1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Aspire BDC - First 2 Days Review

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Vokell, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vokell

Vokell Senior Member ECF Veteran

Just received the Aspire BDC from nhaler. This is the newest, pbusardo is raving about them on tasteyourjuice.com.

I have the following comments. Overall, the BDC is excellent, great throat hits, great vapor, it isn't as "pretty" as the pro tank, however the product works as advertised. I am not using anything that can degrade the tank; as pbusardo mentioned, you can use your old vivi nova tanks. Here are a few cons.

1. The threading is not great, it was hard to get the threads started, hopefully that will get easier the more it is used.
    2. The capacity, you can't fill the tank "to the top" due to the design, but the throat hit and vapor are great. I have been using the tank on ego batteries, and a vision slip. The unit did not work well at all with the provari mini when it is "cranked" all the way down. Have to leave some room for air flow....Plus, I got an E4 reading on my provari...
    3. nhaler is the dealer where I purchased the nova tank, regular size for $10. Their shipping was quick, however the BDC was not in a box, and I did not receive extra coils. The one coil that I did receive with the unit was the "newer" 2 hole coil, rather than the original 4 hole that they had problems with, per the pbusardo video. Also, if you want to order the extra coils (5 of them), nhaler charges $13 for them. I did not order the extras, since I thought I would get other coils with the unit. Thats not good, but will use them again, I guess to get coils. The coil that came with my unit was 1.8 ohm. This is what it looks like, think vivi nova without the top coils.....
    aspirevivi.jpg

So, the net of this mini review, the Aspire BDC works great, looks ugly, but it works!

Hope this is helpful to you guys. Be safe!

Vokell

2. grma8

grma8 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Vokell, I am so glad that you gave this a good review also, I watched pbusardo also and ordered one too. It should be here sometime next week. Now I really can't wait to get it.:)

3. fundoodman

fundoodman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Good review, guess the price of the extra coils is where they make up for the cheap initial price. I almost ordered one too, but I really don't want something that ugly sitting on top of any of my mods lol! I'm glad it works great though, I just have to wait until they sex it up a little bit. :nun:

4. _Lee

_Lee Senior Member ECF Veteran

Can you use a standard drip tip? How is the tip removed, screw or pop?

5. Waterfront13

Waterfront13 Full Member

Pop, I just received mine. There great taste and good vapor, but I would like to have had higher ohms on the head. If you chain vape at 4.0 volts you'll get burn taste.

6. Vokell

Standard drip tip, I replaced the one that was sent with the BDC with one of my mine, just pops off.

7. miketk

miketk Full Member

good review

8. Waterfront13

Waterfront13 Full Member

Great review, it looks pretty decent on my k100, trying to upload a pic from my iPhone.

9. Sthur

Sthur Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Good review. Might go pick one up and see what I think. Thanks for heads up on package and no extra coils.

10. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just received my two in the mail today, ordered from the same place as you, and also received it in plastic with no extra heads. Loaded up a tank of Melon Boba and I have to say it is performing quite well. Great Vapor, nice even draw, good TH and nice flavor.

I will say it is not outperforming my Phiniac or my JonBoy Lava Tank, but, it's definitely less work, basically fill it up and vape away, no concern for loading cartos or getting a bad carto. I saw somewhere on FB yesterday that there's already a V2 coming out late Oct early Nov that has a glass tank so you can use whatever juice you like so I will probably hold off on ordering any more heads until that baby is out.

If you're on the fence I'd order it, it seems to be performing quite nicely.

11. hakstraw

hakstraw New Member

I just received my order from NHALER. I got 2 of the Aspire mini Nova style and 1 of the larger one and all 3 came loose in a pouch. I Love the product but I was surprised that they were not in the manufacturer's original box. It seems the manufacturer's box for the larger tank actually comes with 2 extra coils in the box. SO again the price is very good and the tanks work A+ but getting the tanks loose in a pouch was not what I was expecting but i guess that is how they are able to keep the prices very reasonable. I wish they were a little more forthcoming on their web site because I most likely would have ordered the extra coils at the same time. I just wrote NHALER to ask if the coils come in a box or loose in a pouch like the tanks did. To use a word i have not used in a long time I thought shipping out the tanks loose in a pouch was a tad " CHEESY" or is it " CHEESIE" OH WELL the ASPIRE Tanks work great and I will get more

12. Vokell

hakstraw, that was what I thought, no box, no extra coils....I'm glad the tank works great, getting "chinched by nhaler, not so much..for a few dollars more, the pro tank was a nicer set up. the aspire bdc does work well though.....

13. _Lee

_Lee Senior Member ECF Veteran

Better than PT or PT2?

14. mseymour67

mseymour67 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I received mine as well, loose with no extra heads. I loaded it up with boba's bounty, and I don't think it works as well as the Protank. I can't try any other juices as I only received the one head and don't want to cross flavors. I contacted Nhaler, and they said the website said it came as the clearo only....which it doesn't say that...unless they have updated their site since I contacted them. I will wait and see if another vendor gets these in, and will order extra heads at that time. Not happy with the bait and switch at Nhaler....they show a pic of the unit in the OEM box, but ship in a plastic bag.

15. Iron

Iron Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just got the Ego and the Vivi Nova versions. I've been playing around with the smaller one on my Vamo for the last hour or so. Initial impressions? The protanks are more sturdily built, hold more juice, and look better. However, the main thing I look for is vape quality, and it truly blows the protank away in this category, IMHO. Of course it's very subjective. My wife loves the protanks, while I have never been very impressed with them. I put some Ahlusion all VG Smooth Criminal in it, and the flavor and throat hit are great, and I'm making clouds in my kitchen almost as well as my Fogger RBA does. No wicking problems at all so far. I'll be interested to see how long it'll keep working this well.

16. ThereWillBeCubs

ThereWillBeCubs Full Member

Just ordered the Vivi Nova style yesterday after seeing the PBusardo review. Was a little confused at first since the version reviewed by PBusardo came in a box with extra coils. The website must have been updated recently because it DID clearly state that an order quantity of 1 would contain 1 tank and 1 atomizer.

I recently switched from vision mini vivi novas v2.5 to the protank 2, which has been an upgrade for the most part. I was getting used to the 2.5 ohm protank heads and adjusting the voltage accordingly (based on whatever juice I had) so I hope the 1.8 ohm heads are as robust as claimed. It'll be nice to take a break from refilling at half tank volume...

17. Ladiekali

Ladiekali Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

These look exciting.
    But what difference does the bdc give over a bcc

18. veganvap

veganvap Super Member ECF Veteran

^ Bottom Dual Coil
    it has two coils = 2X more dense vapor production than a Bottom Coil Clearomizer (protank). Both are Clearomizers, so I guess you could say the aspire's a BDCC.

19. DebbieF

DebbieF Senior Member ECF Veteran

Just got mine tonight. It's the mini nova version and I'm loving it already. It works great on my spinner and ego-t but I can't seem to get it to work on the iTaste vv v3. Anyone else have a similar issue?

20. Vokell

I contacted nhaler regarding the shipment and coils question, its been five days, didn't hear back from them. The unit works great, but hopefully there will be other vendors for the product in future, so we can get more choices. Not sure I will go back to buy more from nhaler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.