Aspire Has just released the new Plato Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Correct, Nautilus/Triton mini are compatible/interchangeable with each other. The Plato, at least as of now, does not accept Atlantis/Triton coils. You may like the .4 ohm cletio coil the Plato takes. I dont have the Cletio but everyone seems to like those coils.

Id give it a try. If you dont like it you could sell it on the classifieds here and get most of your money back.

I'm confused by this. Will the Nautilus Mini coils work in the Plato? If they won't work, I don't think I want one. Thanks in advance.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Nautilus Mini coils work in the Plato. Nautilus Mini and Nautilus use the same coil.

Yay!! Thank you very much! This is all very confusing to me. My most advanced mod to date is the eLeaf iStick 40 with Nauty Mini tank and coils, so all of the features on this thread are wayyyy above my expertise. Knowing I can use the Nauty coils makes me comfortable enough, that at some point, I may be brave enough to actually try TC one day!! A huge advance for me!!

Reactions: Hyperspace

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Yay!! Thank you very much! This is all very confusing to me. My most advanced mod to date is the eLeaf iStick 40 with Nauty Mini tank and coils, so all of the features on this thread are wayyyy above my expertise. Knowing I can use the Nauty coils makes me comfortable enough, that at some point, I may be brave enough to actually try TC one day!! A huge advance for me!!

I think you'll like the Plato a lot. It's my favorite pocket mod. I love how light and small it is. Aspire using aluminum and plastic was a wise choice. It's a lot lighter than other side by side mods that are made out of zinc.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I think you'll like the Plato a lot. It's my favorite pocket mod. I love how light and small it is. Aspire using aluminum and plastic was a wise choice. It's a lot lighter than other side by side mods that are made out of zinc.

Thanks for the scoop. I love light and small. I think I'm going to like this one.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Haven't tried it yet, once my tank is empty I'll check if it fits!

OK I tried the Nauti RBA. It does fit, but you can't thread it all the way in the arrestor thingee, else it's too short to thread in the base. So you'll have to leave some threading at both ends. See the picture I took:

dx1jxv.jpg

This could be a little problematic when unscrewing the coil again, as it could be more tight in the base than in the arrestor thing, so when you screw it out again it can remain in the base instead of comming out. On my try this didn't happen, but I did see some spinning at the arrestor end, so it could have happend. So you have to be carefull with that.

I have now tried: the nautilus coils, the triton mini coils and the Nauti RBA and they all seem to fit, but be carefull with the RBA.
I also tried the included sub-ohm coil, but I didn't see any benefit to that so I'll stick with nauti/triton-mini coils.

Last edited:

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
OK I tried the Nauti RBA. It does fit, but you can't thread it all the way in the arrestor thingee, else it's too short to thread in the base. So you'll have to leave some threading at both ends. See the picture I took:

dx1jxv.jpg

This could be a little problematic when unscrewing the coil again, as it could be more tight in the base than in the arrestor thing, so when you screw it out again it can remain in the base instead of comming out. On my try this didn't happen, but I did see some spinning at the arrestor end, so it could have happend. So you have to be carefull with that.

I have now tried: the nautilus coils, the triton mini coils and the Nauti RBA and they all seem to fit, but be carefull with the RBA.
I also tried the included sub-ohm coil, but I didn't see any benefit to that so I'll stick with nauti/triton-mini coils.

Well Id bet thats why the replaceable coils wont fit correctly for me. Something must have adjusted out of place from the way I was installing the RBA, as that was what I used from the beginning.
See, the RBA fits, removes and vapes great installed (below) but I guess at the cost of screwing up the proper fitment of the replaceable nauti/triton mini coils.
rba1.jpg rba2.jpg
rba1.jpg
rba2.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I just ordered one of these today from MVS. I'm new to vaping, but started out with a Vuse cig-a-like and stopped smoking about 7 months ago (I guess that was vaping, but I can't view it that way). As a chain vaper/user, the cartridges were becoming cost prohibitive. Moved on to a Halo Triton system about a month ago and loved the difference (I really like their Tribeca and Turkish). No comparison to those cartridges, and no desire to chain vape at all. I'm using about 2 ml a day of the 24 mg liquid, compared to I don't know how many mls in those cartridges but two carts a day which are 48 mg solutions. Way more satisfaction vaping even with these little plastic clearomizers and a T2 coil.

Now that I've gotten a little experience and education about vaping (thanks a great deal to this site), I figured it was time to get something a little more advanced than the Triton. As a real MTL user, this seems like a nice fit for me. The positives for me were the replaceable battery, decent fill at 5 ml with a >1 ohm coil, and a small size for carrying around.

I still like the little Triton (got the adapter of Triton to eGo so I can even explore other tanks with the batteries I already have), and given their small fill and easy to change coil, will probably use it to sample different liquids. I'm sure I'll end up with a few units over the next few months, especially with the Deeming regulations coming along, but figure this little Plato will get a lot of use.

Now is the hard part. Waiting for delivery.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
My Plato arrived today! I have to say it's a slick looking device. Setup was dead simple, especially after having watched a few YouTube reviews. I dissembled and reassembled it after a bit of rinsing without a problem, stayed with the 1.8 ohm coil (MTL user), filled it with 5 ml of Halo's Tribeca, and am pleased as anything with it. I have a battery charger arriving tomorrow, so I was still stuck with topping up the included battery (came half charged) but up to a full charge in well under an hour (didn't really time it, probably felt longer than that) with a usb charger, and happy tootling away at 10 watts right now.

I know I'll have to play around to see what the best settings will be, and I know different juices will vape differently, but so far on a first impression it's a hit with me! It's dead simple to fill with a 1 ml dropper, not a drop spilled.

The nice part is how small it really is (have to get some photos), easy to stick in a pocket, and just how nice it feels in your hand. The aluminum case just feels great (I got the grey, so grey metal and black trim) and really gives the impression of a solid build.

I'll have to live with it a while and see how things like battery and coil life are. With my Halo Triton vape pen (with the 2.4 ml plastic tank that's probably a rebranded Kanger) I was using about 2 ml of juice a day. I guess I'll have to see how this one does in comparison. I expect though that with my low wattage needs on the 1.8 coil, my battery life will be great. So far, I'm a happy camper!

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
There's the .4 ohm Clapton coil that comes with the kit, and is an all in one unit with the chimney attached. Replacements are ~$3.50 or less online. You can also use Triton Mini coils in the "standard" chimney, so I guess you can use the Ni Triton mini coil for subohm and TC as well. I know it works with Nautilus and Triton mini coils, which is why I believe the Ni coil should work if you want subohm and TC. Otherwise, it's that Cleito based coil.

Edit: My slow typing. ;) I got mine from MVS as well, along with an extra battery. One day service and no hassle.

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
Just ordered my Plato (MyVaporStore). I'm excited to get it, I haven't had any new vape gear in a very long time. :)

I think this is going to be perfect for when I go to Vegas next month!

OK, got my Plato today. Overall, I really like it! Love the form factor, the looks, flavor and vapor are good.

However, I noticed that when my battery got to about half full, I was getting considerable voltage drop and the vape became very weak. I remembered reading somewhere that the new firmware addressed this issue so I went ahead and installed it.

I put the same battery back in (it was at 3.7v) and the vape was a bit stronger than before, but then I put a fully charged battery in and <BOOM> I was getting massively better hits. The display was still saying the device was delivering the same voltage (4.12v) when it obviously was NOT.

Is this just me (or my batteries)? If not, has anyone found a solution for this massive voltage drop?? This is totally unacceptable in a device these days IMO.

For reference, I am vaping the .4ohm coil at 40 watts.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
OK, got my Plato today. Overall, I really like it! Love the form factor, the looks, flavor and vapor are good.

However, I noticed that when my battery got to about half full, I was getting considerable voltage drop and the vape became very weak. I remembered reading somewhere that the new firmware addressed this issue so I went ahead and installed it.

I put the same battery back in (it was at 3.7v) and the vape was a bit stronger than before, but then I put a fully charged battery in and <BOOM> I was getting massively better hits. The display was still saying the device was delivering the same voltage (4.12v) when it obviously was NOT.

Is this just me (or my batteries)? If not, has anyone found a solution for this massive voltage drop?? This is totally unacceptable in a device these days IMO.

For reference, I am vaping the .4ohm coil at 40 watts.
Mine pretty much dies out when the battery indicator drops to between 1/2 and 1/3. I suspect the indicated voltage and battery meter are falsely reporting values but have not bothered to cross check with a DMM as Mine gets very little use these days. As soon as Aspire chose to Eliminate Ti Mode from Plato in the Firmware Update they released rather than manufacture the Ti coils for it, I lost interest in the device.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread