Aspire Atlantis question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

When I screw the atlantis together, the wicking holes aren't exposed between the little cut out grooves on the chimney. I have to unscrew the base a little bit for them to actually be visible.

Do the wicking holes need to be visible within the grooves, or should I just screw the thing together completely and not worry about them being exposed?

So I should just leave the base unscrewed a tiny bit? I did think the air holes would need to be exposed lol. The reason I was asking was to see whether or not my unscrewing it a tiny bit to get the wicking holes exposed would negatively affect the airflow or wicking. Any thoughts?

How long are your coils lasting you by the way? I've used two since I got it and they've only lasted me a couple of days before the flavour dropped off massively and started to taste pretty bad. Usually vaping at 30 watts on an RDNA 40.

DomDoobie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2015
Staten Island New York
No they don't. I used to think that but there is a space between the "claw" I call it and the coil/atomizer. If you unscrew it to expose the holes it might leak juice into the airway. Take a look at one. Most people don't notice this but I rebuild my coils. There is an almost invisible O ring on the atomizer that when you screw it in must seat properly or it will leak juice. I had one that I just kept sucking juice into my mouth. Lo and behold the O ring had broken. I never really noticed it until that happened. Love the Atlantis tank !

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Yeah, unscrew the bottom a little bit to see inlets in the slots.. going on three weeks now on one coil and still hitting like the day I installed it .. I might add that I use 100% VG and air bubbles got trapped behind the metal slot if I didn't expose those juice inlets. It wicks great when I see bubbles coming up after every hit. I also noticed it wicks even faster after installing the 7 ml tank shown here from A-Mod ..
2a46ba66f8189be964e727ffb9323b59.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:
At least I haven't got a defective atlantis haha, I thought it was a problem with mine, reassuring to know it has to be unscrewed a bit to expose the wicking holes. I haven't had any issues with leaking though so that's good. The atlantis is awesome :)

However, one thing I have noticed with this tank is that you do have to keep it continually well topped up IMO.

I was out for the day yesterday and forgot my juice and vaped it until the liquid was just barely covering the wicking holes. As soon as I filled it back up, immediate drop off in flavour, bordering on a bad taste. Probably why my coils have only been lasting a few days, as I'm pretty sure I did the same with my other coil haha.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
With the gap that's there it doesn't really matter if those holes are lined up or not. I never worry about it and have had zero issues in well over a month of use.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
That might work for you but it doesn't for me..I like seeing those juice inlets..and those little bubbles rising every time I take a hit, but I also vape thick 100% VG..same juice I use dripping..but to each his own. Lol

Last edited:

Momster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The slots at the bottom of the coil need to be exposed at least a little bit. This is the adjustable wicking control for the tank. The gasket at the bottom of the tank is thicker than most gaskets to allow you to loosen/tighten the bottom of the tank to adjust how much wicking you want. If you tighten the bottom so that you can't see the juice slots, you will effectively cut off your wicking to the coil.

I love my Atlantis! I hope you love yours. :D

Cellodick

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
Hollywood
The slots at the bottom of the coil need to be exposed at least a little bit. This is the adjustable wicking control for the tank. The gasket at the bottom of the tank is thicker than most gaskets to allow you to loosen/tighten the bottom of the tank to adjust how much wicking you want. If you tighten the bottom so that you can't see the juice slots, you will effectively cut off your wicking to the coil.

I love my Atlantis! I hope you love yours. :D

There is no "adjustable wicking" on the Atlantis. There's plenty of room for max VG juice to get in the holes when hidden. It make absolutely no difference, and I still see the bubbles coming up. It's all in your head.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
There is no "adjustable wicking" on the Atlantis. There's plenty of room for max VG juice to get in the holes when hidden. It make absolutely no difference, and I still see the bubbles coming up. It's all in your head.
I disagree 100%...I get dry hits, airy see-through clouds with the juice holes completely covered up..that's a fact..no matter what you say...but like I stated earlier, to each his own...

Last edited:

DomDoobie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2015
Staten Island New York
Guys we could argue this all day long. To each his own I guess. If it works for you do it. Just remember if you loosen the Atty to much you might suck in juice. Take a good look at one and you will understand what I am trying to say. Look at the side where the 2 big holes are and the white insulator, Now look at the threads. Right above the threads there is a stop ring. Right there and get a magnifying glass if you need it you will see the fine silicone rubber O ring I am talking about. But again do whatever works best for you is the bottom line. I just hope that Aspire follows Kangar and comes out with full organic cotton Atty's and rumor has it they are. Great Day to everyone !

Momster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
We're not talking about loosening up the atty. That would not be a smart thing to do. We're talking about loosening or tightening up the bottom of the tank to adjust the rook looking slotted piece that covers up the juice slots in the atty assembly. A very slight turn either way will adjust how much of the juice slots are visible. This is a new feature on the Atlantis that was not on the Nautilus.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
The easiest way to get those holes where you want them is screwing the coil to the chimney first, then the base to the coil. This is not what Aspire recommends because there's a risk of cross threading the base into the coil, but it works, just have a care when screwing it back together. I've done probably a hundred tank-fulls this way with no issues.

It also gives you about 1ml more juice capacity, as you can now fill just below the rim of the glass tank. Don't go right to the rim, leave a little room for that big honking gasket on the base, else it'll force leakage through the chimney as it displaces air. I usually fill just above the wicking holes in the coil, and below the printed "Aspire" and ohms/wattage rating with no problems (as you're looking at the coil head upside down).

Reactions: K Stub
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread