Aspire Atlantis help, is my technique wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenDogg1024

Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Hey guys,
I have been off real cigs for a few months now which I'm super happy about, no desire to go back. I kicked the habit with the aspire K1 Ego tanks and since upgraded to Nautilus mini which I enjoy, I'm primarily mouth to lung hitter. In between the two tanks I was sold an Atlantis by a local B&M, the guy said most buy a Nautilus mini then upgrade to Atlantis anyway so he said it would save money. I couldn't really get into it taking lung hits and still really don't enjoy it but am wondering if my technique is off?

I tried 12mg juice in there and it was really rough, I've since dropped my nicotine to 6mg across the board, and tried that in the Atlantis, it gives a harsh mouth and throat feel if I try to lung hit, I also get the same experience if I use 0mg juice. I've tried MtL hits and it doesn't really produce any vapor. Attempting lung hits I've tried all wattages from 15-30W with same results, also I keep the airflow all the way open. I try and inhale deep and quick thinking more airflow might 'dilute' the vapor and make it feel less harsh. Also this is Atlantis1, and I've only tried max or 100%VG juice.

What technique/settings do you guys use and what should it really feel like doing lung hits on this tank? When he sold me the tank I used it once in the shop and it felt very very smooth on the inhale and smooth on the exhale as well as very dense and tasty and pleasant, for the life of me I can't replicate it. Alternatively, is there a tank or RBA/RTA/RDA I can try for MtL hits that will produce that really dense vapor feel?

TIA for your help, I know it probably sounds like a newbie question lol 'how do I use my tank' but I am stuck!

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
12mg is pretty intense for a lung punch, 6mg is more accepted across the board for sub-ohm. I know it varies by juice for me. Like Looper at 3mg and Trickz at 3mg have a MAJOR throat hit difference.

Using 100% VG or even "max VG" in the Atlantis V1 is likely the root of your issues. I mostly use 80/20 down to 50/50 ratios. 70/30 being the sweet spot. I'm not sure if you have a PG allergy, but try a fresh coil, saturate it with a nice 70/30 let it sit for 30 minutes, and then try it.

I personally use my Atlantis at about 25-27.5w I also use coils for about a month at a time :x I put it on my mod, then pulse the fire button for about .3 seconds at a time, until I hear a bit of a fizzle. Then I put it in my mouth, and slightly exhale, forcing some vapor out of the air intake, then I just breathe in slowly (taking a hard hit like drinking a milkshake will cause major spitback in this tank), hold it in for a second, then exhale through both my nose, and mouth to achieve maximum flavor.

I really hope this helps, I just recently fell back in love with my Atlantis V1 and I hope you learn to love it as well. It is STILL a great tank!

KenDogg1024

Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Thanks guys, I was not aware that 100%vg juice wouldnt wick well, the guy at local BandM told me the Atlantis would take anything I could throw at it. I just recently tried subohming and am still mostly using my Nautilus mini with MtL hits so the tank is just now empty, I will try some 70/30 and see if that helps. 'Side-sucking' as you call it lol does help a bit getting used to the huge increase in vapor. I picked up a Lemo2 to try some rebuilding and the flavor out of that is incredible and I really enjoy the vapor so perhaps switching the juice will help revitalize my Atlantis.

Reactions: Liskrig
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread