Aspire Nautilus BDC /BVC Coils Interchangeable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~*Dharma*~

Jun 23, 2015
Sunny Florida
Hi everyone,

I currently own an Aspire Nautilus Mini and love it. I'm going to purchase the Nautilus for a larger tank size. I've found a hell of a deal, however, this Nautilus comes with BDC coils- not the BVC coils. According to my research BDC and BVC coils are interchangeable. Is this correct? Can anyone please confirm or deny this?

Thank you for your time and info,
~*Dharma*~

~*Dharma*~

Jun 23, 2015
Sunny Florida
Yes, they are interchangeable but the BVC's (for Nautilus) are much better.

Sounds like the Nautilus you are looking at is older stock. When I bought my Nautilus it too came with BDC's because the BVC's had not yet been introduced.

Okay, great! Thank you. What I thought but wanted to make sure before making the leap and purchasing it. Suspect you're right- it's older stock and why such a great price. Also why I wanted to double check. Don't want to get stuck with a clone, or inferior product (it does have the scratch and check authenticity). I'm also going to buy a pkg. of BVC replacement coils anyhow so was planning on just switching the BDC with a BVC.

Thanks again for your reply and confirmation! Much appreciated.

Reactions: Susan~S

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Yes they're interchangeable. But my advice is get the BVC ones, they cost a bit more but have less issues. There's also two types of BVC's. The newest ones are organic cotton. These ones will have way bigger holes on the sides for the juice to soak in. The BDC's and first type of BVC's will have way smaller holes.

Attachments

• aspirenbvccotton02.jpg
    aspirenbvccotton02.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 32

~*Dharma*~

Jun 23, 2015
Sunny Florida
There's also two types of BVC's. The newest ones are organic cotton. These ones will have way bigger holes on the sides for the juice to soak in. The BDC's and first type of BVC's will have way smaller holes.
Hmmm... I had no idea there are two types of BVC's- organic cotton with larger holes and BVC's with smaller holes. Thank you for pointing this out.

I ordered these last night and just checked the site I ordered from. No mention if organic cotton or not (product description or customer reviews). Uh-oh. The coils I have now are organic cotton (came with tank) so really hope this is what I receive so will have consistency in flavor. Do you know if there are different model numbers for these BVC coils so I can check before opening the package? Decide if I want to keep or send back? Also, thanks for posting the pic. Very helpful for reference.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Hi Dharma.
Check out this link Aspire BVC with Cotton.
I don't see anything about model numbers or anything, but from what I'm reading here, it seems that any new stock authentic aspire BVC coils will have cotton as the wicks. I don't know if this helps you or not, but it's all I've been able to find so far.

~*Dharma*~

Jun 23, 2015
Sunny Florida
Hi Kaezziel,
Thank you for the info and your efforts.

This morning I emailed the company I ordered from asking if the coils are the newer (organic cotton with larger holes) or older version. I haven't received a reply so far. I'm inclined to agree with you- any new stock should be the newer version. So guess I'll just have to wait and see- either a reply from them or wait until they arrive. In case you're curious here's the site I ordered from. No mention of organic cotton.
Aspire Nautilus Bottom Vertical Coil Heads (BVC) - 5 Pack - Rock Bottom Vapes

Reactions: Kaezziel

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya, Dharma. At least it does look like the same box, but I don't know whether or not there was any change to the packaging when they upgraded. All of this new stuff started coming around after I made the switch to rebuildables, so I haven't really bothered with any of it. The Nautilus has always been a good tank though... and all the new sub-tanks sound interesting as well. Just would be a step backwards from what I'm using. I hope everything works out for you and you end up getting the cotton wick coils.

~*Dharma*~

Jun 23, 2015
Sunny Florida
Hi again Kaezziel,

How thoughtful of you to check back in. Thank you! Got my coils and they are the newer version- larger holes, so must have organic cotton as well. Comparing these to the BVC's that came with my Mini they're exactly the same. So looks like I'm in the clear.

Thanks again for your time. Happy vaping!

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Glad to hear it, Dharma!

Sounds like you're all set up for the time being. If you have any other questions, there are tons of really helpful and friendly people around here. Also, I'm on here a lot throughout the week, so you can always send me an IM, PM, Conversation... whatever they're calling it around here now. LOL

Hope to see you around the boards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread