Aspire Nautilus x vs Aspire triton 2/mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
To answer the actual question, the Nautilus X is fairly new and uses a new specific coil. I am not a huge fan of it. The Triton Mini is rock solid IMO and you have the option of using the cheaper Nautilus coils which are available everywhere.

My wife has been using a Triton Mini for months and it never leaks, is easy to refill, has good flavour and coils last a long time. It is much better IME than the full size Triton.

I will be buying a few more Triton Minis if I see them on sale (and I have over 40 tanks).

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Ok ,and Nautilus mini or Triton mini?
I prefer the Triton Mini. Topfill, better airflow range and better built IMO. Both are good tanks, but I prefer the Triton Mini.

The only downside IMO to the Triton Mini is the inability to swap out the drip tip for a standard 510. The drip tip screws on and is removed to fill the tank.

Reactions: David Wolf

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Been wanting to try the Triton myself. @BreSha6869 do you know if the rta for the Triton (regular size I imagine) will work with the mini? This one in particular? Aspire Triton RTA System
Nope. The full size Triton coil is much bigger than the Triton Mini and/or Nautilus BVC. The only RBA that will work in the Triton Mini I know of is the VVTF and it is a disaster to coil/wick. I have two and gave up on it.

Hello,i am looking to buy a new tank for MTL .Which one is the best by your opinions? Thanks a lot for reply!
The Nautilus is great for regulated vaping with coils around 1.8 ohms but no good for sub ohm vaping. It doesn't use sub ohm coils. The Atlantis is a great sub ohm tank. They both have been around awhile so you can't get them fairly cheep.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I prefer the Triton Mini. Topfill, better airflow range and better built IMO. Both are good tanks, but I prefer the Triton Mini.

The only downside IMO to the Triton Mini is the inability to swap out the drip tip for a standard 510. The drip tip screws on and is removed to fill the tank.
Just pull on the top part of your Triton mini drip tip and it will come right out, then insert your favorite 510 drip tip. Only the bottom half screws on :)

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Just pull on the top part of your Triton mini drip tip and it will come right out, then insert your favorite 510 drip tip. Only the bottom half screws on :)
Thanks David. I was trying to pull right from the bottom of the drip tip. Seems that the drip tip comes off 1/2 way up.

I just showed my wife and she said "meh, I am used to them as they are after using them for 6 months".:-x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread