Aspire Nautilus X tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

msh69

Jul 25, 2016
Just an update: I'm still loving these 1.8 coils. It's really a massive difference between them and the 1.5. I'm finally on my 2nd coil. I think the first one lasted 11 or so days before the flavor started dropping. I probably could have gotten longer out of it, since it just tasted meh, not terrible. I also went through a ton of juice in that time, so I'm at least satisfied with that length of time.

And I got the 4ml extension which has helped a ton with refilling and the warmth. Aside from the faster juice consumption compared to bvc's, I think this tank with the 1.8 coils is far better than any with the BVC coils.

I'm hesitant to say this, since I don't care for Aspire, but these coils and extension have turned this tank into my #1 MTL setup. I've used just about all of the major MTL tanks, and this really is the best at this point in my view. The sad part is...the 1.5's on the standard 2ml it comes with really missed the mark. It can be turned into greatness though.

Ur not referring to the Clapton 1.8 coils, are you?

Im definitely getting the 4ml kit

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
While the T22 looks interesting, I don't see them available at very many locations. The clearomizer, by itself, isn't even listed on the Innokin site. Are you worried about the availability of replacement coils?

Prism tanks are available very easily, MFS, FT, Ebay, etc. and more.....have had no problem getting coils at all. I'm using the T18 tank on my provari. (19mm) but the T22 is bigger, yes.

I am just one of those seemingly rare people who absolutely disliked the nautilus and guess I was surprised it became so popular LOL but there it is.

(actually, I don't like any Aspire products as it turns out).

I can't do bottom fill anymore now that all my tanks are top fill. It's just too easy now
speaking of that I'm on week #4 with my joyetech AIO coil. High vg but light colored liquid w/no sugar / sweetner added. Another top fill coil......

Reactions: Ed_C

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
I tried to read through this whole thread but didn't make it. lol. I bought one of these nautilus X tanks about a month ago and I am not sure what to think. So far I had one coil that was bad, changed it out and only got 6 days on my second coil before the flavor was completely muted and then burnt hits, and now on the third coil. I love the look of this tank on my Pico and I am trying very hard to get on board with it. I am a super huge fan of my nautilus minis and triton minis and my coils last about 3 weeks with those. So far beside the look of it that I love, the ease of refilling the tank is the next biggest pro. I'm just not impressed with the coils so far and I expected better flavor than my nautilus coils/tanks. Hm. o_O

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
So far my third coil I switched to tonight is tasting a bit better than the others. But I just ordered a 5 pack of the 1.8 coils and I will be hopeful that those will work better for me. I do love the look of this tank and the ease of refilling. So I hope this does the trick. Metal taste....yuck not sure about that. I really think I had two bad coils in my pack...might just be a dud.

Eselfi

Sep 16, 2013
Wisconsin, USA
I've been using my aspire nautilus x daily (nothing else) for nearly two months and have only changed the coil 4 times. I vape all day and refill my 2ml tank approx 3 x per day. I've never experienced a metallic taste. Is it possible the taste is coming from the juice you're using? Higher concentration of nicotine maybe?

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

Eselfi

Sep 16, 2013
Wisconsin, USA
Do yourself a favor and try the Endura Prism tank. It's top fill.
I got rid of my nautilus first week I had it, I think they are really *ugly* (on anything) and having to take it off the battery to fill (with that awfully annoying plastic "plug thing" that is there on the bottom) made me hate filling the tank.
My coils is on week 3 as we speak.........
acd601800e9fecc516f512bb33bb0638.jpg

I don't think it's ugly on my Artery Nugget. [emoji106]

msh69

Jul 25, 2016
I've been using my aspire nautilus x daily (nothing else) for nearly two months and have only changed the coil 4 times. I vape all day and refill my 2ml tank approx 3 x per day. I've never experienced a metallic taste. Is it possible the taste is coming from the juice you're using? Higher concentration of nicotine maybe?

Same consumption here, so far so good.
And yes, ur right,The metalic taste could've been from the new juice i used, i switched back to my original juice, and all good now.

Now im thinking twice about the Air50 mod im using, looks great with Nautilus x, but that fire button is big con.

Eselfi

Sep 16, 2013
Wisconsin, USA
Racehorse was referring to the Nautilus mini, not the new X. The Nautilus X is a looker. Nice little rig by the way.
Ah, that explains it. I was like, really? Ugly? Not so! And of course, since mine is so darn pretty, had to share a pic for proof. [emoji6]

Reactions: Ed_C

Eselfi

Sep 16, 2013
Wisconsin, USA
Same consumption here, so far so good.
And yes, ur right,The metalic taste could've been from the new juice i used, i switched back to my original juice, and all good now.

Now im thinking twice about the Air50 mod im using, looks great with Nautilus x, but that fire button is big con.
Had to look up the air50 to see what it looks like. What's the issue you're having with the fire button? Angle?

msh69

Jul 25, 2016
Had to look up the air50 to see what it looks like. What's the issue you're having with the fire button? Angle?

yes, sometimes it doesn't fire,, need a hard press.. I think reviewers were right, its a great mod for beginners, but after time, ull realize some of its cons. Ex; the fire button, it resets ur setting when switching from power mode to TC or BP, and cant vape while charging. But I love the size of it, and how the small Nautilus X looks and fits perfect on it (I posted pics few threads ago).
forgot to mention also the battery life, I vape all day, luckily I have a Kanger that I use while charging the Naut.X.. but that's expected from a small mod.

Na, aspire put out just standard 1.8 coils for the Naut X. Same new design as the 1.5. I think the flavor is even better than the Triton mini clapton ones.

just ordered mine, ill let u know what I think of it once I get it.. thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: drysprocket
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread