Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
The hot buzz now is the Aspire Triton.

I am not going to waste my money on it and will tell you why.

1. It has the ability for top filling and that is WONDERFUL, and prevents you from losing a lot of juice.

So what is wrong with it?

1. Vertical coil heads. I don't like vertical heads.

2. The Sub Ohm heads are .4 ohms. Most of the mods the Istick 50, Coolfire 4, Heatvape Defender only works down to .3 ohms. I would like it better if the coils were at least .5 ohms.

3. You cannot take the Triton apart to clean when you change ejuice.

4. I don't like the metal cage around the tank. I like to see what is going on in there.

5. There are sharp edges on the metal cage and especially the seat for the drip tip.

6. The Triton doesn't come with the RBA. That is an additional cost

You could do much better than the Triton.

VCT (vapor chasing tank)

Kanger Subtank mini comes with the RBA if you want to wrap coils

Kanger Subtank Nano. No RBA but you can make coils and rebuild the heads.

There is the Kayfun Lite

There is the Zephyrus top filled and rebuild able tank etc.

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
Got an MVP 20W, and an Aspire Nautilus. Get great vapor production (probably as good as it gets without sub-ohming) long battery life (400 hits on a charge) and nearly bulletproof build quality all for a price I can afford.
Do I get "Shinyitis"? (the nearly impossible to resist urge to go buy the latest new toy) Of course I do, but I know that I have one of the better mods available for the money. Why would I need to get something else?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Got an MVP 20W, and an Aspire Nautilus. Get great vapor production (probably as good as it gets without sub-ohming) long battery life (400 hits on a charge) and nearly bulletproof build quality all for a price I can afford.
Do I get "Shinyitis"? (the nearly impossible to resist urge to go buy the latest new toy) Of course I do, but I know that I have one of the better mods available for the money. Why would I need to get something else?

Shinyitis is a constant malady.

I have a Coolfire 4 and recently moving from clearomisers and tanjs to RDAs. I actually enjoy wrapping my own coils. I use 28 gauge Kanthal and my builds vary from .99-1.17 ohms

Right now I have three rda's

Veritas
Magma
Freak Show Mini.

The Freakshow is a clone of the Mini and I LOVE it I am working with a .99 ohm build and it seems to have a warmer vape and a tastier vape than the Magma.

I really like the hex screws in the Magma and Freakshow mini that holds the wire securely.

I am going to see if I can find a cheap authentic of the Freakshow mini because I would really like to rock this in single coil mode.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Do you really think Aspire would manufacturer a product that has sharp edges and sell it for $50?

Cyrus; I don't care whether you believe me or not. I handled the Triton at a vape shop and reported what I saw and felt.

But the HEAT sink fins the drip tip goes into was very sharp.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Do you really think Aspire would manufacturer a product that has sharp edges and sell it for $50?

Cyrus; I don't care whether you believe me or not. I handled the Triton at a vape shop and reported what I saw and felt.

But the HEAT sink fins the drip tip goes into was very sharp.

Andy79Z28

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2015
Long Island
ok not to get into the middle of an argument... I have a Triton. There are no sharp edges or scratches anywhere. But I also work in a machine shop and when making large volumes of parts it is quite possible that there can be a few parts that got missed in the d-burring process. But since my tank is polished the person doing the polishing should have noticed any sharp edges and fixed it. Is it possible you were sold a used tank?

Reactions: Bantam59

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
ok not to get into the middle of an argument... I have a Triton. There are no sharp edges or scratches anywhere. But I also work in a machine shop and when making large volumes of parts it is quite possible that there can be a few parts that got missed in the d-burring process. But since my tank is polished the person doing the polishing should have noticed any sharp edges and fixed it. Is it possible you were sold a used tank?

Andy:

I didn't buy the Triton. I looked at one at a vape shop here in Tucson and almost cut my finger on the HEAT sink fins. No way in Hell I was going to buy it.

I looked at one and reported what I felt. Plain and simple.

I don't know if all of them are like that or I was looking at a flawed copy that was passed through QC (Quality Control). I thought I should bring it to your attention.

All I am saying is check it out before you put down your hard earned money.

I didn't need the Triton I am happy with my Freakshow Mini RDA and my Subtank Nano and wrap my own coils for it.

I use the Nano when I have to make a new coil for my RDA and do not have time to wrap a coil and wick it.

I like RDAs because the taste is better than any tank IMHO.

Andy79Z28

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2015
Long Island
Thanks for the reply Two Bears...

What I was stating was just the simple facts of machining. I did not realize you were just looking at it in a store. What you are stating is correct you must look at what your buying if at a store. Lots buy thru the internet so will never be able to see it before hand. I got mine from the internet and it is perfect. As for the tank itself I think it is a great tank but it really sucks down the juice more than anything else I own. It also drains batteries real fast as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread