Aspire Atlantis V2 coils vs V1 coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Has anyone tried the new coils with thicker liquids such as 80% VG or more?

Ive been using EveryDay Drips liquid in a original coil just as a test. It seems to feed fine but im not a chain vaper either. This liquid is very high VG. They claim no PG is added. I have one of the new .3ohm coils to try but ive heard these run very hot in an original Atlantis. No one locally had any of the new .5ohm or 1ohm coils yet.

Im getting the 5ml extension tank for the old Atlantis soon too. The added liquid and length might help in cooling but i mainly want it for capacity, Im also looking for a new bottom o-ring but im having no luck finding them yet.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
100%VG works well at 67.8 watts.
After a few puffs it becomes better since the tank and liquid warms up.

That is basically what ive been experiencing.

Im very curious why the 1ohm coil has such a high watt recommendation too. I can only guess it has a large amount of similar gauge wire as the .5ohm coil.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
The 0.3 ohm coil runs pretty hot even with the higher airflow of the Atlantis 2 base. And the new coils have larger wick holes than the older coils. So you shouldn't have an issue with higher VG juices.

I'm currently using a 90VG/10PG juice with the 0.3 ohm coil and I'm not having any problems with wicking.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
I tried the .3ohm coil in a Atlantis V1 with the 5ml tank. It took at least 50watts for a reasonably good vape. Still not as much vapor as the .5ohm at 35watts though.

The vapor is not too warm but the tank does get a bit warm and probably too warm if you vape faster than me.

No problems feeding the Everyday Drips liquid. I primed the heck out of the coil and let it set in a full tank for about 15min before using it. This liquid is supposed to contain NO PG according to their website.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
I tried the .5ohm V2 coil in the V1. 35watts is working very well for me. 40watts when i want to blow some bigger clouds.

Very very nice after a ml or two. No problems wicking the high VG liquids im using. The 5ml extension tank does not get anywhere near as warm vs using the .3ohm coil.

Im still searching for a local source of 1ohm coils just to test one.

boandlkramer

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2014
Germany
Has anyone tried the new coils with thicker liquids such as 80% VG or more?

Ive been using EveryDay Drips liquid in a original coil just as a test. It seems to feed fine but im not a chain vaper either. This liquid is very high VG. They claim no PG is added. I have one of the new .3ohm coils to try but ive heard these run very hot in an original Atlantis. No one locally had any of the new .5ohm or 1ohm coils yet.

Im getting the 5ml extension tank for the old Atlantis soon too. The added liquid and length might help in cooling but i mainly want it for capacity, Im also looking for a new bottom o-ring but im having no luck finding them yet.

I don't have the V2 yet, but I do have the Atlantis V1. I use 100% VG with no issues.

I should have an answer for you by this weekend on the V2.

I've had the Atlantis 2 with the new coils running at 100VG (since Monday). No issues whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread