Aspire Atlantis owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

foggy7692

Moved On
Feb 3, 2015
NYC
True, true... 15 is a great price.

But we should probably get back to Atlantis Q&A...

Speaking of which, I'm just loving my high capacity 5ml Atlantis tank! It's the perfect addition for your Atlantis and ADV!

Glad to hear you like it.. :)
What battery/mod do you have it paired with? The 5mL tank doesn't make the Atlantis look too big & clunky?

foggy7692

Moved On
Feb 3, 2015
NYC
Btw, i heard kidneypuncher has the new OC coils but they are probably out of stock. I have 3 Ceramic coils left, I'll wait until I find a definite source like KP in-stock until I order. These coils have been lasting me like 2 weeks + with all day use (about 3-4mL/day), but sometimes leave a funny taste. I'd rather move away from ceramic, the taste is kind of wack sometimes and flavor a bit muted.

Can't wait to try the Atlantis with cotton!! :D
I tried re-wicking it once with a KGD pad, but i leaked the whole tank all over. Used a decent amount of cotton too, and have good rebuilding & re-wicking experience.
:confused:
Idk about you guys, but I'm sure I'll be able to tell the difference when I have the coil in front of me - if the new cotton ones don't have the paper layer on the outside.. If you look in the juice holes on the coil, you should be able to tell the difference between new (cotton) and old (ceramic), by looking to see if that paper is there between the juice holes & the wick.
Maybe try poking it with something to see if the paper's there. If there's no paper there and just cotton wick, the poker will sink into the wick instead of just pushing in the ceramic paper

:)

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Aspire Atlantis - 5 Pack Coil Heads
CONFIRMED Cotton Coils (0.5ohm) for the Atlantis, and in-stock as I post this! I myself, will probably wait until I can find them somewhere else cheaper than $21 for a 5-pack, unless KidneyPuncher has a sale..
:)

Kidney Puncher is usually a bit high priced on new items. I got my Atlantis cotton coils from VAPENW for 14.95 for a 5 pack. Quick shipping too. That's the same price as the older coils, so you might want to check them out. They weren't listed as the new cotton coils, just Atlantis coils. I took the first one apart just to see and it is definitely the cotton coil.

As far as performance? It's early days still, been vaping one for 6 days and so far it has been great. I'm only using a 70VG juice, but it has been wicking great and the flavor is improved a bit I think. What's odd is I used to prefer the old coils at 25watts and the new coils I prefer at 30 to 35watts. The vapor production is very good and right now I'm very happy with them. I really don't miss the old coils at all and find the cotton coils superior in taste and vapor. I don't know how long they will last, but after 6 days I haven't noticed any kind of drop off in flavor.

I'll be interested to hear what others think after they give them a try.

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
Kidney Puncher is usually a bit high priced on new items. I got my Atlantis cotton coils from VAPENW for 14.95 for a 5 pack. Quick shipping too. That's the same price as the older coils, so you might want to check them out. They weren't listed as the new cotton coils, just Atlantis coils. I took the first one apart just to see and it is definitely the cotton coil.

As far as performance? It's early days still, been vaping one for 6 days and so far it has been great. I'm only using a 70VG juice, but it has been wicking great and the flavor is improved a bit I think. What's odd is I used to prefer the old coils at 25watts and the new coils I prefer at 30 to 35watts. The vapor production is very good and right now I'm very happy with them. I really don't miss the old coils at all and find the cotton coils superior in taste and vapor. I don't know how long they will last, but after 6 days I haven't noticed any kind of drop off in flavor.

I'll be interested to hear what others think after they give them a try.

Curious, did you get the Atlantis coil or the Melo coil?

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
No mention of OCC or All Cotton on their webpage for them: Aspire Atlantis Coils - 5 Pack - Coil - Atomizer

How do you know? Have you autopsied one yet?

Aspire USA stated that the packaging will remain the same for the all cotton coils,and you wont be able to tell the difference from appearance or packaging. I suspect the 5 pack I got last week is the newer style, as they are lasing much longer than my previous batch! When one dies, I'll perform an autopsy and see!

I'm also thinking of trying these coils that are supposed to fit: Melo Atomizer Coil Heads - Coil - Atomizer

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
No mention of OCC or All Cotton on their webpage for them: Aspire Atlantis Coils - 5 Pack - Coil - Atomizer

How do you know? Have you autopsied one yet?

Aspire USA stated that the packaging will remain the same for the all cotton coils,and you wont be able to tell the difference from appearance or packaging. I suspect the 5 pack I got last week is the newer style, as they are lasing much longer than my previous batch! When one dies, I'll perform an autopsy and see!

I'm also thinking of trying these coils that are supposed to fit: Melo Atomizer Coil Heads - Coil - Atomizer

He says right in his post that he took the first one apart to confirm. Did you get your 5 pack from the same vendor he did? Figures I just got some not long ago but went through sweet vapes because they were the cheapest I found. I'd love to try the new cotton ones and also the melo coils. I watched a review of the melo on YouTube and the reviewer was running an Atlantis coil in the melo and said she likes the Atlantis coil better for some reason.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
He says right in his post that he took the first one apart to confirm. Did you get your 5 pack from the same vendor he did? Figures I just got some not long ago but went through sweet vapes because they were the cheapest I found. I'd love to try the new cotton ones and also the melo coils. I watched a review of the melo on YouTube and the reviewer was running an Atlantis coil in the melo and said she likes the Atlantis coil better for some reason.

I missed that he autopsied one.

No mine were from Sweet Vapes last week.

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
I wish there was an easier way to tell if they were the new cotton ones or not. I only have 4 left so I really don't want to dissect one to find out.

When you burn out one, then dissect! No other way to determine! ...And was straight from Aspire USA via email to my inquiry!

Maseter1313

Jan 11, 2015
VA
Hello all! I apologize if this has already been discussed as I skimmed most of the thread but thought this was worth mentioning just in case it was big news to anyone else...
Just got off the phone with vaporshark customer service and they confirmed that temperature sensing coils (TSC) made of ni, fore the Aspire Atlantis are in final production and testing phase and they even went so far as to say that they are currently vaping these coils recreationly because they are working so well. going out on a limb and hoping they are pure cotton. will update if nobody gets hands on these before i do. If any vs reps are on here please add to this what you can

Last edited:

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
Hello all! I apologize if this has already been discussed as I skimmed most of the thread but thought this was worth mentioning just in case it was big news to anyone else...
Just got off the phone with vaporshark customer service and they confirmed that temperature sensing coils (TSC) made of ni, fore the Aspire Atlantis are in final production and testing phase and they even went so far as to say that they are currently vaping these coils recreationly because they are working so well. going out on a limb and hoping they are pure cotton. will update if nobody gets hands on these before i do. If any vs reps are on here please add to this what you can

Good news for those that use a mod with the DNA chipsets!

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
Just got here.

Was using the Atlantis on the CF Subohm Aspire battery...thought it was the bee's knees.

Transferred it to the iStick50, struggled finding the best wattage/volts.

Friend gifted me a Subtank...game over, as far as flavor.

As an owner of 2 Atlantis tanks, I must admit that I am sorry and I agree!

While I still use my Atlantis tanks for sheer convenience, the subtank mini with the rba is a flavor machine! Night and day difference with the rba. The Kanger had an ever so slight difference when comparing stock coils on Atlantis vs subtank... but with a good build on that rba; the STM is INSANELY GOOD!

Demiurgous

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
Not sure what the deal is, but this pack of coils I got from a local shop isn't cutting it. Every single one seems to burn easily. I've got the wattage turned way down, and I prime them very well. I don't chain vape much at all. Every single one just seems to go south.

I'm hoping this is just a bad box. But here I am, stuck at work with two burnt coils. My Kidney Puncher order better show up soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread