Aspire Nautilus Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animosity1719

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Virginia
Aspirations to rebuild the coil with a micro/cotton setup as rip describes on his video, just curious if the head on those atomizers can handle anything lower than 1.6 ohms. Also, i only have a k-100 mech mod for its battery with no kick/kick2 for it, will 1.6ohms with just 3.7volts give me some good vapor production? That only comes out to 8.5 watts(which seems low to reading about people getting 15 to 30+, should i invest in a Kick2 to bring my wattage up to 15? i want to get into rba's just not ready yet though, want to get my feet wet with my aerotank and nautilus and coil skills. And also could i do possibly a wrap or two less to bring it down to the 1-1.4 ohm range safely? i dont even know why im asking this either b/c i dont know the difference in vapor production/taste/throat hit...lol, i have just seen to many videos and reviews on people sub-ohming and how great it is, so im trying to reach for the clouds here(literally)....any advise would be outstanding for this newbie, thanks for your time.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Aspirations to rebuild the coil with a micro/cotton setup as rip describes on his video, just curious if the head on those atomizers can handle anything lower than 1.6 ohms. Also, i only have a k-100 mech mod for its battery with no kick/kick2 for it, will 1.6ohms with just 3.7volts give me some good vapor production? That only comes out to 8.5 watts(which seems low to reading about people getting 15 to 30+, should i invest in a Kick2 to bring my wattage up to 15? i want to get into RBA's just not ready yet though, want to get my feet wet with my aerotank and nautilus and coil skills. And also could i do possibly a wrap or two less to bring it down to the 1-1.4 ohm range safely? i dont even know why im asking this either b/c i dont know the difference in vapor production/taste/throat hit...lol, i have just seen to many videos and reviews on people sub-ohming and how great it is, so im trying to reach for the clouds here(literally)....any advise would be outstanding for this newbie, thanks for your time.
A lot of those cloud chasing vids are done with zero nic 100%VG for effect , a waste of time IMO try chasing flavor instead , a good RBA or RDA is an easier build but since you have the Aspire already why don't you go for flavor instead of special effects , unless you have decided you want a hot vape with less flavor from your Aspire going subohm is pointless .

Mad_Dispatcher

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Seattle Area
I bought the Nautilus with the notion that you had...it would be something i could work on rebuilding to hone my skills. That being said...go get yourself an RBA. I said screw it and got a Russian. I had too many failed attemps on the nautilus. The russian on the other hand not only blows away the nautilus (imo) it is super easy to build on.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
The trident looks interesting to me, could i start with this?
You could but a Russian or Kayfun or their clones will give you the best performance available with an easy build , they just plain work without issues , the convenience of a tank with the flavor of an RDA , they're your best bet IMO .

Nightshard

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2013
Israel
The Nautilus with the stock 1.6 coil works just fine with my Nemesis.
I see no problem lowering the resistance of your rebuilt head, just as long as your mod can handle it.
My first rebuild was 1.3 and it works just fine.
It is a tricky rebuild compared to others, so if you don't know what yr doing, I suggest to start with something else.

Animosity1719

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Virginia
thats why i want the trident, plus it looks pretty kewl and have heard so many good reviews about it, i was an electrician for a couple of years before i joined the navy and i have always been a pretty meticulous and tech savy kind of person, not saying i will be amazing my first time up, but i can catch on rather quickly. i dont like the look of the KFL or Russian so i dont want to spend 100$ on something i dont want, if the trident is challenging, then so be it, i WILL make that .... work, besides ill have my nautilus or aerotank to puff on will i figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread