Aspire Nautilus X tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
No, I get real long life out of my N-X coils and last order was the 1.5Ω coils because they did not have the 1.8Ω coils. The 1.8Ω are intriguing because of all the comments I have read here but with my Nautilus Mini I have been using the 1.6Ω coils instead of the 1.8Ω.

Tip: For better life out of Nautilus BVC or U-Tech coils keep drawing when releasing the fire button. This pulls e-Liquid in to cool and prime the coils for next hit. Works for me!

open

I have been vaping with Nautilus X for a few weeks. During the initial few days of use I found that the Coils keep on burning out after just a day of use. Oh BTW I switched from Nautilus in searching for a tank that can handle MAX VG juice better.

After a few days of frustration, I think I finally found the issue. It seemed that my Yihi SX350 chip is heating up the coils too quickly therefore producing burning ( I don't add sweetener or double flavor shot). When I use the MOD with the nugget, the "pre-heating" of the coil and the slow firing seemed to tame down the coil burn-out. Of course, the combo 4 ML tank and the nugget is just about the sleekest mini vaping machine to carry comfortably around town. Can't ask for anything better.

I also ordered the 4 Flex power kit from Slowtech. I am currently experimenting with different coils builds and drip tips. I will report back in a few days.

Of course, that led me down the path of searching for a perfect atomizer for MAX VG Juice. As a MTL vaper, I never though I would need to venture down the sub-ohm path. but after 3+ years of vaping here we are. I order a black one with .4 ohm coils. Since i was a DYI Evolv and Yihi mod maker for 3 years, I can finally get to use the power of my SX350. After a few days of vaping, I found the perfect combo for the Cleito as a MTL vaper. I had to ended up ordering a $13 glass drip tip, the one stocked with Cleito is just too big for my liking. With the 0.4 ohm coil, I am comfortably vaping at 17 to 19 watts.

Summary -

(1) Even though the Cleito can probably vape crude oil with enough power (especially with the 120 watt new release), I found that the mixture of vapor and air is the best for MTL if you cut the down the juice a little bit. Not wanting to keep two mixture of juices around, I will start ordering 70/30 juice which would be perfect for both the Cleito and the Nautilus X.

(2) I am currently using 6 mg nicotine Juice. I found, with the Cleito, just a few puffs is enough to keep me bugged eyes for hours at work. Even though, it is certainly a different experience, I think I will cut the nicotine down to 3mg just to feel "normal". Of course, I will be vaping my 3 mg juice on my Nautilus X also.

Oh, BTW,I also ordered a RTDA kit for my Cleito. The idea is to build coil/MOD combo where the wattage can be consistent with my Nautilus X usage so I won't have to mess with my five SX350 presets too much as I go from Tank to Tank.

On with chasing the perfect flavor/vapor/cost as a MTL vaper. Happy Vaping !!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B903xpBIMPNLZ2x3VlIxekJsbkE

AgentBob

Sep 1, 2015
Got one last week to replace my Nautilus mini--just wanted to try something new and was sick of filling it from the bottom. Unfortunately, it's been a big disappointment.

I vape at pretty low wattage, so I expect what comes with that. But compared to the mini, the flavor is notably inferior. The bigger issue though is the mouthpiece. Even vaping at 11 or 12 watts, the tiny, thin drip tip immediately gets too hot. As in, two or three hits and it starts burning my lips. Which means it's effectively unusable. Switched back to my Nautilus mini and I don't expect to use the X again.

RedRobin

Aug 18, 2016
Got one last week to replace my Nautilus mini--just wanted to try something new and was sick of filling it from the bottom. Unfortunately, it's been a big disappointment.

I vape at pretty low wattage, so I expect what comes with that. But compared to the mini, the flavor is notably inferior. The bigger issue though is the mouthpiece. Even vaping at 11 or 12 watts, the tiny, thin drip tip immediately gets too hot. As in, two or three hits and it starts burning my lips. Which means it's effectively unusable. Switched back to my Nautilus mini and I don't expect to use the X again.
You should get the clearomizer, l vape low too and with this you can, plus much better flavor. AgentBob you be much happier and it's not expensive

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
I hated the Nautilus X drip tip, so l went to my local vape shop and bought the Aspire ce-bvc clearomizer 1.8. I luv it!

Nothing like that little inexpensive thing- as long as your coils are BVC not BDC.
I hated the nautilus x. I vaped on it for an evening and put it in the drawer. Less than a week later, I try it one last time, and now it's one of my favorites. I've vaped it at 25 watts, 20 watts, and 17 watts. All great. I M-L vape and this lets me take a nice lung vape when I feel like one. Let the atty soak for 2 days or so , then play with it. I also added a 14 mm tip and can stick my 510 tips in it. nautilus x has their own size'

Reactions: Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Nothing like that little inexpensive thing- as long as your coils are BVC not BDC.
I hated the nautilus x. I vaped on it for an evening and put it in the drawer. Less than a week later, I try it one last time, and now it's one of my favorites. I've vaped it at 25 watts, 20 watts, and 17 watts. All great. I M-L vape and this lets me take a nice lung vape when I feel like one. Let the atty soak for 2 days or so , then play with it. I also added a 14 mm tip and can stick my 510 tips in it. nautilus x has their own size'
Link PLEASE :rolleyes:

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Well, the 1.8s arrived and I've been using the tank all day. Gotta say, the 1.8s make all the difference in the world. Now I'm getting a decent cloud volume (for MTL), reasonable flavor, and it's not making me cough due to excessive heat. Nice, I think I like the Nautilus X, now.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
Well, the 1.8s arrived and I've been using the tank all day. Gotta say, the 1.8s make all the difference in the world. Now I'm getting a decent cloud volume (for MTL), reasonable flavor, and it's not making me cough due to excessive heat. Nice, I think I like the Nautilus X, now.

$4.18 Acrylic 510 Drip Tip for Aspire Nautilus X Clearomizer (6 Pieces) 6-pack - 14mm / ships one of each color at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
That's the tip. Then my regular tips fit right in the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread