Aspire Nautilus X tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
yes, sometimes it doesn't fire,, need a hard press.. I think reviewers were right, its a great mod for beginners, but after time, ull realize some of its cons. Ex; the fire button, it resets ur setting when switching from power mode to TC or BP, and cant vape while charging. But I love the size of it, and how the small Nautilus X looks and fits perfect on it (I posted pics few threads ago).
forgot to mention also the battery life, I vape all day, luckily I have a Kanger that I use while charging the Naut.X.. but that's expected from a small mod.

just ordered mine, ill let u know what I think of it once I get it.. thanks.

I just ordered some too and got my shipping notification this morning so I will also post my thoughts on the 1.8 coils. I want to love my Nautilus X so I am hoping the 1.8 coils accomplish that. I was surprised that I wasn't getting the performance I was expecting when I got it. The wicking holes are huge compared to my Nautilus mini coils (and I am still a loyal lover of my Nautilus minis) so I thought the flavor and everything would be awesome. So my fingers are crossed!

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Can anyone help with what drip tips can be used on the Naut.X ?
im getting the 4ml extension kit with a few colored glas tanks, and would like to change the drip tip.

How would u know which one fits and works? is it the brand? Aspire don't have any other drip tips on their website other than the black one that comes with the tank.

The Nautilus X uses it's own driptip, non other will fit, but Fasttech just released a bunch of other driptip sleeves for the Nauti X....maybe there is one amongst those you'd like. Search for Nautilus X on fasttech and order them by release date, they'll pop up on top

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
So far I am liking the 1.8 coil, definitely getting more flavor. I am going to vape on this for a couple of days and see, but I can definitely tell a difference. I think I like the lower wattage vaping as well. Seems a bit less harsh to me too. WOO HOO. Glad I checked this thread a few days ago! Thanks for the suggestions from those who replied :thumb:

msh69

Jul 25, 2016
So I'v hit the 1 month mark a few days ago vaping with X, the experiance was good to a rookie like me, definitely lacked flavor (comparing it with my Kanger cupti). But, iv been playing around with the watts And the air flow control now, and wow, huge improvement. I used to have my watts set around the 19w (+/- 1w) and airflow wide open, and now; 15-15.5, and airflow a bit less the half way open. Honestly, the flavor improved a lot!

Im waiting for the 4ml kit and the new 1.8 coils that i ordered a few days ago, thx to @drysprocket & @Clo mentioning the flavor improvement with these coils. ill keep updating once i get'em and hopefully for better X vaping.

Cant stop raving about how easy it is to handle the X, and loving the leak-free aspect of it.

msh69

Jul 25, 2016
The Nautilus X uses it's own driptip, non other will fit, but Fasttech just released a bunch of other driptip sleeves for the Nauti X....maybe there is one amongst those you'd like. Search for Nautilus X on fasttech and order them by release date, they'll pop up on top
Thx! I did see them there, and will make an order as soon as i fill my cart for an overseas delivery thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: drugarth

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
I've been vaping a few days now on the 1.8 coils and it is much much better to me than the 1.5 as far as flavor and performance and it is a less harsh hit to me. I vape it at about 11.8w in the morning and bump it up to 12 after awhile and it is lovely. I am feeling much more optimistic about the X tank now :)

Eselfi

Sep 16, 2013
Wisconsin, USA
I've been vaping a few days now on the 1.8 coils and it is much much better to me than the 1.5 as far as flavor and performance and it is a less harsh hit to me. I vape it at about 11.8w in the morning and bump it up to 12 after awhile and it is lovely. I am feeling much more optimistic about the X tank now :)
Can I ask why you start at lower w in the AM and bump higher later? I'm at 15w consistently with 1.8 coil, Nautilus x.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Can I ask why you start at lower w in the AM and bump higher later? I'm at 15w consistently with 1.8 coil, Nautilus x.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

this is where I ran mine when I used it for MTL

I don't always. Sometimes in the morning the higher wattage is a little too harsh and I lower the wattage a bit and it seems better. But usually after a couple of hours I bump it back to 12 with no issue. It also depends on the juice.

I DL now so the x tank is stored away but I go with different juice in the morning that has less throat hit (deadly sin) then switch to other flavors that are less sweet and have more TH later in the day (RY2K).

If you like the X tank I would get a couple more spares and keep 2 in rotation with different juice in each tank if it were me.

Reactions: Eselfi

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
I tend to run my tanks at lower wattages than most people. I just prefer cooler less throat hit. Most of my DIY juice is creamy/custard and pretty smooth (slightly higher VG). I don't turn them down much in the AM. I did order another X which I should get tomorrow or Tuesday. They are so easy to fill etc. I'm so glad the 1.8 coil has made this tank better for me.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
this is where I ran mine when I used it for MTL

I DL now so the x tank is stored away but I go with different juice in the morning that has less throat hit (deadly sin) then switch to other flavors that are less sweet and have more TH later in the day (RY2K).

If you like the X tank I would get a couple more spares and keep 2 in rotation with different juice in each tank if it were me.
I take it the Nautilus X was designed for MTL only?
Just was curious, thx

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I take it the Nautilus X was designed for MTL only?
Just was curious, thx

yes, but wide open you can get a bit of a restricted DL vape. It is the tank that made me try some proper DL tanks again and now I am DL convert and all my MTL tanks are stored away. When I started I wanted that cigarette type draw but I don't like it any more. I can get a lot more flavor/vapor and get my nic fix with just a couple big vapes instead of MTL vaping for an extended time.

Reactions: smacksy

Clo

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2015
Tuttle, OK
www.facebook.com
Yep MTL tank! I'm still a dedicated MTL vaper. I've tried DL tanks and I just can't do it. Lol. The 1.8 coils for this nautilus X definitely have more flavor (to me) than the 1.5 coils. But I also still love my nautilus mini's and my triton mini's for MTL but this nautilus X blows them both away for ease of use, and refilling etc.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Yep MTL tank! I'm still a dedicated MTL vaper. I've tried DL tanks and I just can't do it. Lol. The 1.8 coils for this nautilus X definitely have more flavor (to me) than the 1.5 coils. But I also still love my nautilus mini's and my triton mini's for MTL but this nautilus X blows them both away for ease of use, and refilling etc.
I bought a couple DL tanks early on in vaping time and couldn't do it either, but didn't realize the difference in draw style that was needed. Ended up selling them on craigslist for half what I paid for them. Once I had more experience and knowledge and tried it I was hooked. It's not like smoking a cigarette anymore (this is a good thing imo as it makes me even less likely to smoke a .... again) it is much better IME. More flavor, more vapor and fewer hits to get that nic fix. I am actually planning to drop my nic again now from 3mg to 2mg as a result.

Reactions: Roadtrip635

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
That's cool Clo!
When I started vaping I was tootle puffing on a Provari/protank..
About a year later it was the original Nautilus with a 1.8 ohm coil if I remember right.
I still wasn't satisfied and got into mechanical mods and RDA's But today I prefer these high powered VW mods and sub ohm tanks for DL..
Now I'm planning to help my aunt quit smoking and start vaping..she would probly like the new Nautilus X as her first set-up.
500cfee02e519a64150710208697444f.jpg

A pink Provari would be a great gift, don't you think? Thanks for your post. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread