Aspire Nautilus on an Alien 220??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marybratti

Apr 23, 2017
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone out there has tryed a Nautilus on an Alien 220 mod? I am quitting the nasty cigarettes and I like to vape at lower wattage so I can take long pulls mouth to lung. I heard the Aspire tank is great for that. But I was wondering if I can use it on my Alien. Right now I have the big baby beast tank on and I only vape at the highest 40 watts with the .4 coil. Thanks in advance would also appreciate if anyone has any other tank suggestions.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
You might want to look at the Nautilus 2.0. Uses the same coils as the original nautilus, but has top fill which is way easier in my experience (otherwise you have to remove the top from the base and fill from the bottom). The Triton mini is a bit older than the Nauti 2, but is also top fill and uses the same coils.

There is a Nautilus X available that uses its own coils. Folks seem to like the 1.8 ohm coil that can be obtained for it. There is another new player reaching the market and that's the iJoy Elf, also top fill with some nice colors and drip tips if you like that sort of stuff.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I used some mini Nautilus' on my bigger mods for fun not so long ago. They worked. :)
I thought it would be good to revisit the tank after all this time.
t.b.h. I was disappointed.
The original Nautilus is not great in comparison to the latest tanks. It's not worth the price even.... (no, it really isn't worth the price)
If you are going down this route, try the Nautilus 2.
Alternatively, look at other offerings from Joyetech and Eleaf.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Another tank to consider is the uwell crown. There is a crown 2 and a crown 3 that has just come out. But I like the original crown, the crown 2 seemed to have problems and the crown 3 is too new to know. I don't like getting new vape products when they are new. If you wait the company might work out any kinks or you hear people complaining so you know to avoid. Anyway back to the crown tank it produces great flavor with the .5 coils which is what I use MTL. They also have a 1.2 ohm coil I believe if you don't want a subohm. The .5 coil is dual stainless steel which I prefer. It can be used in temperature control mode or wattage whichever you prefer. The coils last at least a month for me and the tank never leaks. I don't even get condensation coming out the airflow slots even. All in all it is a wonderful tank and the best I've used. Also it can be used on your alien mod FYI so good luck and I hope you find a setup you thoroughly enjoy.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
You might want to look at the Nautilus 2.0. Uses the same coils as the original nautilus, but has top fill which is way easier in my experience (otherwise you have to remove the top from the base and fill from the bottom). The Triton mini is a bit older than the Nauti 2, but is also top fill and uses the same coils.

There is a Nautilus X available that uses its own coils. Folks seem to like the 1.8 ohm coil that can be obtained for it. There is another new player reaching the market and that's the iJoy Elf, also top fill with some nice colors and drip tips if you like that sort of stuff.
I second that about the Nautilus 2. One thing I realized is that it's easier and more efficient to take the tank off first to fill, even though it's a top fill. I find it makes it easier to loosen off the top section and when finished filling to tighten it back on. Idk if others do it my way too.

Reactions: Eskie

Marybratti

Apr 23, 2017
Thanks for all your responses. I was
I second that about the Nautilus 2. One thing I realized is that it's easier and more efficient to take the tank off first to fill, even though it's a top fill. I find it makes it easier to loosen off the top section and when finished filling to tighten it back on. Idk if others do it my way too.
So this has been the first day with the alien and it's stock tank big baby beast. I feel this is a very wet vape if you don't fire above 50 watts. I changed out the .4 to the .15 and it's marinating right now. I did go up to 50 w cause I was getting a juice taste in my mouth , not spitting but very moist. I had to take a q tip down the drip tip and was getting juice on it.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Thanks for all your responses. I was

So this has been the first day with the alien and it's stock tank big baby beast. I feel this is a very wet vape if you don't fire above 50 watts. I changed out the .4 to the .15 and it's marinating right now. I did go up to 50 w cause I was getting a juice taste in my mouth , not spitting but very moist. I had to take a q tip down the drip tip and was getting juice on it.

I've had a chance to try out several of the Smok coils including the 0.15 that comes installed and the 0.2 ohm triple whatever they call it, and I find I like the 0.4 ohm coil the best with a decent balance of flavor and juice consumption. I will tell you the experience with any of the Beast coils is nothing like the type of mtl experience any of the tanks mentioned in this thread will provide.

Reactions: ddirtyvapes

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I like to vape at lower wattage so I can take long pulls mouth to lung.
Welcome and glad you joined. Reading between the lines, it sounds that you vape for max flavor.
Your battery is fine but the atomizer coil is where it's at. I vape deep well RDA's. Deep wells are like mini tanks and give the best taste available. Deep wells can be cleaned/new wicked in a minute and be ready for a new juice for the lowest cost. As to portability, air holes (rubber slip rings) and drip tips can be quickly sealed/unsealed to insure no leakage during transport.
(at 1.5-2.0 ohms and power at 6-7 watts. Great flavor)
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Rebuildable Tanks Explained: RBAs vs RDAs vs RTAs vs RDTAs
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
Tanks-I would check out:
The Tron-S, with the CLR coils,the EHpro Kayfun Lite V2, Kayfun V5, and the Subtank Mini with the RBA
re: http://forum...................../t/traveling-clearomizer/76766/6
http://forum...................../t/mouth-to-lung-tanks-damn-it-i-want-one/46836/115

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
Some will disagree, but I always got moist...giggity...vapes on the .15 coil below 75w. The .4 coil really shined for me at 45w, and the flavor and vapor production were better than my other small tanks at similar ohm/watts.

The new Nautilus 2 is an excellent MTL tank as suggested, and would work wonderfully on the Alien. Since you prefer lower wattages, I would definitely check that one out.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The 0.4 ohm coil worked great for me at 40W. These coils have a pretty wide range they can run well in, so there's no hard and fast rule on using them. Play around until you find what works best for you.

As an aside, I mostly build and rarely buy factory coils, but I did end up with a pack of the 0.4 ohm ones after being very happy with them.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Right now I changed from the .4 to the .15 and I uped the watt to 60 with full open air flow and still getting wet hits
some of that may be due to wattage being low for those coils - not all of the juice is actually vaporizing
nautilus option will allow you to run lower wattage (much) and get a good MTL style vape
that whole beast series is essentially designed for DL style vaping and seems to cater more to cloud chasers, to generalize
at some point, if you look at building coils, there are a number of very reasonably prices single coil rtas that would provide a pretty similar or better mtl type vape also - augvape merlin or merlin mini off top of my head... gaia rta would be another - in those cases, you have a good bit more range of control over the coils based on wire used and actual coil build

bottom line - welcome! and howdy

Joakim Langborg

Aug 3, 2017
I'm running a Digiflavor Siren GTA 25mm right now on my alien 220w with around 20watt but use it in TC and 210c (410f). Works really well. It's a MTL RTA even though you can run it as a restricted DL.
3b9854c2d87c423e074978d3ee2323c7.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Reactions: SteveS45

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I'm running a Digiflavor Siren GTA 25mm right now on my alien 220w with around 20watt but use it in TC and 210c (410f). Works really well. It's a MTL RTA even though you can run it as a restricted DL.
3b9854c2d87c423e074978d3ee2323c7.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

I always say it isn't the tool it is who is using it! Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread