Aspire-Pegasus 70W TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambreau21

Reviewer / Blogger
Jan 31, 2016
lambreaublog.wordpress.com
First impression “This mod absolutely sleek, elegant and stunning.” I have the brushed chrome model but can only suspect the brass and slate look just as classy. That’s how I feel when I am vaping on this mod, just classy. With the brushed steel I really thought the exterior would get scratched and fingerprints would riddle this thing but after 2-3 weeks I don’t have a scuff and prints are minimal as long as you keep your hands free from juice and pizza. The screen is big with bright green/blue script that makes it easy to see even for those who may need some reading glasses. Speaking of the screen I love that it switches orientation based on which way you are holding it (no buttons to click to switch back and forth). The fire button has a soft click but is sturdy and is pretty big for an easy coil blast. USB charge port can be found on the front of the mod for easy access and allows it to charge while standing.

The pegasus tried to be a little different and use a scroll wheel to give it a unique asset and it turns out that I love it and I hate it. It’s in an easy position to make changing your wattage very easily, which is very convenient to just take your thumb or finger and increase or decrease to ideal number with a small roll. The thing I find inconvenient is how finicky the scroll wheel can be. Sometimes I can be going up and down by single digits and then it will decide to jump by tens regardless of speed of turning. Also you can only increase/decrease wattage by whole numbers that may cause some of you superstitious vapors a little anxiety. While mentioning the accuracy of numbers reading I should mention that the Ohm reader reads to the hundredth, compared to most, which read to the tenth. I loved this accuracy and it made me quite excited when picking my perfect wattage to vape at.

The 70W variable settings allow for you to use a wonderful array of atomizers as well as the temp control to pick your perfect style of coil. Versatility is very well afforded with this mod and packs out enough power to keep you busy with builds. The TC works great with the Ni-200 and I put it right around 425 and never had a burnt hit. I cannot comment on the Ti because I have yet to try it.

The weight was a concern at first because I thought it was pretty heavy. I realized it really wasn’t the weight of the Pegausus but was because of used I was to how light my Subox Mini was. I have come to love the heftiness of the Pegasus the more I use it. I like to keep this one roaming around the house or if I have to make some quick trips because it is easy to slip into the pocket and fits great in your hand. It is not as ergonomic as my Subox Mini but I have a little larger hands so this fits it slightly better. The weight can probably be attributed to the heavy-duty base component to the mod. It looks like it could withstand a good drop on its bottom and be un-phased. This also is where the door that houses the battery is and I find it very easy to use and convenient. No magnets or rattling noises to worry about. Just an easy slip and unlock of the door and you can slip the battery in and out (uses single 18650 battery). I have never had it catch anything or open unexpectedly; the edges are very tightfitting and smooth.

Another small downfall is that you cannot turn this mod off without taking the battery out. The screen will automatically turn off after 1min of not being used but you are not able to shut it down completely. You can lock the device (no fire or watt change) with 5 clicks of the fire button, which is a nice feature if you are throwing in something to take with you for travels. I just fear that if the fire button is getting hit continuously it may still drain the battery (no studies on this were conducted).

Overall I would definitely suggest picking one of these up if you are looking for an affordable option that has TC and variable wattage up to 70W. There is a lot of versatility that can be had with atomizers and really is a great device for those taking building to the next level.

Pros:
Sleek finish
Large screen that auto-orients
Heavy duty
Convenient Battery door
Temp Controlled
Ohms read to the hundredths place
Long USB charging cord included

Cons:
Cannot shut down
Touchy wheel scroll
Wattage only goes up by whole numbers (personal preference)
Can be heavy and large to some users
Not ergonomically correct to fit hand
Charging dock not included
IMG_0390.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread