumus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2015
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    It was the solution for me after 33 years of HEAVY smoking. Thing is, I did vape for 2.5 years while cutting down on the smokes. Went from 2 packs a day, to 3 smokes a day. Finally, after a really bad respiratory illness, I quit the smokes completely 10 days ago. Give the vaping a try. And don't let anyone around you make you feel bad about it. :)

Congratulations!

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    I found that traveling around the world visiting lovely war torn regions (Rescue work) cured me of any possible depression. Hard to be depressed about first world problems when I have seen things that made war hardened soldiers weep.
    Ahh but that kind of associations just worsens my downward spiral. Might get to thinking suicide instead of just being tired of living. Can't go that route. Too much empathy?

RobbyRocket

Aug 25, 2015
    I really like the customization that vaping has. That's so appealing to me. I keep seeing some people say they are allergic to PG but some don't like the large clouds of VG, and some say VG doesn't give as much of a hit, although VG gives heavier vapor. I seriously doubt I have an allergy to PG but for me I don't want to be blowing huge massive clouds because I'll be vaping just for the enjoyment of smoking & don't necessarily want to draw lots of attention. So I'll probably go 50/50 or larger PG to VG ratio.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    Speaking of frogs little ones have been appearing on a kitchen window here at night. Scared the heck out of me two nights ago. I saw weird white feet walking on my window. Almost jumped out of my skin. I look closer, and its a little frog. It saw me looking, and hid behind the frame. Every couple minutes it would peek out, see me and hide again. Last night there were two.
    That is the way it always begins. So cute and innocent...

NoFumus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2015
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Check out Codecademy for Python. . . I'm having fun playing with it while I try to figure out what new career is right for me. (Since clearly and English Degree wasn't the right path in this society)

I'm not familiear with Codeacademy. Is that another MOOC?

If you're interested, here's the sequence through Coursera. Specialization | Coursera

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I've looked at doing coursera but I'm struggling with some mental health issues right now and haven't gotten the gumption to get around to it. . . .

Codecademy is um. . . well it's a website that basically walks you through coding, but it's hard to explain? I find that it doesn't give you a lot of the "why" or "how" that you would get from a structured course like Coursera, BUT it's much more intuitive. Sort of like, you go through this website program that tells you what to do, you copy the code examples without understanding it so much and then you see what it does after you put it in. You learn about the "why" and the "how" as you go along learning the coding language.

Sort of like, when we're children, we learn how to make things plural by adding s. We know this because we copy the people around us. So, sometimes kids say mooses or deers instead of the correct plurals. Because they're learning by copying, they're applying rules across the board. It takes a while for them to pick up on the subtleties of the language. Codecademy teaches you code similarly to the way you learn your original language. You start by copying simple ideas, then you make mistakes, then eventually you start to learn the whys. Like why we don't say mooses. :D It's not for everybody, but I'm a big fan.

But anyway, they do HTML, Python, CSS, and some others. It's a pretty awesome website to play around with. Though, I'll have to check out Coursera, last time I looked they didn't have specializations.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Hey, @AXIOM_1, I signed up for the beginning of the R sequence. Any interest? Or, they have a 5-course sequence in Python. Maybe you can pick up where you left off, and it'll be easier to finish with a tiny bit of structure.

Thank you, but I am currently going to get back into the ancient art of Java .... I have already done quite a bit in python and 'R' is too business-like for my liking. I am ......ed because I like the old C-based languages. The code looks cool too me. I like C++ but it's libraries are a real trip for sure. I am awaiting some good teaching material on Perl 6 to come out. I guess I am really strange because I like the looks of cryptic type languages. Python and Ruby are too much like English for my liking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread