Aspire Has just released the new Plato Mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
The idiots actually removed Ti Mode from Plato in this firmware update rather than manufacture Ti coils? Seems we will never see SS support coming.

Are they really that stupid that they are going to cripple the capabilities of the device in pursuit of refusing to take advantage of upscale marketing opportunities they would gain by introducing Ti & ss coils for the device?

They are a coil manufacturer right? Are they ......ed too? Might as well take this pos and throw it in the garbage!

Maybe they'll bring back Ti support when they have the coils for sale.

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
The idiots actually removed Ti Mode from Plato in this firmware update rather than manufacture Ti Coils? Seems we will never see SS support coming.

Are they really that stupid that they are going to cripple the capabilities of the device in pursuit of refusing to take advantage of upscale marketing opportunities they would gain by introducing Ti & ss coils for the device?

They are a coil manufacturer right? Are they ......ed too? Might as well take this pos and throw it in the garbage!
Thats disappointing. I ordered some Ti wire to try in the VVTF RBA. Should have it in a couple days. I guess I can still use it as I havent done the update, but this doesnt bode well for TC users.

Reactions: Tpat591

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
I just put a triton mini 1.8 ohm in my Plato today and it fit fine. They are all the same size, Nautilus 1.8, 1.6, triton mini 1.8, 1.2 , and ni200. I think you may be ......ed if you couldn't install your ni200 coil correctly.
Yeah wish I knew why the top arrestor piece wont screw down as it should but it doesnt. Didnt affect the vape but it was annoying. I must be ......ed though. :confused:

Ron Howard Dawson

Apr 13, 2016
By the looks of that picture you posted, the gap you have between the coil and the upper pinch nut (arrestor) will cause liquid to flow directly into the coil, causing a flood condition. It doesn't look like you had your tank full enough to allow that to happen though. Have you experienced a problem with a flooded coil yet? Also, did you use the TC feature with the Ni200 coil?

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
upload_2016-4-13_2-34-30.png
upload_2016-4-13_2-35-24.png

Last edited:

IgiPit

Oct 18, 2015
Udine (Italy)
WHY AREN'T UPDATES AVAILABLE ON MAC PLATFORM!!!!!!

Sorry for yelling but Mac discrimination in this day and age?

If Joyetech can do it why not Aspire.

May be later in 2016! The answer to your question is very simple: currently (March 2016) windows is installed on 90+% of the world existing pc: Operating system market share

Reactions: Hyperspace

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
By the looks of that picture you posted, the gap you have between the coil and the upper pinch nut (arrestor) will cause liquid to flow directly into the coil, causing a flood condition. It doesn't look like you had your tank full enough to allow that to happen though. Have you experienced a problem with a flooded coil yet? Also, did you use the TC feature with the Ni200 coil?

Yeah I purposely filled below the gap to avoid any flooding. It never flooded and actually vaped fine like that. I was mainly just wanting to test the Ni200 coil. worked fine in the 200-250c range. Flavor wasnt as good as the RBA, but it wasnt bad. Vaped it to empty and removed it and went back to the RBA Ive been using.

When the current tank gets empty Ill figure out why the pinch nut is catching on the top of the coil.

charlzrocks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hamilton, MS
Regarding the "Arrestor" You are supposed to: Remove the drip tip, then unscrew the top of the tank system with either the provided key or a coin. First unscrew the cartridge’s arrestor and then remove the old atomizer. Next tighten the arrestor and then install your new atomizer and rescrew the tank system into the Plato. Now screw on the top of the tank system and replace your drip tip.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Yes, it's in :)
Next to the all time favorite Xvostick:

First impression: it's pretty nice, bit noisy though, also very light compared to my other mods.
Vape is pretty good (just tried the 1.8 nauti coil so far):

iwrjns.jpg

It's the lightest mod I own too and I love that. I can put it in my shirt pocket and it doesn't weigh it down. :cool:

Last edited:
My buddy picked one up about a week and a half ago and is enjoying it. I, personally, think the airflow is a bit too restrictive but it does still produce a pretty good vape. I'd also like to see a dedicated TC coil and I'm pretty certain the Triton Mini Ni200 coil will be even more restrictive than the current dedicated coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread