• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Atlanta, GA area E-Vapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xothin

Mar 12, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
I got lucky with mine... not too lucky, but lucky enough. He charged me $100 instead of $150 and gave me a break on some of the parts.

I did find out later that they don't sell 901s, they sell the RN4075, which is a cheap knockoff... the batteries are garbage, already returned 3 and about to have to return another one. Glad it has a 1 year warranty.

Since then I've purchased a JOYE306 (which I love except for the really short battery life, I use it in the car on the way to work), an m401 (intellicig branded) and an m510. I love the m401 because of the long battery life, but dislike the carts because I always have to carry around something to push the inner cart out.

I've seen the screwdriver and its a great idea... but I couldn't see putting that beast in my mouth to get my fix. :)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I've seen the screwdriver and its a great idea... but I couldn't see putting that beast in my mouth to get my fix. :)[/quote]

The pictures of the SD are deceptive. It's no longer than a 901. And the way you have to hold it to activate the switch, no one can really see it anyway. But I guarantee one thing, once you try an SD, you will think you have never really vaped before. That is how good it is.

maria_anne

Mar 31, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Alright, so.... I finally got my 901 in last Monday. :D I didn't want to post about it until I had a few days to try it all out and see what's what.

First off.. the starter kit cartridges tasted awful. Wow.. just awful. Luckily, I decided to just go ahead and order a bottle of RY4 before I even had the 901 :p, so I waited patiently, not using the e-cig, till Wednesday when my juice shipment came in.

....I haven't had an analog since Wednesday morning. :thumb: It's seriously so weird. I've been at least a pack a day smoker since I was 15. And then.. I just stopped. I'm only using 11 mg nic juice too. I definitely had withdrawal symptoms the first couple of days... headache, a little shaky, etc. But I can honestly say I haven't craved an analog at all - not after a meal, not when I wake up, not during any other "high trigger" times. When I get a craving, I just vape. :) And when I'm not vaping, my e-cig is usually still glued to my hand, but for some reason I'm not overusing like I thought I would.. I think just having it in my hand and knowing I can use it whenever I want prevents me from abusing it.

Glitch, it's interesting that you get stared at on campus.. my bf goes to GSU and I don't think he's vaped there yet, but at least you'll have another person around to share the gawking. ;)

As far as public encounters go, I haven't really been out much.. end of the semester crunch and all. But I went to see Flight of the Conchords with a bunch of friends at Fox Theatre on Saturday (which was a freakin blast, by the by), and 3 of us vaped during the entire performance. :p I think if you're discreet and considerate - covering the LED and not blowing vapor towards anyone - it's really not that big of a deal, not one person noticed. Afterwards, we stopped at Estoria for some drinks, and I really can't even count how many questions I answered and how many times I had to write "e-cigarette-forum.com" or the websites of some of my fav suppliers on the back of receipts pulled from my purse. :D It's kinda weird to me how a city as diverse as ATL is so in the dark about e-cigs.. lots of people seem to be very interested though.

The only negative encounter I've had so far, I guess, was with a man walking out of a Target in Mabelton. We crossed paths as we were walking through the parking lot and he just stared for a long time, and said something about "drugs" to the woman with him. :confused: ..Because I totally just walk around strip malls in Cobb Co. with a blue LED'ed electronic crack pipe. :rolleyes: :lol:

Aaanyway, enough rambling from me today! It's pouring down here in Macon and I'm pretty bored. :cool: Sorry!

Damn, I wanted to go to that show :(

Anyways, took the dog to the dog park up in Dunwoody yesterday. Flew under the radar for a bit, covering the LED, holding in the vapor till it dissipated, etc.. After a while though, I was full on vaping in the open. Got a couple of odd looks, but no one really said anything. I guess when they see that you're not ashing and they can't smell the "smoke", most people move on. I do think the one old couple that was there were whispering something about drugs and pointing in my general direction, but who's to say?

At any rate, it made for a very plesant afternoon and a nice calm puppy for the rest of the night.

The best part of the whole thing, however, has to be being able to "smoke" at my desk. I work in tech support and have very little patience for stupidity (not a great combination). Being able to get a quick "fix" while dealing with a particuarly difficlut customer makes things so much more managable :D

At any rate, already looking at my next purchase. Need to get a spare battery for my 401 first (dog already chewed up one of the two that came with my kit...). I'd like to go ahead and get a screwdriver, but my settle for a 901 with a usb passthrough for now.

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Bad Llama

Apr 10, 2009
I'm also from Jonesboro.

With as many people here from the Atlanta area, it's curious that I still get stared at while using my e-cig at Georgia State.

Someone mentioned opening a shop at Little Five... I've been expecting something like that there for a while now. You should do it! I can guarantee you at least one regular customer!

I'm in the Snellville/Lilburn area of Gwinnett!

Glitch actually got me interested in ecigs and I ended up getting one of my own. I'll be a regular in little five as well!

Jaaxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
juicyliquid.com
The only negative encounter I've had so far, I guess, was with a man walking out of a Target in Mabelton. We crossed paths as we were walking through the parking lot and he just stared for a long time, and said something about "drugs" to the woman with him. :confused: ..Because I totally just walk around strip malls in Cobb Co. with a blue LED'ed electronic crack pipe. :rolleyes: :lol:

I live about 2-3 miles from that Target! I vape around (in) there all the time!

Jaaxx

Xothin

Mar 12, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
I visit the Best Buy in Jonesboro quite a bit, and every time I go in there I get either stared at or questioned about my PV. As a matter of fact, yesterday a woman standing outside (man I really am glad that isn't me anymore) stopped me and asked if I was using one. When I confirmed, she said that she had a card in her pocket for a distributor. If I wasn't in such a hurry to get what I needed to get done, I would have stopped and given her a little more information.

Sandy Springs here. Ive been searching everywhere in the city to find e-liquid. Thinking bout opening up my own store... maybe in little 5.

The other day I was getting impatient waiting for some liquid in the mail and I went to Gwinnett place mall and there is a e cig kiosk called "QuantumCig". Its the usual overpriced BS but they sell liquid. Its totally overpriced as well but hey it smokes if you are in a bind.

amaris81

Mar 21, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, Johngeetar I hate those kioses expescally the smokeeverywhere guys in Lenox. That's why I want to start a Legit E-smoke shop. But I'm haveing a hard time getting a distributor because the FDA put a hold on e-cig products. There's this dude Arnoman on the forums that wants to get people together on Memorial Day at Piemont Park to"raise awareness". I'll be there you guys should show too. Oh yeah has anybody else gotten a message from a guy that says he's doing a study of e-smokers in the Atlanta area? He says he's paying $150, so I'm down.LOL

My dog just chewed up my 2nd battery :( Now I'm stuck waiting until the replacement that I ordered for the first one he chewed up to come in.

He's lucky he's cute, or he'd be dead.

Greeting from a SC neighbor... most of my fam is still in the ATL area, though.

My wife and I have a 4lb chi-chi. When I first started vaping I used a small padded fabric pouch to carry my daily supply of gear (2 batts, extra atty, 1 or 2 3ml vials of JC juice.)

I never really thought about the fact that the pouch was almost identical in size to most of her favorite stuffed toys. Anyhow, one day the little one got the pouch off the coffee table and DESTROYED it. I mean there was stuffing and bits of the fabric everywhere.

Luckily, she didn't decide to chew on the contents (especially the tiny vials of poison) so a combination of her cuteness and my fear for her life saved her from any punishment... and I learned to NEVER leave any of my vaping supplies laying within her reach.

Silent Siren

May 18, 2009
Georgia, USA
This is my first post btw...

Fiance and I both new e-smokers. We got our cigs from QuantumCig (yeah overpriced but they are local and will replace any parts for free for a year from purchase…including atomizers).

I’ve been completely tobacco free for 5 weeks and my fiancé has significantly reduced the cigarettes he smokes…he says he’s just burning up the last of our carton that I bought a month and a half ago.

We live in a small town about 30 miles east of Atlanta. I’m seeing a lot of folks getting curious when they see my e-cig and a few have asked me about it but so far, I haven’t been able to convince anyone to go and try it. They can try it for free at the QuantumCig mall kiosks. I figure eventually some will see what a success it’s been for me and go and give it a shot :)

A co-worker of my fiancé first introduced us to the e-cig. I am ever the skeptic about “quick fix” products and I knew that even if I was fully dedicated to quitting smoking (which I was not), no amount of patches or gum would get me there. Bottom line is I enjoy smoking. It represents a break from life and a few minutes of downtime for me. I am relatively healthy, I eat right and regularly exercise but I had noticed that in the past year or so, exercise has gotten difficult and my mild allergies have become a nuisance. I knew I had to quit smoking.

While researching the e-cig, I found this forum about a month and a half ago and after reading story after story of success, I made up my mind, shelled out the bucks and never looked back. Even if the e-cig I purchased was pricier than what I could have waited on, I’m not complaining a bit…and do not regret making the purchase while I was still fired up about it. Impulse buys can be good if they actually work ;)

I am concerned about the FDA’s stance on the products and I think that it’s important that we express our support of R&D of the e-cig and our desire that it continue to be available to us during the research process so I am providing the contact information for our senators and the site you can use to contact your congressperson. I will be writing them with my story and hope that other Georgia e-smokers will as well.

**** Ohhh…apparently I can’t post URLs until I have a certain amount of posts. I’ll ask an admin to post the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread