Status
Not open for further replies.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Update, sweet-vapes has the coil 5-packs in stock right now for only $13.95 for the 1.8's and $14.95 for .04's. Thank god....all these other places had pre-order prices of $22.95. In fact the very lowest I saw before this today was $19.99.

Great news for the longevity of this tank.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Anyone having leaking issues? There are fair amount of people reporting it on the Aspire forums, and I've noticed that mine has been dangerously close a few times.

Although the flavor is good, it's almost too wet. When I take off my drip-tip, the bottom is dripping with juice. Even after only a few drags after I take a Q-tip there is a ton of juice everywhere. When I've cleaned the coil it's like a soggy sponge that doesn't seem able to hold all of the juice.

Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else.

RiderVapor

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Anyone having leaking issues? There are fair amount of people reporting it on the Aspire forums, and I've noticed that mine has been dangerously close a few times.

Although the flavor is good, it's almost too wet. When I take off my drip-tip, the bottom is dripping with juice. Even after only a few drags after I take a Q-tip there is a ton of juice everywhere. When I've cleaned the coil it's like a soggy sponge that doesn't seem able to hold all of the juice.

I had an issue with the .4 coil head installed, got some juice in my mouth. Played with wattage to see if it would help but did nothing to solve issue, figure got myself a DOA coil head. Put the 1.8 coil head in and everything seems to be good so far but have a little gurgling going on still. Have to say that I am not really trusting the Triton very much at all right now so it's been put aside, something is not quite right here. Contacted Aspire USA but they can not do anything so I would need to deal with China who wants way too much to do something, B&M were I bought it will not take a return or do anything else, so I am stuck with it now.

Reactions: drysprocket

SteveElbows

Jul 6, 2015
Midlands, UK

The way I mouth-to-lung, I've gotten away without problems so far when using the 1.8oh coil. I can tell its been right on the edge a few times though, and I have seen juice at the drip tip airflow slit on many occasions.

I actually love how wet the vape is with this thing, but I will be sad if it causes problems for many people. Personally I'll probably try increasing my VG ratio to see if I can move slightly further away from the danger zone (have been on approx 50:50 so far).

Guzz

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2014
Tempe, AZ
I'm loving my Triton!!

So far, I haven't had any leaking as others have mentioned. But I've been using 20/80 (PG/VG) juices. Even with the 1.8 ohm coil the 20/80 ratio is amazing. Actually the 1.8 ohm coil is now my favorite coil right now, and its been handling the 20/80 juice without any issues (unlike the older Aspire coils where I couldn't get anything higher than 50 VG to work right).

I have a feeling that Aspire isn't packing the cotton as densely as before, to allow for higher VG ratios to be used. I think they did this because they may have noticed that the majority of juice manufactures are leaning towards thicker juices by default.

So try a thicker juice, and see if that improves your experience.

SteveElbows

Jul 6, 2015
Midlands, UK
Actually the 1.8 ohm coil is now my favorite coil right now, and its been handling the 20/80 juice without any issues (unlike the older Aspire coils where I couldn't get anything higher than 50 VG to work right).

Amazing isn't it? I'm so happy that someone made a non-subohm coil that is great in 2015!

I'll mix up a thicker juice later, first time I've had a device that might really be able to handle it!

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I'm loving my Triton!!

So far, I haven't had any leaking as others have mentioned. But I've been using 20/80 (PG/VG) juices. Even with the 1.8 ohm coil the 20/80 ratio is amazing. Actually the 1.8 ohm coil is now my favorite coil right now, and its been handling the 20/80 juice without any issues (unlike the older Aspire coils where I couldn't get anything higher than 50 VG to work right).

I have a feeling that Aspire isn't packing the cotton as densely as before, to allow for higher VG ratios to be used. I think they did this because they may have noticed that the majority of juice manufactures are leaning towards thicker juices by default.

So try a thicker juice, and see if that improves your experience.

I think you hit it on the head. All of my juices are 50/50, and it sounds like less issues are happening with high VG.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Update, sweet-vapes has the coil 5-packs in stock right now for only $13.95 for the 1.8's and $14.95 for .04's. Thank god....all these other places had pre-order prices of $22.95. In fact the very lowest I saw before this today was $19.99.

Great news for the longevity of this tank.

You can get the triton coils from vapedna for $12.59 (5 pack) using coupon code JOE10 and get free juice too ;)

Aspire Triton Sub-Ohm BVC Replacement Coil

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Last edited:
    Reactions: Nailz

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Looks like the RTA is the hold up at KP. New ETA date is July 24.

Maybe the RTA works in Atlantis tanks and that is why it is a separate offering. ??

Yep same with most sites, I won the triton and added the RTA to go with it, now the RTA is holding up my triton shipping, hopefully they save me a triton and don't send them all out, or could be waiting till Xmas :laugh:

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I canceled my KP preorder. Bummer for people still waiting. They charged me $68.75 for the tank and a 5 pack of coils.

101Vape has the tank with coupon "101triton" for 29.99, and 5pack of coils there (.04 only in stock at the moment) for 15.99. All together: $47.97 shipping included.

So I think that's the best current deal, unless you're after 1.8's, but you can see earlier in the this thread they are going for cheaper other places. You could just do 2 separate orders. But Kidney Puncher isn't looking like a good deal at all.

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    I sent a support message to KP to cancel the order and they have emailed me that it has been refunded.

I made one of those impulse orders for near $150 with the Triton, xtar charger and a couple of 18650s. Don't really need any of it and starting to have concerns about this Triton for my use.

MattyRetro

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 6, 2014
    Acton, Maine, United States
    Just got mine today and so far so good. I'm running a 50/50 juice in it and no leaking issues. I bought mine on eBay for $52.00 shipped which included the Triton and a 5 pack of .4 coils. I also ordered the RTA kit from Roosevelt vape for $14.50 shipped to me. So far I'm liking the flavor and the vapor production. I will warn though that you need some power. The 25-30 watt recommendation is way to low. I've been running it around 45 watts. It definitely eats the juice. I went through my first tank in about an hour. Not sure I'm liking that too much but other than that it seems to be a good tank. Looking forward to getting the RTA kit to start wrapping my own coils.

SteveElbows

Jul 6, 2015
    Midlands, UK
    I can't put my Triton with 1.8ohm coil down. Running it from 15 to 20 watts.

In several key regards it seems as if it's taken me to a place half way between the nautilus mini and sub-ohming. And I mean this in terms of taste, how quickly it drinks juice, how I need to lower the nicotine amount in the juice, and how quickly I fill a room with more vapour clouds than are strictly appropriate.

For these reasons I think I will have to hang onto a nautilus mini for certain occasions, but after just over a week I am loving this triton experience.

I've not direct-lung-hitted with it enough to review that aspect, I remain largely a mouth-to-lung hitter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread