Aspire Nautilus vs Kanger Aerotank Mega & Aerotank Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm having a little better luck again with my Mega. I got a new style 1.5 ohm head and stuffed cotton in the air chamber and so far no leaks or gurgling. The new heads have a single long hole on each side versus 2 small hole on each side.

Any way you could walk through this process, taking some detailed pics along the way? Being a noob and the owner of a brand new Mega dual coil who has already experienced some of the same issues you encountered, I'd be REALLY interested in seeing what you've done.

How loose can you do the airflow on the Aerotank Mini compared to the nautilus?

You're probably the wrong guy to ask this because the one thing I dislike most about my aerotank v1 is the air flow control, it is way too tight and noisy for me compared to what I've quickly gotten used to with the Fogger V4. Even my nautilus is too tight now. I guess you could drill it out even further?

The Aerotank Mega dual coil has a VERY wide air-flow range. Much greater range for both tight mouth hits and long, loose lung pulls. I would guesstimate that setting the Aerotank Mega all the way open probably allows for a full doubling of air flow as compared to the Nautilus set all the way open. That said, I prefer the Nautilus by far. Superior taste, greater vape volume... just an all around fantastic tank/clearo.

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hull, UK
There's a lot of hoopla about the new Nautilus mini coils because they are totally different. They are single vertical coils configured somewhat like a cartomizer and youtube is showing lots of huge success with them. They are supposed to be 100% compatible with the full size Nautilus and thats the direction I would go next if I was you. Just my :2c: :)

You can turn a kanger coil in to a vertical coil if you can build coils yourself, very easy to do and in my opinion an excellent combination with my EMOW Mega with airflow control on my iStick.

Here is how I do it

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ed-kanger-dual-coil-single-vertical-coil.html

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
So I'm going to VapeBash 3 in Rosemont Illinois on April 11th and 12th and I was looking to pick up a new mod an rda maybe a patriot and also the Aspire Nautilus because of all the good reviews and right now I am using kanger protanks. Everyone says how much better the Nautilus is better than the protanks but I just saw PBusardo's latest video on the new Kanger Aerotank Mega & Aerotank Mini right here: A PBusardo Review - The New Kanger AeroTank Mini …: A PBusardo Review - The New Kanger AeroTank Mini & Mega - YouTube and now he is recommending the mega and mini and says how similar in performance the mega is compared to the kayfun. Does any one have any of these or both yet? Any input would help a lot. Idk when the Kanger Aerotank Mega will be out or if it will available at VapeBash 3 but if it is not should I wait for it instead on picking up the Nautilus?

... Sent from my LG G2
I have both Nautilus and Kanger Areotanks I definitely prefer Nautilus because the coils are WAY more reliable then Kanger coils

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
My experience has been that I'm becoming partial to neither. The Nautilus BVC seems to provide better flavor than the Aerotank BDC, but I get a strong metallic aftertaste with the BVC coils. I'm moving toward a preference for Kayfuns and I want to try the new eLeaf Lemo. If I had to choose a tank however, I'd opt for the Aerotank, even with its more muted flavor profile. I just can't get over that metallic taste of the BVCs anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread