Aspire Nautilus 2 any information would be much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albany Oregon 541

Apr 23, 2017
I just wanted to ask around about the Nautilus 2 and see how it works for other MTL'so out there. I've been vaping since 2012 & I had to get a new account on ECF but I am a Veteran of vaping so I just wanted some basics on the quality of flavor output, airflow, ease of filling, whether it has any leakage issues etc. I'm old school as far as I've been steadily using my Aspire nautilus 5ml on a Council of Vapor minivolt 40w for about a year. I just ordered a Council of Vapor MegaVolt 80W (Gun Metal black) & I thought that the silver Nautilus 2 would look Dope as .... on my new device, plus I bought like 100 1.8 coils (Clones from China for $60) & I like that they're interchangeable with the nautilus 2; so they won't be wasted.

Reactions: JoeMischief

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
I just wanted to ask around about the Nautilus 2 and see how it works for other MTL'so out there. I've been vaping since 2012 & I had to get a new account on ECF but I am a Veteran of Vaping so I just wanted some basics on the quality of flavor output, airflow, ease of filling, whether it has any leakage issues etc. I'm old school as far as I've been steadily using my Aspire nautilus 5ml on a Council of Vapor minivolt 40w for about a year. I just ordered a Council of Vapor MegaVolt 80W (Gun Metal black) & I thought that the silver Nautilus 2 would look Dope as .... on my new device, plus I bought like 100 1.8 coils (Clones from China for $60) & I like that they're interchangeable with the nautilus 2; so they won't be wasted.
Welcome :)

You may find the thread here helpful : New Aspire Nautilus 2 tank just released!
I've had mine a week now and have had no problems with filling, leakage etc and prefer it over the Triton mini and Nautilus mini.

Reactions: JoeMischief

JoeMischief

Apr 21, 2017
Southsea
I just wanted to ask around about the Nautilus 2 and see how it works for other MTL'so out there. I've been vaping since 2012 & I had to get a new account on ECF but I am a Veteran of Vaping so I just wanted some basics on the quality of flavor output, airflow, ease of filling, whether it has any leakage issues etc. I'm old school as far as I've been steadily using my Aspire nautilus 5ml on a Council of Vapor minivolt 40w for about a year. I just ordered a Council of Vapor MegaVolt 80W (Gun Metal black) & I thought that the silver Nautilus 2 would look Dope as .... on my new device, plus I bought like 100 1.8 coils (Clones from China for $60) & I like that they're interchangeable with the nautilus 2; so they won't be wasted.
If you do give it a try then please let us know how you get on. I have progressed on from the Aspire Pegasus V2 and my trusty Nautilus tanks to something bigger but still have them on the go and have Aspire kit to thank for my ex smoker status. Still sometimes want a bit of MTL occasionally. They will always have a spot in my heart. Sadly TPD have restricted them to 2ml and the kit I already have means the spend isn't warranted currently but would love an honest opinion from someone with a similar background as the early reviews seem positive. Thanks.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined. Sorry, not into tanks, 1.8 coils may be the best sane ohm coils for single RDA builds, good buy. Tanks definitely have their place.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Phil Busardo already reviewed it and gave it good ratings, being the coil head is the same as the original Nautilus/Nautilus Mini, which is the actual work horse of the tank, without a good coil a tank will stink big time.

I have 2 already, generally not a firm user of pre-fab coils but for work and out and about the Nautilus Mini and now the Nautilus 2 are my go to tanks. Refilling is a plus, just remove the top bell cap, fill and close back up over the Nautilus Mini filling from the bottom. Coil replacement is a pain if you have juice in the tank, the original was easier, but not bad as I use a syringe to get the liquid. Flavor is just as good as the Nautilus Mini (same coil go figure), vapor production and throat hit are just like my Nautilus Mini. Personal overall score 8.5 of 10 due to the coil change troubles.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I have never used to original or mini nautilus, but I have 2 of the nautilus 2s. I use the 1.8ohm coils. I'm exclusively MTL at low wattage.

The naut 2 vapes fine, much like other MTL tanks I'm used to...maybe a little better. However, 2 mil is very small capacity for me. I find it pretty messy when filling. I have also had the coil stick with the top when unscrewing (coming out of the base) a couple of times.

The naut 2 is attractive for out and about but I doubt I will order more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread