Status
Not open for further replies.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Pretty interesting design. I've taken a long break from Aspire, but color me interested. It sounds like it's a firm MTL tank. 1.5 coils

Aspire - Aspire Nautilus X

Preview: Aspire Nautilus X Preview - Vaping360

And really quick view of it:

My only concern is their advertising of 80/20 juice capable. That's all well and good, but I'm willing to bet that MTL folks are more likely to use something closer to 50/50. If it floods and spits, so help me god.

Anyone know any more?

Telmos

May 11, 2016
I started vaping and got the Aspire Cleito right away. It seems I'm not a fan much of sub-ohm since there is a bigger hit of vapor which ends up going to lung and I wanted more of a small mouth puff. I am considering the Aspire Nautilus X tank since I enjoyed the Aspire mini, but does anyone know why most sites refer to the Aspire X as sub-ohm, since its over 1 ohm?

Reactions: drysprocket

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
It looks like it will be a nice MTL tank. Looks like the perfect size for a lot of those small mods coming out now.

eQRHo0R.jpg

bmZYcct.jpg

19RsC3A.jpg

jIBMHxj.jpg

PycRTmS.jpg

I did find this review for it. The video quality isn't great, but it does show the coils and get to check out the size and function. Kinda cool looking little tank.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Tony has his a nice long look at it.

Curious to see what it's priced it. So far looks like $25-$30, which I think is a bit expensive for the simplicity of it, especially since these coils will almost certainly be more expensive than bvc's. But I'm still tempted.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Definitely want to try it myself, but still don't understand why it is considered sub-ohm if its 1.5 Ohms... anyone know?

I'm pretty sure those sites just got it wrong. Everything I'm seeing (found some quick looks in streams today) and everyone is clear that it comes with two 1.5 coils, and say it's strictly made for MTL.

I'm wondering how tight the draw can be..seems like a pretty airy vape. I'm hoping for ability to make like the Endura T18 tightness, without the flooding. That's my dream.

Laurie luo

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2015
I'm pretty sure those sites just got it wrong. Everything I'm seeing (found some quick looks in streams today) and everyone is clear that it comes with two 1.5 coils, and say it's strictly made for MTL.

I'm wondering how tight the draw can be..seems like a pretty airy vape. I'm hoping for ability to make like the Endura T18 tightness, without the flooding. That's my dream.
As far as i know, it is a top fill and top airflow tank, that means it won't leak.

Reactions: drysprocket

SteveElbows

Jul 6, 2015
Midlands, UK
I should be getting my hands on one tomorrow :) I've got this crazy hope about the taste, because the tank resembles the Cleito so strongly in a few respects and I love the taste from the Cleito. Not respects that necessarily have anything at all to do with taste though, so I really won't know till I try.

My main fear is about the temperature the drip tip may reach, or that the nature of the vapour produced isn't my favourite. But its worth a go for me because I've been completely off the icky-sticks for 13+ months now and its all down to mouth to lung for me - I've tried a number of sub ohm tanks and I can get better taste from some of them but I really just don't like direct lung inhaling enough to move on. So for me its not like some youtube etc vapers seem to describe, that MTL is simply for beginners, its for certain where I am staying at and I'm sure I'm not alone. So I don't mind splashing out to get any MTL tank that looks promising.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm definitely MTL as well and can't see moving beyond that so seeing stuff like this is great. The design looks interesting, but I get the feeling the build (2 ml tank, "leakproof" top airflow) was chosen to comply with upcoming regulations, especially in the EU (although not sure it's got a child resistant top).

I guess with that U shaped coil and the chimney essentially built into the coil this won't be up for easy rebuilding, even for a third party RBA design. I do see at least the cost of the factory replacement coils is much in line with other Nautilus coils now.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I should be getting my hands on one tomorrow :) I've got this crazy hope about the taste, because the tank resembles the Cleito so strongly in a few respects and I love the taste from the Cleito. Not respects that necessarily have anything at all to do with taste though, so I really won't know till I try.

My main fear is about the temperature the drip tip may reach, or that the nature of the vapour produced isn't my favourite. But its worth a go for me because I've been completely off the icky-sticks for 13+ months now and its all down to mouth to lung for me - I've tried a number of sub ohm tanks and I can get better taste from some of them but I really just don't like direct lung inhaling enough to move on. So for me its not like some youtube etc vapers seem to describe, that MTL is simply for beginners, its for certain where I am staying at and I'm sure I'm not alone. So I don't mind splashing out to get any MTL tank that looks promising.

Very cool, please do let us know your thoughts on it. And ya, the temperature is my concern as well; I worry that to get the best flavor, we'll have to burn our lips. Ya, I sub ohm finally just a bit, but it's more for fun, and not so much to keep off cigs. So let's hope this thing delivers.

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh

If it's anything like the 1.8 coils the Triton uses it'll be a terrific MTL vape. It's nice to see manufactures getting back to MTl, lower wattage vaping. I still need to use MTL to stay cig free I don't like the way direct lung feels all the time, especially in the morning. I don't need to see more vapor than I did when I smoked.

Reactions: gerrymi

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
Alright, just got a pretty black Aspire Nautilus X today! I'm only on my 2nd tank but thought I'd post some pics and early impressions. It looks very nice and it's very compact. It does remind me of a mini Cleito. I put it on my UD Balrog, but the Nautilus X would also look great on small mods like the Pico, Mini Volt etc. It was very clean, no machine oil, quality is very nice, fittings and threads are butter smooth. The drip tip isn't standard and isn't removable, but it does have a removable Delrin sleeve. The Delrin sleeve fits snug and looks good.

Top cap comes off easily to fill, filling is a breeze. The air control is a thin ring on the top cap, not too loose, not too tight, turns very smooth and the air slot is at the base of the drip tip. This is a true MTL tank, the afc can be turned to get a very restricted draw, but even fully open gives a smooth MTL draw. So far the flavor has been really good. I'll post again after I've vaped on it a little more on it. So far, I'm really liking this Nautilus X!

ax2_zpskplacdkd.jpg

ax8_zps9o8uxqmo.jpg

ax11_zpsjddcbhkd.jpg

ax7_zpsoc4wkbke.jpg

ax5_zpsbm1ultp7.jpg

ax3_zps63zraemy.jpg

ax9_zpshbygkjbc.jpg

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Alright, just got a pretty black Aspire Nautilus X today! I'm only on my 2nd tank but thought I'd post some pics and early impressions. It looks very nice and it's very compact. It does remind me of a mini Cleito. I put it on my UD Balrog, but the Nautilus X would also look great on small mods like the Pico, Mini Volt etc. It was very clean, no machine oil, quality is very nice, fittings and threads are butter smooth. The drip tip isn't standard and isn't removable, but it does have a removable Delrin sleeve. The Delrin sleeve fits snug and looks good.

Top cap comes off easily to fill, filling is a breeze. The air control is a thin ring on the top cap, not too loose, not too tight, turns very smooth and the air slot is at the base of the drip tip. This is a true MTL tank, the afc can be turned to get a very restricted draw, but even fully open gives a smooth MTL draw. So far the flavor has been really good. I'll post again after I've vaped on it a little more on it. So far, I'm really liking this Nautilus X!

ax2_zpskplacdkd.jpg

ax8_zps9o8uxqmo.jpg

ax11_zpsjddcbhkd.jpg

ax7_zpsoc4wkbke.jpg

ax5_zpsbm1ultp7.jpg

ax3_zps63zraemy.jpg

ax9_zpshbygkjbc.jpg

Great stuff thanks. Would love to hear your thoughts on the warmth of it, and also if there is any spitting with various VG/PG ratios. Keep us updated.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen

ax2_zpskplacdkd.jpg

ax8_zps9o8uxqmo.jpg

ax11_zpsjddcbhkd.jpg

ax7_zpsoc4wkbke.jpg

ax5_zpsbm1ultp7.jpg

ax3_zps63zraemy.jpg

ax9_zpshbygkjbc.jpg

Since you have a Balrog, do you also have the Rosary tank that came with the kit? And if so which tank do you like better the Nauti X or the Rosary??
Could you also perhaps post a pic of both next to each other (if you have the rosary tank ofcourse :) ) to see which is taller (or measure them :)

I'm in doubt between these two:
- Rosary seems to have a few pro's: cheaper, more types of different coils available, more airflow control......but I'm unsure how good the coils of the Rosary really are
- The Nauti however also has a few pro's: I like the looks of this Nauti X better, and I wonder if the U-tube thingee is indeed an improvement over the normal coils, and also the top airflow which prevents a major source of leaking seems a pro for the Nauti.........
So if you have the Rosay I'm very interested in a small comparison...

Reactions: Roadtrip635

godofmods

Jun 23, 2015
Since you have a Balrog, do you also have the Rosary tank that came with the kit? And if so which tank do you like better the Nauti X or the Rosary??
Could you also perhaps post a pic of both next to each other (if you have the rosary tank ofcourse :) ) to see which is taller (or measure them :)

I'm in doubt between these two:
- Rosary seems to have a few pro's: cheaper, more types of different coils available, more airflow control......but I'm unsure how good the coils of the Rosary really are
- The Nauti however also has a few pro's: I like the looks of this Nauti X better, and I wonder if the U-tube thingee is indeed an improvement over the normal coils, and also the top airflow which prevents a major source of leaking seems a pro for the Nauti.........
So if you have the Rosay I'm very interested in a small comparison...
Erm you can't really compare the two tanks. One is a sub ohm tank and the other is a MTL tank. It's like comparing a dripper to a cigalike

I hate "cloud Bros"

Reactions: Laurie luo

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Erm you can't really compare the two tanks. One is a sub ohm tank and the other is a MTL tank. It's like comparing a dripper to a cigalike

I hate "cloud Bros"

Well there are actually 1.8ohm coils for the Rosary and several reviewers stated you can MTL if you close the air almost completly down......so I am interested in a comparison :)

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
That looks really nice. Can't wait to hear more about your experience with it. How is the draw with that U shaped chimney? Is it fairly tight?
This is definitely for MTL. With the airflow wide open, it has about the same airflow as the medium airhole of the Kanger Subtank Mini. You can close the hole and get it as tight a draw as you want. The AFC is smooth and has just the right amount of resistance.

Great stuff thanks. Would love to hear your thoughts on the warmth of it, and also if there is any spitting with various VG/PG ratios. Keep us updated.
I started with a couple tanks of 70vg juice (caramel apple) and thanks to the large wicking holes, it wicked very well, no dry hits and kept up even when chain vaping. I then put in some 50/50 juice (rum tobacco), same thing, no dry hits and kept up even when chain vaping.

I've had zero spitback, the chamber leading to the drip tip is slightly offset, so that may attribute to that. The 1.5 ohm coil is rated for 14-22 watts and I tested that range and it performed well. The tank was getting warm during chain vaping at 22 watts but not overly hot. The vape was warm but not uncomfortable, for me the sweet spot was 17-19 watts, a nice warm flavorful vape. It took about a quarter to half of the tank for the new coil to break in, but it's been great after that.

So far, I dig this little guy. The build quality is very nice, all the connections and overall feel of the tank is great. I'm also impressed with the coil, the flavor is good, airflow is smooth with the Top-only airflow and surprised it handled the 70%vg as easily as it did.

I got this from Heaven Gifts and really appreciate them letting me test it out and give my feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread