Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Actually, I have done a 1.8 ohm BVC build on the Triton RTA. I used 28 gauge Kanthal wrapped around a 2.0 mm drill bit. Damn near exact performance of the 1.8 ohm factory coils. It did gurgle a bit in the beginning, but it smoothed out nicely after awhile because the cotton finally swelled up enough with the juice. Haven' had a dry hit, even chain vaping it. Actually all my builds so far gurgle in the beginning. I've tried using more cotton, wrapped more tightly around the coil, but then it's to tight and the juice won't wick properly and I get dry hits.

I might try using 26 gauge with more wraps next time to see how it turns out.

Maybe I will try the triton RTA one last try, I admit I did only try the coil that came with the kit, and normally I use compressed coils in my RBA's, so I will give it one more go, but not a big deal if still not great, as finding the Anyvape Atlantis RBA is working good with it, apart from it does start to leak a bit once the tank gets low.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 16, 2013
    USA
    these vaporshark nickel coils last like nobody's business! to me makes more sense than rta. no fuss get good coil just screw it in. for the price and how long they last seems like a no brainer to me. unless you must build. in the time you build 5 rta's you could be on one vs coil. don't know how they did this but good quality pleased.

tip duh. if you get rotten smoke make sure you did not inadvertently turn the fill dial even a drop. it must be in the click indent for puff. ask me how I know that lol.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
    Oct 16, 2013
    USA
    this thing has been a leaking disaster for me. the flavor is second to none so I deal with it. I do not understand why it is leaking like this. I mean like a faucet. tank drains on my shirt in 10 minutes. don't understand why. I know others are doing fine with it. I think the design is very high quality and nice looking. if I could just fix the leak. does anyone have any advice for me? it is leaking from bottom seal where you screw on the base and out the bottom afc.

edit: I can't believe it I figured out what my problem is. I am sticking the bottles nozzle completely into the fill hole. thus pressurizing the tank causing it to leak! just tried filling it just above the hole and it did not leak! oops.

Last edited:
    Reactions: drysprocket

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 6, 2013
    Fullerton, CA, USA
    this thing has been a leaking disaster for me. the flavor is second to none so I deal with it. I do not understand why it is leaking like this. I mean like a faucet. tank drains on my shirt in 10 minutes. don't understand why. I know others are doing fine with it. I think the design is very high quality and nice looking. if I could just fix the leak. does anyone have any advice for me? it is leaking from bottom seal where you screw on the base and out the bottom afc.

edit: I can't believe it I figured out what my problem is. I am sticking the bottles nozzle completely into the fill hole. thus pressurizing the tank causing it to leak! just tried filling it just above the hole and it did not leak! oops.

How can you pressurize the tank when there's a second hole to relieve the pressure? I don't mean to sound cheeky--I really want to know. I was very excited to get this tank until I heard it leaks worse that my eGo ONE tanks did (I really did chase white rabbits with those). I have heard elsewhere that the top of the Triton coils may not sufficiently press against a top o-ring, or seal, in the chimney portion of the tank, thus allowing the juice to pass right through the wick into the AFC. I heard about a similar problem with the full sized Nautilus tanks, too. A guy I saw on YouTube put an o-ring atop the coil and the problem completely disappeared.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
    Oct 16, 2013
    USA
    if there is juice around the top ring where you fill it. you plunge in with the needle nose. it is sealed by the juice the tipi momentarily breaks the seal going in but instantly reseals both holes then. overall very nice but a compromised design. perhaps the o-ring also does not touch as you say. it stoped leaking when I stopped pumping up the tank.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
    Oct 16, 2013
    USA
    here is the big trick! do not stick a nozzle into the holes. hold it directly over the hole and go slowly. you must go slowly or it will overflow into the chimney. now no leaks. as I said I am amazed how long vs coils are lasting. actually making building not worthwhile from a cost perspective. coil is almost 6 weeks! unheard of. most cols last 3-5 days by me. that makes this thing entirely worth using even if I do get a leak. I do not know how they made these coils to do this. watch, contains poison lol.

Reactions: BWeist

Eatenback2life

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 18, 2012
    Sugar Grove, IL
    I see a whole lot of discussion about flooding out of the air flow holes, both here on this forum and elsewhere. So, is this really just due to improperly filling the tank, or is there some sort of critical design flaw within the Triton?

I find it odd I've seen so many issues with leaking on this forum. I've been using mine for over a month and probably filled it 50 times or more without a single issue.

Not sure if I got lucky or maybe some folks are filling it incorrectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    On the spitting, flooding, and gurgling front, I sent an email to aspire to see if they are planning on making these coils work with 50/50 juice, and pointed out that with 1.8 coils, mouth-to-lungers usually don't do high VG. I wanted to see if they would admit that these coils only work with High VG- sure enough they sent me back:

"For the spitting problem, we suggest you to use high Vg proportion juice.

And if the tank sit aside for a few hours unused, the coil is soak up with too much juice, we suggest you to let the tank,the drip tip face to the floor,and swing the tank to let the extra e-juice out of the drip tip and use a clean paper to clean out the e-juice inside the drip tip and the place,which the drip tip sit , and start with a low wattage and then slowly turn up the wattage when you use it again. If not, the problem will happen."

So yeah...indeed these coils do over saturate as so many have speculated. And since they didn't respond to my question about changing this, I think it's safe to assume they aren't going to. Aspire is now dead to me.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
    Oct 16, 2013
    USA
    now that I fill it properly it does not leak at all. user error. however they should include instructions on this. the vapor shark nickel coils last me 6-7 weeks. I have never had coils last this long. overall this is a winner now. all the problems I had were due to improper filling and pressurizing the tank. I will now do a 360 and say this is the best current clearo if you use the vs coils. if you are having leaks it may be same as me or some other reason. I do not think they are a dud now. took quite a while to get there which is a shame. they really should inform people on proper usage. I will say the fill holes are too small and that is the entire problem with it. too easy to mess up filling it. a needle point bottle is a must for this. on the other hand I have wasted a lot of expensive juice pouring it into a needle bottle. I would give this 3.5 out of 5. it is currently very good but a lot of hassle and takes great care in filling it. ymmv.

jseah

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY, USA
    I know they are for TC but will the work without TC that is the question. It came with the tank so wanted to know if i can use it without TC
    I think you might be mistaken. The Triton did not come with nickel coils. The Triton comes with 2 coils, a 0.4 ohm stainless steel coil and a 1.8 ohm Kanthal coil.

Generally, the resistance of nickels coils are so low that they will only work on TC mods. A typical VV/VW mod only fires down to 0.2 ohms while most premade nickel coils are in the 0.1 to 0.15 ohm range, so if you were to put one of those nickel coils onto a VV/VW mod that only supports coils down to 0.2 ohms, you would get a low resistance error message. Freemax does make a nickel coil for their Starre tank in 0.25 ohms as well as 0.15 ohms, so technically you could use that coil on a VV/VW mod. The problem is that while it would fire, the extra heat would seriously deform the nickel coil.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread