Aspire Pockex - No suction / blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basujit

Feb 12, 2017
Hi.
I just bought an Aspire Pockex and there seems to be no suction when I try to vape. It seems to be blocked as if there was vacuum in the mechanism. I have tried it with both the coils that came in the box and its the same result. Any ideas or suggestions what might be wrong.
I have checked and it seems to be the authentic product.

Its making my new vaping experience a sour one. Would appreciate advice on whats wrong.

Basujit

Feb 12, 2017
Both coils were primed before using. However, does that cause suction problems. Even with no juice in the tank and a brand new coil when I tried there wasnt any suction possible. I have checked through the top cap assembly but cant seem to find anything that could be blocking something.
Could both coils be bad? Or is it safe to assume something wrong with the device. Am thinking of getting some more coils to try out before concluding problems with the device.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Both coils were primed before using. However, does that cause suction problems. Even with no juice in the tank and a brand new coil when I tried there wasnt any suction possible. I have checked through the top cap assembly but cant seem to find anything that could be blocking something.
Could both coils be bad? Or is it safe to assume something wrong with the device. Am thinking of getting some more coils to try out before concluding problems with the device.

I'm giving that a 1/1,000 chance.
The infamous 'bad coil' is more rumor than reality. I've seen/used/bought many hundreds of coils and can count on one hand coils which were defective in some way.
It's something else, it must be.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi.
I just bought an Aspire Pockex and there seems to be no suction when I try to vape. It seems to be blocked as if there was vacuum in the mechanism. I have tried it with both the coils that came in the box and its the same result. Any ideas or suggestions what might be wrong.
I have checked and it seems to be the authentic product.
Its making my new vaping experience a sour one. Would appreciate advice on whats wrong.
Welcome and glad you joined. Sounds like you picked the wrong device.
Might want to do non sub-ohm first (Over 1 ohms). You will get great flavor but the cloud production is not as intense as you can produce with sub ohm'g.
Could look into the pros and cons of sub ohm'g vs non sub ohm'g before you decide which way you want to go. Some folks jump right into sub ohm'g without looking at the hidden ramifications.Successful sub ohm'rs tend to know the ins and outs of vaping. That's why sub ohm'g is tagged as advanced vaping. EGO's are pretty good starter devices.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
May 2016 / Smoking Vapor
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: stols001

Basujit

Feb 12, 2017
Hi all,

I have tried everything suggested but there is somehow no airflow on this device.

As soon as the top cap and coil assembly is in place there is no suction possible, with or without juice which seems seriously incorrect. Its as if this is missing any sort of air inlet.

With no coils installed its just open so that cannot be the issue.

Its all pointing to a bad device, but i don't want to buy another one without being sure of the issue.

I have uploaded some photos of the coil and top cap assembly.

Dropbox - coils

The reviews of the device seem so good that it is obviously an exception that seems to be happening here.

Reactions: stols001

Basujit

Feb 12, 2017
1. Top cap and coil assembled. When this is screwed into the pockex tank area, there is no suction.

4ec72307a55a22dcfdee52470cb62b27.jpg

2. The top cap and coil separately.

428d8427bf52f7c32b7a4b61f96ba22e.jpg

3. Coil that came with the device. 0.6 ohm Nautilus X type coils.

54a026566c94d27e8932327708e93b85.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread