Aspire Triton Tank, problem with coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

woolfe99

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
San Francisco
So I just bought the Aspire Triton tank (ver. 2.0). Bought 15 spare coils from an online vendor. Anyway, the first coil I used came with the tank, and it lasted 7 days, which is great. Then I started with the spares I bought, and I've gone through 4 in 1 day. After a few hours, I get an awful taste which won't go away. It's like petroleum based rubber being burnt. I've had that taste before with other atomizers, but never had this many go south so quickly.

I like the high vapor production on these coils but they're too expensive if they go bad this quickly. Is this a known problem with these coils or did I just purchase a bad batch? I've used the same liquid and wattage/temp settings for all of them.

Inly

Sep 26, 2016
UK
Might be cloned coils. Not authentic ones from Aspire. I've had that tank for a long time no issues. You should be able to check the code on the box to see if they are legit on there web site.

I second this, but I'd also like to add that occasionally the box code will tell you the item is legit even though the coils are blatantly clones. I've had it happen with coils for two separate tanks, now, from different vendors, and while my Triton clone coils seem to be fine (if slightly shoddy workmanship and complete unknown quality of materials) the cloned eGo One coils I had a while back were atrocious, and exactly what you described.

If you wanna avoid it in future, your only real way of knowing you're getting the real deal is to buy direct from Aspire, although depending on where you live you might incur a shipping charge.

EDIT: Worth mentioning, too, OP might not have primed the coil properly and caused it to start burning out way too fast. One thing I tend to do with my coils is prime them, let them sit in the tank for around five minutes to soak up all that juicy goodness, and then start vaping on a lower wattage than I usually would for the first few pulls and just work it up to my standard wattage gradually. It's something that was suggested to me by the guy I buy my juice from and it really seems to help in terms of coil longevity.

Reactions: seminolewind
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread