Aspire Nautilus Question

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Animosity1719, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Animosity1719

Animosity1719 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aspirations to rebuild the coil with a micro/cotton setup as rip describes on his video, just curious if the head on those atomizers can handle anything lower than 1.6 ohms. Also, i only have a k-100 mech mod for its battery with no kick/kick2 for it, will 1.6ohms with just 3.7volts give me some good vapor production? That only comes out to 8.5 watts(which seems low to reading about people getting 15 to 30+, should i invest in a Kick2 to bring my wattage up to 15? i want to get into RBA's just not ready yet though, want to get my feet wet with my aerotank and nautilus and coil skills. And also could i do possibly a wrap or two less to bring it down to the 1-1.4 ohm range safely? i dont even know why im asking this either b/c i dont know the difference in vapor production/taste/throat hit...lol, i have just seen to many videos and reviews on people sub-ohming and how great it is, so im trying to reach for the clouds here(literally)....any advise would be outstanding for this newbie, thanks for your time.

2. Sthur

Sthur Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Get a rda dripper and a nice 30a battery if you want clouds.

3. Nu2m0dng

Nu2m0dng Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Like Sthur said. it's much easier to build on a RDA than rebuilding a coil head. You're better off getting experience on a RDA first, then move on to rebuilding coil heads

4. retic1959

retic1959 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

A lot of those cloud chasing vids are done with zero nic 100%VG for effect , a waste of time IMO try chasing flavor instead , a good RBA or RDA is an easier build but since you have the Aspire already why don't you go for flavor instead of special effects , unless you have decided you want a hot vape with less flavor from your Aspire going subohm is pointless .

5. MDV39

MDV39 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

coming from someone who has experience rebuilding an aspire nautilus head and a protank head, I would start with a cheap rba. The nautilus heads in particular are a real pain to rebuild and the payoff imo was not worth it.

6. Mad_Dispatcher

Mad_Dispatcher Senior Member ECF Veteran

I bought the Nautilus with the notion that you had...it would be something i could work on rebuilding to hone my skills. That being said...go get yourself an RBA. I said screw it and got a Russian. I had too many failed attemps on the nautilus. The russian on the other hand not only blows away the nautilus (imo) it is super easy to build on.

7. Animosity1719

The trident looks interesting to me, could i start with this?

8. retic1959

retic1959 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

You could but a Russian or Kayfun or their clones will give you the best performance available with an easy build , they just plain work without issues , the convenience of a tank with the flavor of an RDA , they're your best bet IMO .

9. Nightshard

Nightshard Super Member ECF Veteran

The Nautilus with the stock 1.6 coil works just fine with my Nemesis.
    I see no problem lowering the resistance of your rebuilt head, just as long as your mod can handle it.
    My first rebuild was 1.3 and it works just fine.
    It is a tricky rebuild compared to others, so if you don't know what yr doing, I suggest to start with something else.

10. PukYou

PukYou Moved On

I started out on a IGO and it was quite easy. Just make sure to grab a RDA with 3 posts on it. Its easier to dual coil setups with 3 posts. Plus you will get full on flavor!!

11. Animosity1719

thats why i want the trident, plus it looks pretty kewl and have heard so many good reviews about it, i was an electrician for a couple of years before i joined the navy and i have always been a pretty meticulous and tech savy kind of person, not saying i will be amazing my first time up, but i can catch on rather quickly. i dont like the look of the KFL or Russian so i dont want to spend 100$ on something i dont want, if the trident is challenging, then so be it, i WILL make that .... work, besides ill have my nautilus or aerotank to puff on will i figure it out.

12. BeRight

BeRight Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

13. kmack1982

kmack1982 New Member

from experience both tridents suck! a kayfyn lite + or taifun is better then the funky trident hands down

14. Johan1

Johan1 Full Member

I agree with what everyone else is saying just get a cheap rda like an igo w or something it will be easier than rebuilding a coil head plus better flavor and bigger clouds or a helios clone will do it is really easy to do dual and quad coil builds on a helios

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.