Aspire Nautilus X tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Hi,

Since I'm just a 2 month (+/-) vaper the Nautilus X is the only atomizer I have used (and a K1 Aspie Pen which has been carefully and respectfully kept in a drawer). I bought some 4 ml adapters and tried one (with the 1.5ohm coil and at 14 watt range), here are my opinions:

1) The tank feels more fragile because of the length of the glass.
2) The coil and the extension keep in place when refilling, so that's very good.
3) I had to fully open the air flow control. With the regular Nautilus X version I usually use just a half-opening, maybe 2/3's
4) Cooler vapour and less density

I do like it, but my guess is that the best flavour and vapour production are obtained from the 2ml version.

Reactions: Eselfi

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
Hm not sure. I have the 1.8 coils and other than the cooler vape (with the 4ml tank) mine has been same vapor production and same flavor etc. I'm running mine at about 11.6 watts and it seems just as good as my short tank. But who knows. I run it on an istick Pico. I still only have mine half open like I did before. That's strange.

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Hm not sure. I have the 1.8 coils and other than the cooler vape (with the 4ml tank) mine has been same vapor production and same flavor etc. I'm running mine at about 11.6 watts and it seems just as good as my short tank. But who knows. I run it on an istick Pico. I still only have mine half open like I did before. That's strange.
Thank you Clo, maybe its the coil I'm using. I'll try with a new one ...

Haven't been able to get the 1.8 ohm ones :(

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Hi folks,
I've been enjoying my Nauti X since getting the 4ml extension/1.8 coils (thanks @Clo !). Thing is, all of a sudden, every time I unscrew the top to refill, the extension/coil is stuck to the top. When I try to take the top cap off, the entire extension and coil come with it. I have to unscrew the top cap from the extension....messy!

What am I doing wrong?

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Hi folks,
I've been enjoying my Nauti X since getting the 4ml extension/1.8 coils (thanks @Clo !). Thing is, all of a sudden, every time I unscrew the top to refill, the extension/coil is stuck to the top. When I try to take the top cap off, the entire extension and coil come with it. I have to unscrew the top cap from the extension....messy!

What am I doing wrong?
Are you taking it apart when it is warm or cold? Try the opposite. Also try to make sure the chimney extension is very snug on the coil (I think I used to use a set of pliers from time to time when I still used that tank) before screwing on the cap just tight enough to make sure it seals.

Reactions: juskiddin

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I never found a need for more that 2ML capacity because first it lasts a good enough amount of time for me and I like to change up flavors often. I wish I could help but when you are using multiple pieces for a chimney the part that is not tightened more will always come apart first. I have that problem with my Pangu Tank sometimes and with it I can remove the drip tip but not with the Nautilus X.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
@Fozzy71 and @SteveS45 ,
Firstly, thank-you both for responding. I don't think I was clear in my problem description...

The problem isn't that the coil and extension are unscrewing from one another, they are remaining screwed together. The problem is when I unscrew the top cap to refill, the coil and extension are still screwed together and as I unscrew the top cap they are stuck to the actual top cap, therefore the coil (while still attached to extension)is unscrewing from its connection and the entire kit is not seated...it's stuck to the top cap.

So, what I have to do is take coil/extension out of the tank, then unscrew it from the top cap. For some reason I am not able to simply unscrew the cap to refill without the 2 pieces (still joined together)sticking to the top cap.

I took it apart this morning to check if perhaps I'm missing an o-ring on the extension where it meets the top cap. Nope, all seems well.

Might take it to the B&M where I bought it and see if they can figure it out. I can still use it, it's just a pain/messy to refill. Top-filling tanks are supposed to be easy, no?

Thanks again. Cheers

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
@Fozzy71 and @SteveS45 ,
Firstly, thank-you both for responding. I don't think I was clear in my problem description...

The problem isn't that the coil and extension are unscrewing from one another, they are remaining screwed together. The problem is when I unscrew the top cap to refill, the coil and extension are still screwed together and as I unscrew the top cap they are stuck to the actual top cap, therefore the coil (while still attached to extension)is unscrewing from its connection and the entire kit is not seated...it's stuck to the top cap.

So, what I have to do is take coil/extension out of the tank, then unscrew it from the top cap. For some reason I am not able to simply unscrew the cap to refill without the 2 pieces (still joined together)sticking to the top cap.

I took it apart this morning to check if perhaps I'm missing an o-ring on the extension where it meets the top cap. Nope, all seems well.

Might take it to the B&M where I bought it and see if they can figure it out. I can still use it, it's just a pain/messy to refill. Top-filling tanks are supposed to be easy, no?

Thanks again. Cheers

Are you using a "sticky" juice?

I have several Nauti X tanks in normal configuration, but the one with the Frosted glass and a watermelon juice is really bad about separation with the rubber bits. Usually, the gasket on the top pulls out of the metal and stays on the glass tank, but sometimes it will take the coil with it as I unscrew the top. It helps a little if I remember to wiggle it as I loosen it to break any unintended seals. This tank/juice combo seems to be the worst for it. My other tanks with clear glass and other juices don't do this.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
@juskiddin yes, the same thing used to happen to me. Some times the coil would stay connected to the chimney (and either then stay connected to the base or the cap) and some times it would stay connected to the base but the chimney would come out with the cap. You need to make sure the coil<>base connection and coil<>chimney connections are screwed together tighter than you screw the top cap to the chimney. It is just the nature of these types of extensions from what I experienced. I haven't used mine in ages but the two naut x I have may be getting a partial second life now that I picked up 2 quad flex power packs if I decide to build them in RDTA mode.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Are you using a "sticky" juice?

I have several Nauti X tanks in normal configuration, but the one with the Frosted glass and a watermelon juice is really bad about separation with the rubber bits. Usually, the gasket on the top pulls out of the metal and stays on the glass tank, but sometimes it will take the coil with it as I unscrew the top. It helps a little if I remember to wiggle it as I loosen it to break any unintended seals. This tank/juice combo seems to be the worst for it. My other tanks with clear glass and other juices don't do this.
Hmm, food for thought. I use Sweet Bourbon with the Nauti X exclusively so it's a bit odd that thus problem arose in the last couple of wks after 2 solid months of use. I'll try your "wiggle" method to see if it helps.

Thanks!

Reactions: cats5365

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
@juskiddin yes, the same thing used to happen to me. Some times the coil would stay connected to the chimney (and either then stay connected to the base or the cap) and some times it would stay connected to the base but the chimney would come out with the cap. You need to make sure the coil<>base connection and coil<>chimney connections are screwed together tighter than you screw the top cap to the chimney. It is just the nature of these types of extensions from what I experienced. I haven't used mine in ages but the two naut x I have may be getting a partial second life now that I picked up 2 quad flex power packs if I decide to build them in RDTA mode.
Great advice! I'll give it a shot. Thanks so much.
Quad flex power packs you say? I was just looking at those yesterday. Let us know what you think.

Thanks again, cheers

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Great advice! I'll give it a shot. Thanks so much.
Quad flex power packs you say? I was just looking at those yesterday. Let us know what you think.

Thanks again, cheers
some of the guys were talking it up in rda, bf rda and rdta mode in the dra round table thread so when I saw them on sale for $6 each black friday I decided to grab a couple. Haven't built it yet but will probably try straight rda mode first. It doesn't look like it will be much fun to refill in rdta mode from what I saw on videos and 2ml capacity doesn't last me long so it's easier to just drip for me.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
some of the guys were talking it up in rda, bf rda and rdta mode in the dra round table thread so when I saw them on sale for $6 each black friday I decided to grab a couple. Haven't built it yet but will probably try straight rda mode first. It doesn't look like it will be much fun to refill in rdta mode from what I saw on videos and 2ml capacity doesn't last me long so it's easier to just drip for me.
I've yet to build a coil (shhhh! :)). I know I'll need to eventually but for some reason I keep putting it off. I've been toying with the idea of the quad flex survival kit in hopes it would be the kick in the pants I need :blink:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I've yet to build a coil (shhhh! :)). I know I'll need to eventually but for some reason I keep putting it off. I've been toying with the idea of the quad flex survival kit in hopes it would be the kick in the pants I need :blink:
If you already have a naut x you can just get the power pack instead of the survival kit for less and use your naut x if u want to build it in rdta mode using the glass and base of your naut x.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread