Aspire Atlantis, need advice on batteries and mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

SthrnCelt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Columbia, SC
I basically swore off my mechanicals some time back after absent-mindedly letting one sit with the safety ring disengaged. I went downstairs and fixed a cup of coffee in the Keurig (maybe 3 minutes total) and when I cam back my Nemesis was blistering hot. So I've stuck with my 15w mods until the iStick came out which is 20. Those are very good for the Nautilus and I'm especially fond of the iStick, but it won't fire much below 1 ohm. Tonight I went to a B&M and the mixer guy there, who I think is just an awesome individual, handed me his mod/tank and said to put my drip tip on and give it a shot. I did, and DAYUM! It was the Atlantis. I was blown away that a tank hit that good and produces such wondrous, voluminous and flavorful vapor. I have to have one I said. So I bought one along with a Sigelei 50W mod as I knew nothing in my arsenal aside from the mechanical would fire it. I find this thing is every bit as good as any hit I've taken off my Patriot with a .5 ohm build. And honestly I've not been able to put it down since I got it.

Let me just say though that if you have not experienced sub-ohm vaping yet, the liquid should not be overlooked. You don't want to use a very high nic content in your juice. Sorry if this was already discussed. I find .6% to be a tad high and when I mix I often aim for around .3-.5. Most vape shops making quality liquid will have this strength on hand.

rusirius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
DE
I am also using the Panasonic NCR18650B which has a 6.8amps limit only. I have also ordered the Aspire CF18650 Mod and it will regulate out a 4.2 volts giving out a 35 watts on the Atlantis head (0.5ohms). Just for your information, I contacted Aspire directly and they told me that I can use that battery safely. I asked them if I could use the Sanyo UR18650ZT 5.8amps limit battery in their mod..they also said its safe to use it as well. This really puts a big question mark cos if the mod regulates out a 4.2volts (constant) then it would give a 35 watt on the atlantis head and needs at least 8.4amps from the battery. I have also contacted Health Cabin whom are selling this mods as well, they said its safe to use the Panasonic battery as well with the 6.8amps limit. Therefore I am not sure myself but I guess I will just pop in my AW Imr 2000mAh (10amp limit) into them instead). Have you had any new information on this as well. It would be good to share....thanks.
I definitely wouldn't call it safe. If the mod is regulating the output to 4.2V then at .5 ohms you have 8.4A just on the output side which is already exceeding those specs. To make matters worse, that's the output side, not the input side. As the battery voltage drops below 4.2V which will happen very quickly with a 3.7V battery the current draw on the battery will increase. Voltage and current are interchangeable. If I have a 1.5V battery and regulate that voltage up to say 3V, if I have 4A on the output side, my input side is seeing 8A. When I double the voltage on the output side I double the current on the input side. So the more the voltage on the battery drops, the more the voltage has to be multiplied which means the current is multiplied too.

Last edited:

spiderman

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
Malaysia/Sungai Petani
I definitely wouldn't call it safe. If the mod is regulating the output to 4.2V then at .5 ohms you have 8.4A just on the output side which is already exceeding those specs. To make matters worse, that's the output side, not the input side. As the battery voltage drops below 4.2V which will happen very quickly with a 3.7V battery the current draw on the battery will increase. Voltage and current are interchangeable. If I have a 1.5V battery and regulate that voltage up to say 3V, if I have 4A on the output side, my input side is seeing 8A. When I double the voltage I double the current on the input side. So the more the voltage on the battery drops, the more the voltage has to be multiplied which means the current is multiplied too.

Thanks for the insight...never saw that coming...

I've never sub-ohmed in the way of building etc, however, I've used my co-worker's sob-ohm builds on their mechanical mods and I've read up on ohms/battery safety. However, I do not trust myself to build my own coil, or use a mechanical, so I ordered the Atlantis tank and the battery Aspire made specifically for it, that way I know (from the specs of the battery/non mod version) it's safe to use. I'll post an update once my package gets here and I use it.

pancing

Oct 22, 2014
Oklahoma
Using a Samsung 25r in my IPV2 (original not the s)
37 watts seems to be the seet spot for me
Using a 50/50 blend and the flavor is the best
Cloud production and Lung Inhale on fully open is better than my Tobh
Atlantis sucks up juice like my Orchid, but I like this better - very impressed

Yeah I'm using the same setup, I'm sitting @ 30W with 80/20 blend
I'm really annoyed with the 2.5ml tank though lol, they need to make a fat tank thats the same height just wider, I'm wondering if the silicone grommet is gonna wear out after several hundred times I have to refill.

cmangoboogie

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
buffalo, NY
FINALLY got my vape mail! Had ordered one Atlantis from Aspire and it was on back order so I decided to order a second off 101vape (which 101 was even 10$ cheaper then Aspire) . So yesterday they both end up showing up the same day... [emoji12] [emoji3]

I got one on my Stingray and put the other on an IpV V2.
Before these I had built a few orchid builds at .5 none below that or ever tried a dripper.This hits nothing like I ever tasted before clouds and flavor are amazing!! I haven't used my kayfun or my Nautilus since the mail came.. [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]
Highly recommended!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

cmangoboogie

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
buffalo, NY
270e755f84d79a4fa8e91344d237762f.jpg

I've been using my Atlantis with the Aspire Sub Ohm Mod...with a Efst 18650 2500mah 35A cell. It's my 1st Sub Ohm experience so I only have my Aspire Mini and a few Aspire ET-S BVC on a eLeaf iStick to compare it with. Not having a variable wattages adjustment on the Aspire CF Mod, really doesn't take away from the flavor and cloud production, IMHO. It definitely produces more vapor and flavor than my Nautilius Mini w/ a 1.8ohm coil on my iStick @ 14 watts.
http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-E...AAAAAAAAHN4/fmw2mHznwtM/s2048-no/IMG_1349.JPG

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-V...AAAAAAAAHOA/ReflC1TmyJg/s2048-no/IMG_1350.JPG

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

cmangoboogie

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
buffalo, NY
I've been using my Atlantis with the Aspire Sub Ohm Mod...with a Efst 18650 2500mah 35A cell. It's my 1st Sub Ohm experience so I only have my Aspire Mini and a few Aspire ET-S BVC on a eLeaf iStick to compare it with. Not having a variable wattages adjustment on the Aspire CF Mod, really doesn't take away from the flavor and cloud production, IMHO. It definitely produces more vapor and flavor than my Nautilius Mini w/ a 1.8ohm coil on my iStick @ 14 watts.
http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-E...AAAAAAAAHN4/fmw2mHznwtM/s2048-no/IMG_1349.JPG

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-V...AAAAAAAAHOA/ReflC1TmyJg/s2048-no/IMG_1350.JPG

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
Thanks for posting.
I was debating whether to get one of the sub mods or the other vv battery they put out for the Atlantis.

Looks nice [emoji3]

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
which mod to get:
1. stingray x $39.99 => Vape Royalty Offers Custom Bling Vape Pens, 3D Bling Vapes, HCigar Mods, Infinite Mods, HCigar RDA Clones, Infinite RBA Clones, Bling Vapes, Crystallized Vapes, Custom Bling Mod Vapes, HCigar Clones ==> stainless steel outside, copper inside, crazy good mod imo, short throw
or
2. skeleton key $34.99 ==> Vape Royalty Offers Custom Bling Vape Pens, 3D Bling Vapes, HCigar Mods, Infinite Mods, HCigar RDA Clones, Infinite RBA Clones, Bling Vapes, Crystallized Vapes, Custom Bling Mod Vapes, HCigar Clones ==> revolutionary locking mechanism, longer throw than stingray x, long mod, only neg is there is no engravings
i'd personally get both, in case one breaks, both are awesome

where to get the atlantis:
1. aspire atlantis $31.99 ==> America's best vaping and ecig deals and steals - 101 Vape ==> airy draw, close the airhole for more flavorful draw
2. aspire atlantis coils $14.99 ==>> America's best vaping and ecig deals and steals - 101 Vape ==> need i say more? lol
cheapest prices i found online, shipping is fast and only $2-5

which battery charger to get:
1. xtar vp2 ==> hands down the best battery charger on the market now ==> algorithm charging, digital screen

which batteries to get:
1. authentic sony vtc5 or xtar vtc5 ==> hands down the best battery i used and only been using, sold out everywhere, check out AW, Samsung, and LG's as alternatives

get a 2 or 4 slot battery case, you dont want to carry batteries in your pockets with other metals

ktez71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
WI
I didn't read all the posts in this thread so I'm sorry if this was already suggested. But for Christmas I got my hubs an Atlantis tank and an IPV Mini to go with it and it is amazing! I keep stealing it from him lol. The IPV mini was only about $54 online and it seems to work well, takes 18650 batteries but also has pass through charging. Just a suggestion if you are still looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread