Status
Not open for further replies.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
New design without a chimney section, just a real long coil, 3.5ml, top fill, colored trim rings for the top section, and what looks like a proprietary Delrin drip tip.

Curious to see if they can become relevant in the subohm tank market again after the lackluster reception of the Atlantis 2 and the Tritons, and the intensely good competition these days.

Aspire - Aspire Cleito Tank

5.png

9.png

7.png

Guzz

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Tempe, AZ
I LIKE IT! Rather simple and elegant. The tank should be cheaper than the previous tanks, but I do have a feeling that the cost of the coil might be a bit more. Since there is more metal used the manufacturing.

And actually I don't mind, lately I'm getting exceptional life out my Aspire coils (as long as I don't accidently dry burn them).

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
yeah i saw one of the chinese sites (with a US warehouse) has a contest to win one of these tanks, i think i signed up to win. Seems like it'll be a good vape, looks like a carto tank with nice big slots and probably better coils (low res, more surface area maybe..) if this thing were 12.99 or around there, i'd have no issue paying 2-3/head.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I like the looks of it. Aspire never really fell behind in the game because their Atlantis style coils are compatible in so many different tanks IMO. I used an Atlantis & sold it to pick up an Atlantis 2 when it came out. It's the only sub ohm tank I use. In fact, the only other tank I use at all is a 528 Customs Monster V3. This new aspire tank looks like they drew their design from the monster v3 chuff kit. Now if only they can make a decent RBA without it being an absurd design...

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
I love the marketing spin on this. Lol
Chimney and coil all in one!
Somehow the cartomizer has come full circle, to be a game changer. Still looks like a disaster to change out the carto while there's juice in the tank, though.

Not sure I categorize the coil change as a disaster, taking off the top cap and pouring into your bottle doesn't seem all that dramatic to me.

According to the early reports it's a flavor monster, hopefully the RBA base will do the same.

Reactions: eLicky

BlownFuze

Jan 19, 2014
Orlando, FL
Cartos have always had decent flavor - they had other issues here and there, that made them an occasional pita.
As far as changing out a carto... just pouring your remaining juice back into the bottle (provided you're using a bottle that makes that easy), doesn't negate the seepage that happens. It is a messy task compared to flipping a tank to swap coils.

Not sure how there will be an RBA base either. Unless they plan on making it with a chimney too? That seems a bit complicated for a carto tank.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
Agreed…having access to your coil or build deck without draining is nice, it's always a little messy trying to save juice, but not having the leave it in the tank feature isn't a deal breaker for me.

I'm very curious about the RBA deck as well, it's what I would primarily use…I hope they nail it, I really like the plain and simple tanks will a smaller stature like the Goblin mini or Pico RTA's.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    With all the holes it should flow all the popular vg liquids fine, a problem with cartos. I'm wondering about the removable top cap, some of the first tanks had that and it usually ended up flooding the coils upon reinstallation.
    I'll purchase this if the coil is able to be dry burned. Otherwise I don't see an advantage enough for the 5x price difference.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2013
    Alabama
    I don't know if I'd call that cubis a direct competitor to a carto tank, but based on Matt's assessment of the vape style (restrictive lung hit at lower wattage) - it looks like a potential winner for my lady. :)

Well, they both have a similar design in the sense of the chimney and how the coil. As for "carto tanks" pretty much every subohm tank since the original Atlantis is a carto tank. The vertical coil with all that filler material is basically a copy of the old cartomizer.

The Cleito probably gives more clouds, but I just like the idea of a totally leak-proof tank (at least leak proof from the bottom) better. I can probably rebuild the Cubis coils to perform a bit better than stock anyway. I have one in the mail and am anxious to try it out. I am just tired of the leaking from all my other tanks (it's not much, but if left overnight, my mod gets sticky).

caboog78

ECF Veteran
    Apr 4, 2015
    Northwest, USA
    My local shop had these come in the other day, and I picked one up as an impulse buy. I normally go with rebuildables, but I like having a tank that does premade coils because life, uh, finds a way. I've put about half a dozen tanks worth through it so far.

Set to wide open, this is a lung hitter's dream come true, especially with the stock drip tip. I tend to have it about 1/3rd open, as I prefer a tighter, restricted lung hit style. I've only used the .4 ohm coil and keep it around 44 watts. No problems wicking high VG juice, top fill is nice and easy, haven't had any leaking thus far. Keeps up at at higher wattages as well, I took it up to 55 just for funnsies and it worked well, though hotter than I prefer unless I open the air flow up more.

I do not like the way they did the drip tip, but I prefer smaller diameter drip tips in general. I'll be digging through my spares to find one that lines up nicely with the top, for aesthetic reasons. Swapping coils will need to happen with an empty tank, otherwise it looks like leak city (note: have not tested this out, just going off what I can see). If this was my only tank, or if it was a higher resistance coil and didn't go through juice as quickly, it would be more of an issue. As it stands now, it's not a deal breaker for me. If/when the RTA section comes out, I'll just hope it is easy to get the wicking right so I won't have to futz with it too much :)

Overall build quality is quite nice, threads are all smooth and removing the top cap for filling is nice and easy. For the price (I think I paid about $30) I am happy with it. If any one has questions about it, feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to answer them

Momtodavid

Jan 4, 2014
    Florida
    My local shop had these come in the other day, and I picked one up as an impulse buy. I normally go with rebuildables, but I like having a tank that does premade coils because life, uh, finds a way. I've put about half a dozen tanks worth through it so far.

Set to wide open, this is a lung hitter's dream come true, especially with the stock drip tip. I tend to have it about 1/3rd open, as I prefer a tighter, restricted lung hit style. I've only used the .4 ohm coil and keep it around 44 watts. No problems wicking high VG juice, top fill is nice and easy, haven't had any leaking thus far. Keeps up at at higher wattages as well, I took it up to 55 just for funnsies and it worked well, though hotter than I prefer unless I open the air flow up more.

I do not like the way they did the drip tip, but I prefer smaller diameter drip tips in general. I'll be digging through my spares to find one that lines up nicely with the top, for aesthetic reasons. Swapping coils will need to happen with an empty tank, otherwise it looks like leak city (note: have not tested this out, just going off what I can see). If this was my only tank, or if it was a higher resistance coil and didn't go through juice as quickly, it would be more of an issue. As it stands now, it's not a deal breaker for me. If/when the RTA section comes out, I'll just hope it is easy to get the wicking right so I won't have to futz with it too much :)

Overall build quality is quite nice, threads are all smooth and removing the top cap for filling is nice and easy. For the price (I think I paid about $30) I am happy with it. If any one has questions about it, feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to answer them

I just got one about a month ago, and loved it at first. The leaking thing while filling has turned me off a bit. I know that I could fill it when it's empty, but sometimes that's easier said than done. I like the ability to top it off if I'm heading out for the day, and this is truly a hassle. Have you found a way to fill without, or even minimal leaking? Other than that I love the tank. I have always used Aspire tanks until now. Unfortunately this one made me go purchase a different brand.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread