Aspire Has just released the new Plato Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I like the feeling of the Plato in my hand. It's become my out and about mod. Fits easily in a pocket, holds more than enough juice for a day (with Nauti BVC coils, not the 0.4 ohm one) and doesn't even look like a mod, just an electronic box with a little steel tip, so it's stealthy as well. No leaks at all for me.

BetoMex

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2016
Can I CPR this thread? :D

I've been very happy with my eGrip2 since about 3 months ago.
I used to have a Cleito tank which I LOOOOVED, but my real thing are All-in-ones.
Last week I took a drag from a friends Cleito and man I longed to go back to it, the flavor, and the smooth quiet hit especially... but I remembered about the Plato.

-Anyone knows if Aspire might be working on a Plato 2? I'm not sure if I should wait a bit or go ahead and buy it.
-Does this take the Target CCell coils? I've heard phenomenal things about flavor with ceramic coils.
-Has someone come up with a chimney adaptor to use Cleito Coils? (I know, I'm overstretching LOL).

Do I need this? (Looks at Tpat. hope he's still lurking around this thread).
Maybe Joyetech's Notch Coil is the same flavorwise and I just miss my Cleito out of nostalgia HAHA.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
He is still lurking, but he got frustrated with Aspire for refusing to build TC coils for the Plato and removing Ti TC mode from Plato in a firmware update so they could get me to stop emailing about their availability. Who ever thought a coil company would pass up the opportunity to introduce a TC Coil & make money by selling it to customers. Plato is nice & light & very interesting design that if it was implemented correctly could be awesome, but Aspire lacks interest in doing so & wouldn't hold my breath waiting for version 2. If they didn't field it by 8/8, I would be surprised if they do.

I gave up on it though and barely use it anymore, more on principle than anything else. Constantly have to refill w/ the Plato Cleito style coils as juice slots are so high on coil body. Know I can rebuild them with any wire I choose, but don't use it enough anymore to even need to. I'll pull it off the shelf, dust it off & see what I can do with it in next few weeks, but it will be a while as I have a lot of personal issues to attend to first.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Sorry to open old scars. xD
Putting your (totally valid) Aspire-hate aside... any thoughts on Plato's 0.4 Cleito-style coil vs Notch Coil?
Believe the notch heats much faster due to its construction & provides a more moist & flavorful vape but also spits like a machine gun. So long as you control the spitting with an ASB drip tip I prefer the notch.

Since Plato Cleito Style coils cannot be used in TC, you cannot overpower the coil by applying significantly more wattage than necessary and relying on TC to avoid coil overheating to provide a quick coil preheat so there is a significant ramp up on a cold coil. Cleito style coils provide a more fully atomized, dryer vape that does not provide the same level of flavor as the notch IMHO but allow more airflow for a truer DTL experience. Plato Cleito Style coils are so large and the Juice slots so high on the coil that you effectively get about the same capacity as Egrip2 w/ Notch. Plato is nice, light & pocket friendly, but care must be taken not to spill a drop when filling as juice will get behind the tank & cannot be wiped out & will ooze from mod over time.

It may be possible to use the MTL mini Triton NI200 coils for quick preheat TC vaping but I never tried BTH. Best answers I can give at moment w/o revisiting & doing further testing on a less biased basis now that I am no longer immediately ...... at Aspire for their stupidity.

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Thanks as always Tpat. I'm hunting down a used one in a local facebook vape group. I went to a couple of online stores and find it too expensive for what it offers. The lightness also appeals to me. eGrip2 is basically a weapon! haha.

I'll tread lightly on this, I'm in no hurry as eGrip2 still delivers at full.
Yeah they have inexplicably held their retail value & the explanation for that escapes me when there are so many more capable competitors on the market. Makes no sense what-so-ever.

BetoMex

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2016
Finally got it, and overall like it.
I really missed a smooooooth spitback-less hit.
The extra centimeter (height) compared to the egrip2 doesnt bother me at all.
Build is sturdy, clean, stealthy, and weight is acceptable.
Airflow slot is nice, enough, and teists smoothly.
REFILLING is a dream come true. I can do it with one hand, I can do it in the car on a red light. No drippage, no oily fingers. It's its best feature IMHO.

My major "wtf's" are the same as mostly any other users:

-cant use it while usb charging?! What is this? The 1900's?! I might buy a second battery and battery charger and that should take care of it. Hopefully an upgrade can take care of that in the near future.

-the wasted eliquid below the coils clots. Tsk tsk tsk Aspire, what were you thinking?

-0.4 cleito coil availability. No one sells it in town, i'll have to order a 5pack to USA.

I'm still waiting to try the triton or whatever, coils, hopefully there's a sub ohm one with decent airflow.

Also, want to try a Vaporesso CCell to see if it fits/works on Plato.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread