Aspire nautilus tank review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I ended up with a pair of the Nautilus Mini tanks on the pair of iSticks plus five of the full size 5ml tanks for use on the VTR still in use, The new Smok Guardian Epipe II mod needed a good tank. Two Vamos V5 and V6 plus the Vamo Fire 20w wooden body version of a Vamo added some flavor into the mix! Mix of mods that is! The four Atlantis tanks will each have a home as well on top of a 30w and three 50w mods! I think I got the bases covered this time over last year's mushed up upgrading.

I just open the box and wow this thing is unlike anything out there ! its great it comes with another coil/ glass tank and I bought the 5 pak of replaceable heads as well . So I put it on my new MVP 20 W and at 10 watts it performs like a champ. So far i like the 3rd largest hole Its a good balance of flavor and vapor. I am using Ruthless Rise e juice and it tastes wonderful. Normally i get a hint of flavor and not much else maybe some sweetness. With the other gear I own there is not much flavor this thing is like vaporized wine tasting. Rise is a peach mango papaya flavor i get all of them plus a hint of strawberry and maybe aloe and an earthy green bean flavor . I use to be a wine taster before I gave up alcohol and cigarets and the flavor is what Im after big time its so cool you can taste this stuff like wine this e juice is so great its complex and has notes of all kinds of flavors i cant way to try other flavors but for now its rise time this tank is my new flavor master . Its sort of like dripping only it has a tank . I feel i get more flavor off the nautilus than I do from dripping I get a blast of flavor but there are so many subtleties in there as well hats off to the guys who make this thing its wonderful cant wait to try it with a 1.8 ohm head i prefer higher ohm rating to get better flavor i could careless about clouds . but that part is cool to. well hit me up if you have any flavor tips thanks Remi Love

I ended up with five Nautilus 5ml tanks in use as well as a pair of the Mini tanks being used on a pair of Eleaf iSticks. The Atlantis numbers five as well for the higher wattage mods. Having previously been favoring certain SMOK tanks over Kanger and Vision the latest offerings by Aspire have take front stage here! The Nautilius covers the 10-20w range along with the Mini tanks while the Atlantis runs 20-50w while the SMOK tanks are still run at 7-10w being the max for those.

I have the tanks here matched up for the APV or box mod they happen to be sitting on. The sub ohm tanks aren't bad once you have them on the right hardware simply because they run best at the higher wattages. The Nautilus is the 10-20w champ in that range and the 5ml always helps! since it has taken some time to find anything over 3-3.5ml worth looking at! I've had other 5 and 6ml DCT tanks that sunk at first sight! leaked like sives! And didn't put out much of any vaper!

The five here were put to use fast enough two being on the Vamo V5 and V6 models with one on the Vamo Fire with another on the MVP 20W mod now out as well as the SMOK Guardian E-Pipe II 3-15w mod. That's where the tank looks best on which mod! I added on the extended 510 drip tip for an interesting end result!

SMOK Guardian 2 Epipe Mod.jpg

What was interesting was trying the Atlantis out on the Guardian I mech version seen below the Guardian II VW version just out. Neither tank would be ideal for the mech while only the Nautilus is suitable for the G2 to start with.

I rounded up the first three Nautilus tanks in one shot from three vendors at Amazon one day and got two additional coils plus a replacement glass from one who I later ordered another one off before they umped the price up from $28 to $45! The fifth I found elsewhere without the spare glass but two coils added in as part of an Aspire promo offer. Later I grabbed two Mini tanks for the pair of iSticks in early December not one tank has needed a new coil showing these last longer then seen with any other tank owned so far!

No leaking like seen with a pair of Aerotank Minis and a Mega tank or those old DCT cartimizer tanks I got in Jan 2013! You simply make sure the base is on secure and just a minute to wipe around the outside as well as the air intake holes and you are set to go! The AFC is the only place you will tend to see any ejuice ooze out from after a long vaping session when any leftover ejuice remains in the coil itself. The tank remains sealed air tight. The flavor as well as vapor production is great in the 10-20w range where the wattage meets the design. Some still run them lower however about 7w due to preferences however while the nest performance is in the sweet spot range there. Have to give both series of tanks the 5ml and Mini versions a Grade A mark! :toast:

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
If my Nautilus lays on its side or even at an angle it floods and gurgles. Right now my setups are the Atlantis on the aspire sub ohm battery and a Nautilus on an iTaste vv3. I was running the Nautilus on my MVP2 til the threads gave out when it fell and hit the floor. The Nautilus vv3 combo is very top heavy so it's easier laying it on its side but I can't. I only use the Nautilus while the sub ohm battery is charging because that's all I have to fire the Atlantis. I'm going to try and scrape up the cash to get the new 50w istick when it comes out. It'll be nice having one device that will run all of my tanks with no problems. Also I'll be able to finally run the Nautilus and Atlantis at higher wattages than I can right now. I must say I'm really enjoying this Atlantis. In my opinion the only negatives about it are capacity and it goes through juice like crazy! I understand it's a sub ohm device and that's part of the territory. Aspire is releasing their 5ml tank for the Atlantis this month and I'm going to try and pick one of those up. I think a 5ml Atlantis would be the perfect balance of size and capacity!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I have five Atlantis tanks here as well as five 5ml Nautilus and two Mini tanks. The Atlantis will fire on a 15w VTR but don't expect much. I also tried it out on the mech epipe mod and got some results. For particular I find it seems to run well at 20w for menthols, 25w for coffee capacino, and 30w for berry fruit punch type flavors. A few went higher at 40w and one upto 50w while you wouldn't to run at that constantly.

I bought a couple of Kraigen Atlantis 8ml replacement tanks that seem more like 5ml due to being filled with about half of a 10ml needle bottle. I would say those are good for about 6ml instead and require filling from one of two small screw holes and draining by the same before disasembly. The Aspire 5ml replacement tanks are due out in an another week or so where you can simply remove the base to fill. But for two of the five tanks I ordered the steel mesh covered replacements for the two I would most likely take along with me in the event one hits pavement or a sidewalk while I am not expecting that to be happening in this life time! :oops:

Kat Eyez

ECF Veteran
My Nautilus is AWESOME! Its funny tho bc I get completely different tastes if I use it with it my MVP, but on my eVic & iTaste VV3.0, its spot on. I get the best flavor/taste with my Kanger protank 3 on my mvp... All using the same e juice and basically the same voltage and wattage too. I can't figure out why this is. Im REALLY needing another tank to use with my MVP but don't want to get the exact same as I already have . There's just too many good tanks out there to only limit myself to the same ones over again. I did find a good deal on what I thought was an authentic kanger Protank 2 but turns out it was a clone. Im not familiar with clones or "generic " brands but DAMN, it was awful! Don't hv a clue why, maybe that's the norm and to be expected. Idk. Anyway, any ideas on a good tank considering all of the above?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423207321351.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423207321351.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 86
I've run into that quite often when taking the same tank and moving it around between eGo batteries, a Vision Spinner, the MVP, VTR, previously the Smok Groove II which went, and then finally everything being VW while I still keep the VV batteries onhand.(eGo-C Twists 650, Vision Spinner 1300, eGo-T Twist 1100) The most obvious reason is a change in the amperage between battery and mod, battery to battery, mod to mod, etc.

A reliable pass through type power meter would be needed to see the actual differences since 20w with a 2ohm coil can actually be 19.4w being realized? That was the result seen with the Eleaf LED Ohm and Power meter on top of the 20w iiStick when having that inline between Nautilus and mod. You can use math all day and night but in the real hardware reality something a step up from the Eleaf meter would likely be a bit more accurate.

Kat Eyez

ECF Veteran
I've had my Aspire Nautilus for about a week now. When I fill the tank, it seems to be leaking e-juice through the air holes. I have tightened everything up as much as possible
and it still leaks. What gives? Also, which part are you suppose to "clean in brew"? When do you have to change the coils?

Tks for your help anyone!
Manycats:confused:
I love mine as well, but I too get the that little leakage via air holes sometimes.

When going to refill any of the tanks as a rule I always check to see if the coil loosened up any before putting the base back on. After sitting for a bit after filling one some remaining ejuice in the coil may ooze out and why I wipe the outside as well as blot the air holes a bit to see any excess removed as well as free up the air holes themselves.

Any more ejuice coming with all that done tends to what was left in the coil itself being pushed out by the pressure of the fresh fill which usually isn't much. If you start seeing a lot then the glass section isn't sitting down flush into the seal where a fast loosening and then a firm retightening will tend to take care of that.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Just recently my coils have been unscrewing along with my tank when I go to refill... not sure if it's a physical defect with the threads on this batch of coils or if it's something I'm doing. Anyone had this happen?

Make sure the coil is screwed firmly into the base.

Do not over-tighten the tank section.

Make sure the coil is screwed firmly into the base.

Do not over-tighten the tank section.

Here I use only two fingers namely the thumb and index finger when grabbing the top piece only not wrapping fingers around the diameter to prevent too much torque which could actually fracture the glass section in short period of time. You want the glass to be down snug with just enough pressure to see an effective seal.

Manycats

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2014
Bulyea, Saskatchewan, Canada
I have had my Aspire Nautilus for a while . Decided to use it again after a few months. It worked just find until I installed a new coil and fresh e-juice. It also was very difficult to dismantle the Aspire but after soaking it in hot water it finally came apart. Is it possible I injured it by soaking it? Could be a bad coil? Thanks for any help as I now have dedicated myself to e-cigs only (no more cigs or pipe for me).

The coil was likely gummed up from sitting around unused all that time. A good soak with hot water(some use denture tablets) can help free up old ejuice that's been sitting idle for too long. I have numerous tanks here at times I have to used before I can let them simply sit idle for any lengthy period of time.

With any polycarbon glass tank the ejuice can sludge up over time and act like a glue if left too long. It doesn't hurt the tank but will pinch your fingers at times. This can happen in a matter of days let alone leaving a tank sit idle for weeks or months. One tip for opening stubborn tanks is to use a pair of rubber or vinyl jar openers in order to get a solid grip on the sections. The other if you are running into this a lot would be only fill the tanks you plan to be using within a certain time frame so they never sit unused for too long. A few flavors on a few batteries or mods is common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread