Not open for further replies.

InfernoOrangeSS

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Pelham, AL
Hello all!
Just a quick question about the Aspire ET-S BDC clearomizer. I just picked up 2 of these from my local vape shop. I had been using the I16 clearomizers, but wanted to try something different. Anyone out there who regularly uses these, can you let me know if there is anything I should be on the look out for as far as negatives of the clearomizer? (Also, this will be my first foray into glass clearomizers. Are they fairly sturdy? I almost have never dropped my equipment, but from time to time, I have knocked over my MVP2 or VV3. Would this damage the glass?)
I am going to be using them with my iTaste MVP2 and iTaste VV3. I vape Want2Vape's Mystical Menthol.
Thank you for any advice/info you can share!

Reactions: Tmebs

EvilPlots

Jul 23, 2015
Seems to be the consensus that I should change out the BDCs for BVCs. I will be looking into picking up some of the BVCs to use in my ET-S.

My Beyond Vape Silo Lite came with the same BDC coil as these, changing to a BVC really did make a huge difference in vapor production and taste.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
My mom is using 4 of 6 I used/ bought over a year ago. I only ever broke one, dropped on rocks in my yard from waist high. The other 1 I gave away to a friend.
My mom is also using 2 VV's and 2 20W isticks.

The only advise/ info I can help you with is the bdc coils are happy with lower watts it seems than the bvc coils. I was using bdc's around 8 watts on a mvp and zmax, but when the bvc coils came out I was pushing the mvp to max 11 watts...started using the zmax more because it topped out at 15w. That was my experience...I loved using them and my mom is happily still using them.
I give them a weekly vodka bath (not coil) and the coils last a long time.

On refills make a habit of checking that the coils are snug and you should be very happy with them.
:toast:

Reactions: EvilPlots

codger59

Nov 21, 2014
NC USA
The only advise/ info I can help you with is the bdc coils are happy with lower watts it seems than the bvc coils.
I'll second that - the BVCs do seem to need a bit more ooomph than BDCs. I've got an ET-S that I swapped in BVCs and I noticed that on the rare occasion I needed to use my EGO batts, the BVC just laughed at the 650mah...the 1100mah barely did it until it got to about half-charge, then it caved as well.
Also - the BVCs don't seem to like high-VG juices. Anything higher than 60%vg, I can tell it has a hard time keeping up.
On the upside - the BVCs way outlast the BDCs...just changed out about after 2.5wks. Was lucky if BDCs lasted more than 2.5 days....:-x
But...with my IStick20 and my 50/50 juice, the ET-S/BVC is a really good clearo...nice vapor and good flavor no matter the juice;)

Reactions: Tmebs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread